The MT-07 Forum

What is considered good brands for brake/clutch levers?

scion719

Depends on what you're looking for as far as price, looks, etc., but CRG, Pazzo, and AST are known brands that I can think of.

A lot of people are also using eBay China replica levers. I myself have been through plenty of different lever brands on different bikes and am currently using the mad hornet (think it's basically the eBay China ones) on the FZ and have had no problems as of yet.

Do a search and read the reviews. You can find what issues people are having not only on the cheaper sets, but also the more pricey ones.

I dont mind paying more for a really good set. I found these on amazon, but the crazy low price makes me want to stay away.

https://www.amazon.com/Short-Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-2014-2016-Black/dp/B019IK1MZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466441672&sr=8-3&keywords=fz07+clutch+lever

$150 for the Pazzo set would be ok if the quality really was a step up from the off brands.

I dont mind paying more for a really good set. I found these on amazon, but the crazy low price makes me want to stay away. 
https://www.amazon.com/Short-Clutch-Levers-Yamaha-2014-2016-Black/dp/B019IK1MZO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1466441672&sr=8-3&keywords=fz07+clutch+lever

$150 for the Pazzo set would be ok if the quality really was a step up from the off brands.

Yeah, just for peace of mind. Even though they might be the same ones as the ones mad hornet sells, I myself would pay a little more so that I would atleast think they're better, but that's just me. Haha.

The Pazzo levers are great. You can definitely tell a difference between those and the cheaper ones. The material feels much stronger and durable.

Cheaper levers are still not bad though. Just make sure to grease them up and don't expect them to be $200 levers.

AlbatrossCafe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Folding-Extending-Brake-Clutch-Levers-For-YAMAHA-MT-07-FZ-7-2014-2015-black-/131444225423?fits=Model%3AFZ07&hash=item1e9aafb58f:g:FlcAAOSwkNZUhCQJ&vxp=mtr 
Chinese/10

Can't go wrong with these. You can get any color you want. Foldable, adjustable, extendable. Good build quality. 10 minute install. $34 shipped. Tons of members are running these levers (including me for almost 10k miles) with no problems. I would never pay over $50 for levers (and certainly not $100-$200 like the CRG-esq brands) when these do perfectly fine for 98% of riders' riding style.

Paying $150 for levers is extreme overkill IMHO. Honestly, I think you can grease up the Chinese ones and expect them to be pretty close to $200 levers. Unless you have 10 years of hardcore racing under your belt you will be very happy with them.

bellissimoto

Don't forget Gilles Tooling make some very nice levers as well, and they sponsor the Yamaha MotoGP team :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

I'm interested in this as well. I would like some short levers but would rather not pay $200 for a set of GRC's but on the other hand the $20 China levers sketch me out just a bit. It would be nice if there was something in the middle price point for say $100 a set or something.

bac75065f0af43fd7c139c00b1eb3555.jpg

Sorry for the small picture, I can go out to the bike later and take a better close-up pic for you if you want of my bars. I'm using the Driven grips. I like the way they look and feel.

dentalprodigy

I just ordered the CNC eBay shorty levers. They were $23.55 shipped. I'll do a follow-up of my initial impressions and report back

I bought these from Amazon only mine are blue but other than that they're identical. I have the feeling what we have here is a ghost company that makes these and sells them to whomever wants to buy them and then they slap their own label on them. They work great though, nice improvement since the clutch engages about halfway out instead of all the way out like they did with the stock clutch levers. I somehow feel like I paid too much now.  :-S  F you China! 
https://www.amazon.com/US-260-Motorcycle-Clutch-Levers-2016-Gray/dp/B00SWTLR08/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1466461366&sr=8-5&keywords=fz07+clutch+lever

Beemer

• Premium Member
Depends on what you're looking for as far as price, looks, etc., but CRG, Pazzo, and AST are known brands that I can think of.
Should also mention the Rizoma levers.

recurveshooter
A friend of mine has some $30 ebay/Chinese levers on his Suzuki and yes, they look nice, and are adjustable, BUT.... they are a very loose fit in the mounting bracket and can be wobbled up and down at least 3/4". I was wondering how the ones that were recommended above fit? Anyone? - recurveshooter

I have the mad hornet levers and would not recommend them. Despite being of seemingly decent build quality they are incredibly loose. They are also impossible to tighten because the nuts are recessed so you can't prevent them from spinning.

I had the cheap Chinese levers on my last bike and they work fine, however they were a little sloppy when they were mounted in the perch. On the FZ07, I decided to try better levers so I went with CRG RC2's which also work well and have a lot less slop when mounted. They were pricey for just levers, but the look/feel is very good and they of course work as intended.

The only other issue I've seen reported from the cheap levers is the discoloration over time.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

bmwpowere36m3

Had eBay levers… they worked, though the brake lever needed a little drilling so as not to cause pad drag. Sold them and splurged on CRG RC2s which I scored for $130 for the set. Definitely come at a premium, but I'm happy. Better overall git, finish and quality. Function wise they are pretty much the same, minus the extra drilling a some sloppiness.

captainfz07

This is where i dont go ebay or chinese, i would get asv or higher than normal quality. These are your bike controls we are talking about out here. I got chinese radiator and resivor guard, but everything with acceleration, handle, and controls i would pay more for a more reputable company with consistent high quality manufacturing.

This is where i dont go ebay or chinese, i would get asv or higher than normal quality. These are your bike controls we are talking about out here. I got chinese radiator and resivor guard, but everything with acceleration, handle, and controls i would pay more for a more reputable company with consistent high quality manufacturing.
I think the same way. I'm going to go with the Pazzos. Do we have an dealers here? 

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Yeah there are a bunch out there as possible prices and quality. I went for the CRG CR2 Shorty (gold) set long ago and I really like them. The only reason I'd change them could be for a "folding" model but other than that they are really nice.

You could also look at Rizoma, Domino, Evotech (currently $143.95 at MotoStarz.com) but I'd suggest you ask @bellissimoto for a quote on the Gilles ones before you make the move!.

Happy shopping!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member

I follow the same sentiment as @captainfz07 . Hence why I went with the Pazzos. 

Purchased mine on Solomotoparts.com.

But you could get them straight from Pazzo

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member
I follow the same sentiment as @captainfz07 . Hence why I went with the Pazzos.  
Purchased mine on Solomotoparts.com.

But you could get them straight from Pazzo

How do you like them?
I'm considering pulling the trigger on a set of Pazzos at some point.

bellissimoto

Well said @captainfz07.  I agree that controls are one of those items I wouldn't skimp on.  That's not to say there aren't other good offerings out there at a cheaper price point, but should anyone decide on the premium brands...I can help you sort it out and get you the best price possible.

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member

I love them. Great quality, fit and feel.

I also purchased them for the bike I got 2 months ago.

Paul aka @bellissimoto is great, so maybe reach out to him and see if he can help you get a deal!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Im very pleased with my CRG rc2 levers (full), a nice build.
I have a bunch of Rizoma on my bike as well and love it all; I find all their stuff to be of the highest quality.

As with anything, you get what you pay for. Some cats here have mentioned the cheap-o ChinE-bay levers binding up but that could simply be user error of tightening up too much during install, I dunno.

I say give the bike what it deserves, spoil it a bit. ;)

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Archived