The MT-07 Forum

Armor grey gear matching???

motofunfz

Anyone know of any gear that matches the armor grey? I am looking to get a new helmet, mesh and leather jackets, and gloves that match the grey and/or yellow. This bike color is so tough to match gear to!!

mcgoogles56
Anyone know of any gear that matches the armor grey? I am looking to get a new helmet, mesh and leather jackets, and gloves that match the grey and/or yellow. This bike color is so tough to match gear to!!
Pretty much any hi vis gear will match. At least the yellow. I have seen one helmet that matched perfect with the gray and yellow, but that's about it. I just got a black shoei with a high vis strip down it, matches somewhat.

• Premium Member

I haven't seen this nice light grey in gear aside from this place....
If you're willing to spend the dough, Motoport produces very high-end custom gear in a myriad of colour combinations and prices depending on your level of customization. Its all made to your specific measurements. Great warranty too.
Their site has bits of info everywhere but its really worth a thorough look over. All reviews around the web for this stuff are absolute tops.

http://www.motoport.com/

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Global Moderator

Just get the gear.... then paint it

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I'm buying the speed and strength ss3000 lightspeed. Check it out, it's affordable AND top notch.

I'm buying the speed and strength ss3000 lightspeed. Check it out, it's affordable AND top notch.

• Premium Member

I did the whole color coordinating thing... then you know what happened? I bought another bike and now I don't match when I decide to wear them.

But that's not what you asked. Have you gone on revzilla? You can sort through by color(s) in the search filters. Don't be fooled, there are different variations on the hi-viz yellow. So if you're particular like me, you'll try and make sure the yellow matches.

As for the grey, like said above, it's pretty rare. But black goes with everything...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Nice! I love the helmet and the colors, I just dont like the HUGE advertising on it.

I did the whole color coordinating thing... then you know what happened? I bought another bike and now I don't match when I decide to wear them.  
But that's not what you asked. Have you gone on revzilla? You can sort through by color(s) in the search filters. Don't be fooled, there are different variations on the hi-viz yellow. So if you're particular like me, you'll try and make sure the yellow matches.

As for the grey, like said above, it's pretty rare. But black goes with everything...
Yes I have looked on many sites and also yamaha dealer and cycle gear. Nothing I like. Maybe im being too picky.  
If I were to get a new bike i would get new gear to match also.

I haven't seen this nice light grey in gear aside from this place.... If you're willing to spend the dough, Motoport produces very high-end custom gear in a myriad of colour combinations and prices depending on your level of customization. Its all made to your specific measurements. Great warranty too.
Their site has bits of info everywhere but its really worth a thorough look over. All reviews around the web for this stuff are absolute tops.

Thanks but im not interested in paying $500 for a mesh jacket. Mine cost $59 and fully armored.

• Premium Member
I haven't seen this nice light grey in gear aside from this place.... If you're willing to spend the dough, Motoport produces very high-end custom gear in a myriad of colour combinations and prices depending on your level of customization. Its all made to your specific measurements. Great warranty too.

Thanks but im not interested in paying $500 for a mesh jacket. Mine cost $59 and fully armored.
Fair enough. You get what you pay for. "Fully armoured" doesnt mean sh*t if the jacket disintegrates as soon as you hit the tarmac. If you trust your jacket in a nice long slide then by all means.  

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Fair enough. You get what you pay for. "Fully armoured" doesnt mean sh*t if the jacket disintegrates as soon as you hit the tarmac. If you trust your jacket in a nice long slide then by all means.
The timing of these comments are quite coincidental for me! I have been wearing an entry level mesh jacket for a few years and about a month ago I have began shopping for a more protective, better rated mesh jacket. I just placed an order from Revzilla for a $400 mesh. 
I don't knock anybody's gear. Anything is better than nothing. The older I get, the more I upgrade the quality of my gear.

Ride Safe!

Kirk

• Global Moderator

The timing of these comments are quite coincidental for me! I have been wearing an entry level mesh jacket for a few years and about a month ago I have began shopping for a more protective, better rated mesh jacket. I just placed an order from Revzilla for a $400 mesh. 
I don't knock anybody's gear. Anything is better than nothing. The older I get, the more I upgrade the quality of my gear.

Ride Safe!

Kirk

Which mesh?

For 400 i went leather
A* GP Plus R perf and a zip in goretex liner

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Ride Safe!

Kirk
Im not knocking anyone's gear and I completely agree anything is better than nothing. As I said, if he feels secure and safe in what he currently has then fine. A person can ride in a t-shirt and flip flops for all I care.  Im a bit of a extensive research junkie regarding gear from materials to manufacturing processes from cheap to high-end, and that reinforces the fact that 9 times out of 10 you get what you pay for.  Obviously there's reasons some jackets are $500+ and some are $50. Ive seen the results of lower quality gear in crashes and slides and scares the sh*t out of me and perhaps that is the main reason why I bother mentioning anything at all. 
My wife and I have too much at stake and I need to take all precautions, with any luck, to avoid being ground down to the bone or worse.  Some people are less inclined worry about such things and that's fine by me.

If I can, without being too much of an ass, plant that seed next time someone buys gear, and have a person reanalyze or research their choices for the future and in turn possibly keep them out of the hospital with skin grafts, amputations, shattered bones, ground down flesh, or a 6 foot hole then Im going to mention something even if it means coming across a bit judgemental. Some people dont fully consider the risks or are simply fine with said risks, I dont know its not for me to say. They can tell me to get bent and thats fine too. Either way, if flip flops or armoured boots is your thing, by all means, ride on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I picked up this Scorpion EXO-510. The colors really compliment the Armor Gray Bike. I am a big fan of the Scorpion helmets with the internal drop down visor. I will never own another helmet without one. 

scorpion_exot510_nexus_helmet_neon_black_detail_zpshyludbkc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/agv-ax-8-evo-naked-karakum-helmet
FOR THE HELMET,

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-runner-air-jacket
IN THE GREY AND YELLOW OPTION

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/stylmartin-sunset-evo-shoes
AND THESE HAVE A HINT OF THE FLUO YELLOW

These are on my wish list at Revzilla. As soon as I decided on the armor grey for the 7 I went straight to the site and looked all these up!

Rule number one, in my book, never match your gear with your bike. Cause that day is going to come (I'm sure most of us been there) where for one reason or another, said matching bike is going to be gone. Then you're stuck with gear that looked good with a bike you no longer have. Now what? New gear? Just my opinion ☺

Archived