The MT-07 Forum

Greetings from Baltimore riding to San Francisco on Monday

cooper

Hi People,

This forum's wealth of information helpled me decide to pull the trigger on a 2016 FZ07. So thank you and I'm happy to join the community.

My story is last May I quit my job, sold my house, car and everything else that did not fit in a backpack and set off for a one year trip around the world. One thing I did not expect was to fall in love with motorcycling. In counties like India, Nepal, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia bikes far out number cars and is the way people get around. So I cut my riding teeth overseas and promised myself I buy a bike when I got stateside.

Just came home last week to Maryland, took the safety course, got licensed and went out to buy a bike. Im moving to California. I considered flying out and buying a bike there, certainly the logical decision, but what fun is that? I looked at the Honda cb500x, n700 and some used bmws, but fell in love with the FZ07. Of course it's far off from being the ideal cross country touring bike, but I tend to do things a bit unorthodox and it is heaps better than any of the bikes I used overseas. I did get a windshield though, that was absolutely essential.

I head out Monday and will end up in Berkeley. Thinking to take 2 to 3 weeks and enjoy camping along the way. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all the great info and also for reading.

Peace,

Cooper

• Premium Member

Sounds awesome. Are you planning on registering the bike in Cali once you get there? If so, it has to have 7500 miles on it if it's not California emissions certified.

- Andy

Coop!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to Cali hope to do sum riding wit ya!!!
No doubt! I look forward to joining the legion of lane splitters out west. Totally the norm in every country I rode making it frustrating to sit on the interstate parking lot during rush hour baking under the sun.

Wow that's a long ride, but sounds fun. Once you get to SF, let us know so us Bay Area members can give you a warm welcome and hopefully you can share some great stories from your trip.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Have a safe and fun trip! Keep us updated on your progress.

• Premium Member

Congrats and safe riding! Take lots of pictures and keep up posted!!

And welcome to CA!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Definitely keep us posted with updates and pics! That way we can all live through you, haha. Enjoy your trip and ride safe.

Oh yea, Welcome to the group!

• Global Moderator

Welcome to the forum dude,
Perhaps you should check out @zombiephone's threads. She has taken her FZ from Los Angeles to Key west and back.... before setting out again a little while ago to hit all of the lower 48? Or something like that
She has quite a few tricks and tidbits that might help

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

chickenchickendinner

hats off to you man, takes guts to do what you did (sell everything) and venture out. One day I hope to vacation to all those places you mention haha.

Welcome and congrats! Throwing it all to the wind?! Wow, awesome! For a second there I thought that maybe you were D.B. Cooper, resurfacing after all these years but naaaah! It couldn't be .... or could it???  ::)

Beemer

Welcome and congrats! Throwing it all to the wind?! Wow, awesome! For a second there I thought that maybe you were D.B. Cooper, resurfacing after all these years but naaaah! It couldn't be .... or could it???  ::)
Haha! If I had his money I'd be on a FZ09!

hats off to you man, takes guts to do what you did (sell everything) and venture out. One day I hope to vacation to all those places you mention haha.
I remember being somewhat nervous before doing it, but now in hindsight, it was the best decision I've ever made. I hope you get out to those places too!

Haha! If I had his money I'd be on a FZ09!
IKR! and with 24 karat gold plated rims and grills for that spectacular smile!

Beemer

• Premium Member

Wow, what an inspirational story...I love it! Many people dream about such things, but very few live out those dreams. Hats off you to my friend!

Enjoy the ride, and welcome to the forum!

:)

- Paulie

Hi Everybody, I hit the road yesterday! I started to post in the ride reports section. Stay tuned and thanks for reading.

Archived