The MT-07 Forum

HULAGN_My 2015 FZ07 Build

chademinent

chademinent

Ive decided to stop hyjacking people threads and make my own build thread.  I have a 2015 FZ07 in pearl white. and had the following added when i bought it:

M4 Carbon Slip on 
Dobeck EJK
Clear Flush front signals
Clear integrated tailight/signals
Tail tidy
Puig windscreen (clear, but plastidipped the backside)
Cox radiator guard
Woodcraft Stator Cover

100_5013_zpsldyacekc.jpg~original

• Like 3

The round headlight looks good! I never liked the looks of the bug-eyed housing/shape of the factory headlight. The engine made up for it, though.

• Like 1

Beemer

chademinent
The round headlight looks good! I never liked the looks of the bug-eyed housing/shape of the factory headlight. The engine made up for it, though.
Thanks Beemer!  I was planning on doing the projector/HID retrofit, but this was cheaper and gives it a whole new look.  And I love this motor, my Dad rides an FZ1 and he is so jealous of the way my bike sounds.  Love the FZ07!
  • Like 1

Thanks Beemer!  I was planning on doing the projector/HID retrofit, but this was cheaper and gives it a whole new look.  And I love this motor, my Dad rides an FZ1 and he is so jealous of the way my bike sounds.  Love the FZ07!
It doesn't have that racey, inline four sound but it does sound like some sort of hot rod of a bike with an M4 or other good aftermarket exhaust on it. Not many bikes that sound like it, exactly like it so it does turn heads.

Beemer

The day I got it home my wife decided to back into it, pushed it back about three feet then it fell on the left side.  Luckily It only broke the front fender and gave it some scrapes. 
I also added some titanium colored exhaust wrap.  
Man, I tell ya... when women get jealous, things get real ugly. (rofl)  
  • Like 3

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

chademinent
The day I got it home my wife decided to back into it, pushed it back about three feet then it fell on the left side.  Luckily It only broke the front fender and gave it some scrapes. 
I also added some titanium colored exhaust wrap.  
Man, I tell ya... when women get jealous, things get real ugly. (rofl)
The really bad thing was I hadn't even ridden it yet. I was away when it got delivered and parked behind her car. I came home to it looking like that. She was a mess though, sick to her stomach all day. Lol, I keep it in my pocket for ammunition when she acts up. Hahaha
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Yeah, I'm digging that headlight as well. A dual would look pretty sharp, separated by HI/LO beams.

• Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member
Yeah, I'm digging that headlight as well. A dual would look pretty sharp, separated by HI/LO beams.
I will try and whip something up to mount two lights in the next couple of weeks. I will also be plasti dipping it with a color changing pearl as well.
Cool! Post up when you have it all together! That pearl style paint always reminds me of the old "buzz-bomb" fishing lures I used to catch salmon as a kid.   
  • Like 1

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

chickenchickendinner
Where'd you get the exhaust wrap? That looks mint!
Amazon baby! Was debating doing black or the titanium. Glad I went with titanium, it matches the stator and engine case covers pretty well.
how well does the exhaust wrap hold and why did you get it? also, do you mind sharing the link to the exhaust wrap? 

chademinent
Amazon baby! Was debating doing black or the titanium. Glad I went with titanium, it matches the stator and engine case covers pretty well.
how well does the exhaust wrap hold and why did you get it? also, do you mind sharing the link to the exhaust wrap?
I got it because the M4 pipe is a different color than the stock pipes, and i wanted a more uniform look.  Plus, i just like the look of a wrapped header, and its just another thing that makes my bike stand out against the guy who just bought one that lives a block away from me.   ;) [span]    [/span]
[span]    It has held up perfectly fine, through rain and several shots with my pressure washer, a pretty inexpensive mod that really makes the bike pop.  Only takes about an hour or so to take the pipe off wrap it and put it back together.  It is fiberglass, so its a little finicky, and a lot itchy. (wear gloves) [/span]

Titanium exhaust wrap

• Like 1

chickenchickendinner

I have an akropovic exhaust and i don't like the gold/brownish look of the pipe. I was considering painting it or just leaving it as is but if they have wrap that can stand to high temps then i would consider wrapping my exhaust black.

chademinent
I have an akropovic exhaust and i don't like the gold/brownish look of the pipe. I was considering painting it or just leaving it as is but if they have wrap that can stand to high temps then i would consider wrapping my exhaust black.
I did a little research when I was looking for black wrap. There are some brands that don't stay black, you have to use the black silicone spray to keep them looking black. But if you can find a good brand go with it.
  • Like 1

crustyxpunk

Just curious did you go with the spot beam light or the flood light from Westin? I'm curious how this performs on the road. I'd like to do something similar but don't want to completely blind people in the process lol.

• Like 1

chademinent
Just curious did you go with the spot beam light or the flood light from Westin? I'm curious how this performs on the road. I'd like to do something similar but don't want to completely blind people in the process lol.
I went with the flood beam, I ride mostly during the day but have had a chance to ride at night and so far no one has flashed their brights at me.  I will say that the flood pattern is easy to outride during the night.  I get plenty of width but it just doesn't reach out far enough.  Thats why I am adding a spot beam to make it a twin round conversion.  I will wire it so my flood is the low and then i have both on for high beams.  I already have the light and i am just trying to figure out some brackets to mount it.

• 2 weeks later...
crustyxpunk
I went with the flood beam, I ride mostly during the day but have had a chance to ride at night and so far no one has flashed their brights at me.  I will say that the flood pattern is easy to outride during the night.  I get plenty of width but it just doesn't reach out far enough.  Thats why I am adding a spot beam to make it a twin round conversion.  I will wire it so my flood is the low and then i have both on for high beams.  I already have the light and i am just trying to figure out some brackets to mount it.
Right on, that will look bitchin when you get it done. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1