The MT-07 Forum

How are you carrying a PASSENGER HELMET?

bigity

Hi All,

I'm wondering what others are doing for carrying a passenger helmet? I had to use 7 bungee cords the other day to go pick up a classmate. 

Are there any convenient solutions?

Thanks in advance!
Christopher Fox

My passenger's head and if she is off the bike, her hand.

Long gone are the days where I would ride around with a spare helmet hoping to get lucky. Oh wait, no, I never had those days. I was already attached by the time I got my first bike.

Sorry, this didn't help you at all. I knew that when I hit reply.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member

That's no bueno for using while riding though. I don't think it's nearly stout enough.

An aftermarket cable (or I'd get the cable and crimp connectors from a hardware store and make my own) and then a pair of rokstraps would be what I use. Way better than bungee cords.

Everything went braap.

topazsparrow
I believe there is a helmet attach cable under the passenger seat.

There's a what now?

I've looked a few times and noticed no such thing! Can you grab a picture of it for me? Surely I cannot be this retarded as not to see it more than once.

There's a what now? 
I've looked a few times and noticed no such thing! Can you grab a picture of it for me? Surely I cannot be this retarded as not to see it more than once.

So my cable was originally in the tool bag, but it hooks in under the passenger seat. You unhook it from the center hook and pass the cable through the helmet ring and put your seat back on. ccd5f1ef80f8d6cd0be34dbaf11a74f9.jpgf86cfa98fe0b5ee4d750a8e6f2e5de8d.jpg

If you have the american manual look on page 4-17 and it tells you how it do it.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister
There's a what now? 

Details are in the owners manual.

booboobusfz07

I would never trust that cable with a helmet on a ride.
It's either going in a bag or getting bungied to the seat with a cargo net

• Global Moderator
That's no bueno for using while riding though. I don't think it's nearly stout enough.  
An aftermarket cable (or I'd get the cable and crimp connectors from a hardware store and make my own) and then a pair of rokstraps would be what I use. Way better than bungee cords.
It is sturdy enough
but it hangs your helmet against the rear tire.... ask me how i know....

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Thanks for all the replies. I did try the factory lock cable a long time ago and ended up with tire marks on my white helmet.

The bungee cords worked but sucked.

Just checked the rokstraps. Seems like a good option just not sure how to make it hold securely.

And the winner? I use the backpack method today. Not my first choice, but def the best so for. I wish it had a metal tab like almost every other bike....

Archived