The MT-07 Forum

2nd ride up ACH on the FZ-07 with quick video

asaulo1

So, I've had the FZ for a couple of weeks now and went for a ride with a few of my friends up Angeles Crest Hway (ACH as it's locally known) which is a twisty mtn road well known in bike circles in these parts.  Anyway, we had an Aprilia RSV4, CBR600RR, Ninja 636 and a Ninja 300 in our group.... We started at the backside which has a lot of high speed sweepers and really fast straightaways.  FZ felt really stable on the fast sweepers although I'm still trying to get comfortable on my body position going into the turns.  It's a really different beast as compared to the Ninja which I can just manhandle into the turns hanging off of it.  I've found out that this doesn't necessarily work on the FZ due to it being in a higher riding position than the ninja.  I felt that just moving my weight in to the turn and not so much hanging out was much better/smoother for me.  I've gotten comments from my buddies that were riding behind me that once I got comfortable doing that instead of hanging out, I was geting some pretty nice lean angles into the turns on the FZ.  Anyway, just as anything, the more seat time you have, the more comfortable you are on it and the more fun it gets.. Enjoy the video and pardon the sound... it's just wind noise so just drop the volume... I'll try to put in some music or maybe even some commentary next time... Cheers.

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

just to add, the FZ just has so much torque that I pretty much stuck it in 4th and I was able to negotiate all the turns up ACH in that single gear. If I was on my Ninja 300, I would have to be shifting like a mad man from 2nd all the way to 5th just to keep the same pace.... I was thinking of getting a bit more aggresive on the some of the S turns by going down to 3rd but with the available torque the FZ has, and to think I'm still in the break in (sort of) process, I just stuck it in 4th and forgot about it....

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

Here's another view of the FZ on ACH towards Newcomb's ranch... Noticed that I don't need to hang off as much as on the ninja 300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 Yamaha FZ-07
2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2014 Honda Grom

• Premium Member
howworkclutch

I haven't tried it yet myself.... But the theory is solid:

Drop your inside foot into the corner. That'll move the center of gravity lower and lessen the need to lean. Giving tighter cornering.

Watch the motards and dirt bikers. They do it. They boogie around corners without leaning off the bike.

-HowWorkClutch

Archived