The MT-07 Forum

Gilles Tooling Risers, Bars, and Speedo Relocater Installed

ddog

I received my Gilles Tooling care package from @bellissimoto  this weekend and installed the risers, bars, and speedo relocater alongside my newly matris/ @pattonme retrofitted forks today. Although I didn't get the chance to do any riding after I finished the install, I really liked the way the bars changed from stock. I plan on doing suspension and handlebar tuning tomorrow, but here are some pictures of how I've initially set things up. I tried to take stock pictures from the same angle so you could see the difference. In this configuration the bars are rotated rearward to the lowest setting and I didn't install either of the two included optional riser extenders. The risers are adjustable front to back, and are reversible. Currently I have the adjustment running rearward slightly to allow for clearance between the dampening adjusters and the bars. I'm more than likely going to move the bars forward and past the dampening adjusters. With these settings and at full lock there is the slightest gap between the bars and the tank. I was very happy with this because that position is just about as far as you can get low and back. They should allow for a very wide range of adjustment. 

imgur.com/gl7LCzh

imgur.com/9bmDWsA

imgur.com/F7xQs6y

imgur.com/S9ASOrI

imgur.com/x7VGluN

imgur.com/dxRtZ9k

imgur.com/5EPm7an

imgur.com/pwHReFn

imgur.com/74G14RX

• Global Moderator

damn.. you beat me to the post by 4 mins....
ive just finished installing mine

eedf311949882a7bcffd486b2d00c290.jpgb7e8dc8b98ed8cb2cf24cbb311252c95.jpg

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

damn.. you beat me to the post by 4 mins.... ive just finished installing mine

What are your thoughts on how the relocater positions the speedo? I'm conflicted.

• Global Moderator
damn.. you beat me to the post by 4 mins.... ive just finished installing mine

What are your thoughts on how the relocater positions the speedo? I'm conflicted.
I had it in the same place beffore ordering the risers... i had the speedo mounted to my windscreen bracketry so that i could see the damned thing

im still trying to figure out a windscreen that will work with the gilles adapter, or look for a shop to fab one for me... i'm not great with artistic stuff like that

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I had it in the same place beffore ordering the risers... i had the speedo mounted to my windscreen bracketry so that i could see the damned thing 
im still trying to figure out a windscreen that will work with the gilles adapter, or look for a shop to fab one for me... i'm not great with artistic stuff like that

I'm considering making my own bracket. We'll see where that leads I suppose. Let me know if you get anything figured!

bellissimoto

Wow! That looks really really nice @ddog!

I'm glad you held out for the Black/red risers...they flow great with the rest of the bike :)

- Paul

• Premium Member

@ddog I am a bit confused (and no disrespect intended) so I had to ask. I see that your bike is silver, blue, and black. Are you transitioning your bike to another color with the addition of the red?

@ddog I am a bit confused (and no disrespect intended) so I had to ask. I see that your bike is silver, blue, and black. Are you transitioning your bike to another color with the addition of the red?

Red was kind of an unplanned accent color, but my end goal is to replace all of the silver with black, except for the tank and seat. I'll probably try to add more red via plugs and other little additions, but I'm figuring it out as I go. I may paint the tank and reupholster the seat and remove the silver element entirely, but for now I like it.

bellissimoto
Red was kind of an unplanned accent color, but my end goal is to replace all of the silver with black, except for the tank and seat. I'll probably try to add more red via plugs and other little additions, but I'm figuring it out as I go. I may paint the tank and reupholster the seat and remove the silver element entirely, but for now I like it.
@ddog , 
Since you mentioned reupholstering the seat, this immediately popped into mind:

LUIMOTO (TEAM) RIDER SEAT COVERS FOR THE YAMAHA FZ-07 MT-07

and

LUIMOTO (TEAM) PASSENGER SEAT COVERS FOR THE YAMAHA FZ-07

They have one with Red accents that you might like 

:)

- Paul

@ddog , 

and

- Paul

Thanks for the suggestion Paul, but I actually have an aftermarket Corbin seat already, so a cover wouldn't fit.

bellissimoto
@ddog , 

and

- Paul
Thanks for the suggestion Paul, but I actually have an aftermarket Corbin seat already, so a cover wouldn't fit.
Ahh, no worries.  For some reason the Luimoto just popped into my head when I read your post, Lol.  Didn't even know they existed until last week.  I swear, there are so many cool products out for the FZ-07 it's not even funny.

How you liking the bars?  Have you had a chance to do a decent ride with them yet?

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
Gotcha!!

• Premium Member

Those Covers would look good on my bike. @ddog I would like to see that aftermarket seat. Could you post a pic of it?

Can you do me a favor and measure the height of the stock and gilles risers. I want to know how much lower the gilles risers are compared to stock.

Those Covers would look good on my bike. @ddog I would like to see that aftermarket seat. Could you post a pic of it?

This is a decent side view of the seat.

http://i.imgur.com/rsOiyBXh.jpg

Corbin allows you to customise the top, sides, and piping color. Plus if you call them they will mail material samples out to you so you can color match and feel for texture. If you're fortunate enough to live near a shop you can arrange a ride in appointment and they will custom shape the seat foam to fit you. I highly recommend it!

• Premium Member

How does that work with getting into your under seat storage. Also what is their # and website?

How does that work with getting into your under seat storage. Also what is their # and website?

The key latch for the stock back seat removes the whole seat now. It's super convenient. I would suggest filing a notch in the stock latch bar (I used a chainsaw file). This prevents the latch from slipping back or and allowing the seat to come off. Another forum member and I had this problem and doing that solves it.

http://corbin.com

Ahh, no worries.  For some reason the Luimoto just popped into my head when I read your post, Lol.  Didn't even know they existed until last week.  I swear, there are so many cool products out for the FZ-07 it's not even funny. 
How you liking the bars?  Have you had a chance to do a decent ride with them yet?

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I'm liking the bars a lot! I went on a twisty ride the other day and the positioning in the corners is much more sporty. Now my hands are out of my face as well!

bellissimoto
]I'm liking the bars a lot! I went on a twisty ride the other day and the positioning in the corners is much more sporty. Now my hands are out of my face as well!

Awesome! So glad you like them!!!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@digitalsteve The bars, risers, and speedo relocator are all Gilles. The risers in concert with the bar rotation have the option of being much lower and further forward than the stock setup, there is a ton of adjustability. I have mine set as low and far forward as I can and I am almost hitting the tank at full lock. If you are really looking for clip-on level positioning I would suggest just going that route. I plan to convert my bike to track dedicated here shortly and swapping to clip-ons is on the list. If you want a sporty position for twisties but still be able to sit upright when you want I'd go with the Gilles. Let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification!

Archived