The MT-07 Forum

Which radiator guards fit with the Yamaha metal side covers?

ShiftHer

My bike came with a radiator guard... I think it's an Infinite Performance guard (not sure). In any case, went to install my new side covers tonight, but it's not happening with this guard. B-|  

I'm not in love with this guard (it's silver, would prefer black), so I'm fine with just getting another one. I'd prefer one that covers the majority of the radiator if possible but, at this point, I just want something that will work with these guys:

AH0gsZOuIl442ye6kYCuw90FCxRSNH17U54sj7z0RBQ1.jpg?width=640

Does anyone know which ones will for sure work with these radiator side covers? 

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I have those side covers and the evotech radiator guard which covers most of the radiator. It needs some tweeking to get them to play nice together but is possible if you have a dremel tool or similar.

I followed luciphur's tutorial here. It's been over a year and no issues with it whatsoever.

Here is a pic of my dirty girl:

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Premium Member

Well if you can ever figure out how to make the rad guard work (seems like you'd have to make it work with the one mentioned above too), but you could always just spray paint it black.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator
I have those side covers and the evotech radiator guard which covers most of the radiator. It needs some tweeking to get them to play nice together but is possible if you have a dremel tool or similar.  
I followed luciphur's tutorial here. It's been over a year and no issues with it whatsoever.

Here is a pic of my dirty girl:

Hippie.. howd you get the red in the windows of your rad guards?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

The Yamaha billet aluminum side covers will also work with the R&G Rad Guard as well, and probably the Yamaha Accessory one too...

:)

- Paulie

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

@sorkyah that's some red reflective tape I had lying around.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
@sorkyah that's some red reflective tape I had lying around.
Not a bad idea....
i like the accent it gives...
did you glue it in?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

ninjaiceberg

Cool. I was more curious about radiator size. I figured it would be the same, just thought I'd ask.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in this one; a bit expensive; but the best looking IMO. It comes in Satin Grey and Black color as well.

760209121_3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

R&G radiator guard work well. I have a picture in my gallery 'Snoopy's Gallery'

Love to ride!

• Premium Member

n0rad, and you paint that little tab flat black that fits behind the tank cover on both sides... Hehehehe!!! Kinda crappola that drives me nuts!

• 10 months later...

Archived