The MT-07 Forum

Looking to buy an FZ-07 soon

CapnKirk

I am in SW Virginia and have been riding street for 28 years. I currently own/ride the R3. Before that I had a 650 Versys and and Grom. I test rode the FZ-07 yesterday at a local demo day and got to ride a Can-am Spyder and the Polaris Slingshot as well. Those were awesome but saving those 3 wheelers for retirement. I have been looking at the FZ-07 for a couple years since they came out but am finally ready to take the plunge.. Here's the problem... I am looking for the Gray/Yellow and they are scarce around here. If you know of one closer than 4-5 hours drive of Virginia Tech, I would appreciate the heads up!

Ride safe folks and I will be lurking here to see what folks are doing with their rides.

Kirk

Good luck! I just got the armor grey in NJ. They sold my bike by mistake and called almost every dealer on the east coast and no one can get them in that color. Yamaha said they wont be releasing them until late July or August. I would put a deposit down ASAP so when it comes in its yours. They are usually gone before they arrive. I was super lucky to find on 2 states away...

I'm in Charlottesville VA and there are several sound here. I believe Wayne Cycle has one in Waynesboro. 2 hours from you or so. Waynecycle.com I know of some others a little further away if that doesn't work out. Good luck

[video src=https://youtu.be/Ro_QpDJX-Sk]  Be safe! Drive the car to a dealership capn! Good luck!

Scotty, out!

Beemer

Man, its a real bummer what happened to Chekov. He will be missed... Your crew must be in a state of mourning.

Anyway, good luck getting your hands on the color you want. And when you do, post pics and such for instant barrage of likes!

And as a suggestion, if by chance you do not get the color you want, you always have the option of switching out plastics (body plastics will be about 130 bucks total for 3 pieces I think) and getting your wheels powder-coated fluor yellow.  Unless of course all they have is the silver/blue, then nevermind (because the frame is blue as well).

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

I'm in Charlottesville VA and there are several sound here. I believe Wayne Cycle has one in Waynesboro. 2 hours from you or so. Waynecycle.com I know of some others a little further away if that doesn't work out. Good luck
None showing on their website but will call them tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tip! 
I searched for Yahama dealers in Charlottesville and all I see is Jarmans. None showing on their site either. Can you list some names of dealers around you that I could search and call? 

Appreciate the help! 

I just checked today and it's not there now sorry. There is a place in Harrisonburg VA that has one I saw earlier. Forgive me but I don't recall the dealers name

Thanks to cp312, for the assist. Getting ready to pull out on a road trip to pick up my Gray/Yellow FZ-07. Updates this evening!

Wow, what a fun day! My daughter and I hit the road this morning at 6AM. First stop - Waffle House to get some breakfast for the trip. By noon, this bright wheeled fun machine was safely tucked into the garage (less the stupid warning sticker on the tank - it had to go... I didn't want it to feel shamed any longer).

I was really impressed with this dealership. A phone call and a few emails yesterday to Early's Cycle Center in Harrisonburg VA (a family run outfit) and they held my bike for me as I could not get out of town yesterday. They emailed me the bill of sale, certificate of origin and we made the deal over the phone. They serviced it yesterday so I would not have to wait today. As we pulled in ~8:45, the FZ was proudly parked out front. We went inside and introduced ourselves. I met Sammy and his wife Heather who had everything ready. All paperwork was ready to sign except for finalizing the DMV documents/plates. By 9:45 I was loaded up and on the road home. This was after chatting with them for a while. I usually spend 3-4 hours in my local dealership waiting for paperwork and service on a new bike purchase (as they wont prep them until after the sale). Early's hospitality was amazing and I would happily recommend them to anyone and I will check with them first before buying another.

A quick photo snapped during a short pit stop on the way home.

IMG_20160622_120243_zps1njoyupu.jpg

Wow, what a fun day! My daughter and I hit the road this morning at 6AM. First stop - Waffle House to get some breakfast for the trip. By noon, this bright wheeled fun machine was safely tucked into the garage (less the stupid warning sticker on the tank - it had to go... I didn't want it to feel shamed any longer). 
I was really impressed with this dealership. A phone call and a few emails yesterday to Early's Cycle Center in Harrisonburg VA (a family run outfit) and they held my bike for me as I could not get out of town yesterday. They emailed me the bill of sale, certificate of origin and I we made the deal over the phone. They serviced it yesterday so I would not have to wait today. As we pulled in ~8:45, the FZ was proudly parked out front. We went inside and introduced ourselves. I met Sammy and his wife Heather who had everything ready. All paperwork was ready to sign except for finalizing the DMV documents/plates. By 9:45 I was loaded up and on the road home. This was after chatting with them for a while. I usually spend 3-4 hours in my local dealership waiting for paperwork and service on a new bike purchase (as they wont prep them until after the sale). Early's hospitality was amazing and I would happily recommend them to anyone and I will check with them first before buying another.

A quick photo snapped during a short pit stop on the way home.

IMG_20160622_120243_zps1njoyupu.jpg
Grats buddy on getting your fz in the color you wanted.  Nice to see you already made your way here. :D   Your daughter at a riding age?  *hint hint* give her your R3. Haha.

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

Good looking bike buddy! Glad it worked out for you.
Thanks!!! I appreciate the help you provided to me as well. smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

Good looking bike buddy! Glad it worked out for you.
Thanks!!! I appreciate the help you provided to me as well. smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I think I'm sold on this color now... Just need to ride one so I can decide whether or not to wait for the 10...

I think I'm sold on this color now... Just need to ride one so I can decide whether or not to wait for the 10...
Early's is having a demo day (Yamaha Semi Truck) July 1&2. I do not know which bikes they will have. I bet they will have the FZ07, don't know about the 10. They are going to be serving BBQ as well, can't remember what else.  
I just sent them an email requesting details. I should have more tomorrow!

I received more info on the bikes available to demo those days.

SHOW YOUR VALID MOTORCYCLE OPERATOR’S

LICENSE TO RIDE THE FOLLOWING BIKES:

Raider, Stryker, V Star 1300 Deluxe, V Star 950 Tourer,

Bolt R-Spec, Bolt C-Spec, Tenere ES, R6, R3, FZ07,

FZ09, FJRES, FJRA, XSR900

• Premium Member

Congrats! Amazed you were able to get all the paperwork done over email. Nothing like saving time than walking around a dealership for hours.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Global Moderator

Fjres?
Fjra?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Archived