The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 Round and Dual Headlight Conversion (LED)

chademinent

chademinent

I used a Westin 4.7" round LED offraod light to replace the bulky factory headlamp that Yamaha throws on these bikes.  In an afternoon, I had a bracket made and the light mounted for a clean/sano look.  using an offraod light made mounting it a breeze, since it already has the brackets and hardware for mounting.  Check it...

20160524_211628_zpsa51zncoa.jpg~original

20160528_124544_zpszqvccsaw.jpg~original

20160528_170518_HDR_zpsro1zy4n6.jpg~original

CYCLOPS3_zpskhtuabac.jpg~original

20160528_170603_HDR_zpsl39toden.jpg~original

• Like 6

• Premium Member

Wow. You did good hiding all the wires there. Cool!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Do you have any separate pics of the mount? And How's the head light compare to stock at night?

chademinent
Do you have any separate pics of the mount? And How's the head light compare to stock at night?
I didn't take any pics of the bracket because it's not super pretty. I can get a close up of it on the bike.

It is much brighter than the stock light however being a flood pattern it does not reach out as far as I would like. I am adding a spot beam light so it will be a dual lamp setup.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator

that looks amazing dude

i personally like how the stocker housing looks, but always love seeing what our community comes up with 

• Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Send me a pm with your shipping info and in Will throw a price at ya. My housing has the led parking light too.
Thanks! PM'd ... I have a LED in my current housing for the parking light, but I won't ask you to separate it. :)

• 10 months later...
  • chademinent changed the title to FZ07 Round and Dual Headlight Conversion (LED)
  • 2 months later...

I haven't figured out the dislike for the stock light yet. It looks nice, is well made and matches the bike. In stock trim it lights up as good, or better, than any other bike I've owned/ridden. With a simple CyclopsLED popped in the stock light goes from a fine light to a great light. 

Round headlights just don't jive on these bike IMO. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
michigan400
On 3/24/2018 at 3:04 PM, FZ07R WaNaB said:

Just saw this one on Craigslist... what does everyone think of this setup?

00H0H_gOFM0aRKqzj_600x450.jpg

00K0K_3c1oQTXnPik_600x450.jpg

That's a nice set up. Looks like the Motodemic light, mounts and windscreen. I think the angle of the pic makes it look worse than what it is. The big cruiser bars don't help either from that view. Just to expensive for me to justify getting it since I don't ride that much at night.