The MT-07 Forum

Any idea what this plastic cap is for?

michaelcly

• Premium Member

I cleaned and lubed my chain and removed the sprocket cover in the process. After putting everything away, I found this plastic piece and I don't know what it's for. It's designed for a press fit. It was loosely stuck by the tail light assembly (i have a fender eliminator).

Does anyone recognize it as a part to the FZ 07?

EDIT: Never mind. DUH ??? . It goes on the stand I used to raise the back wheel. It came off the end of the handle and flew up by the light when I rolled the bike off it. 

2015 FZ07; Yoshimura Exhaust; Yoshimura Fender Eliminator; Shorty levers; Bazzaz EFC, frame sliders, LED signals, Yamaha Comfy Seat, Madstad Windshield.

Well, at least the small details in the macro pics were interesting to look at.  ::)

Beemer

• Global Moderator

this is a fun game !   :D

What is this for? I found it under the hood of my car.

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Thats the adjustment cap for the defibrillator valve. On California bikes only. If you don't have a California bike, then never mind.

That ones a crankcase pressure equalizer ventilation  cap for an 83 Dodge Monaco. If you don't have a Monaco it could be a Le Baron. You don't really need it.

I want to play too.

Does this look like it came off the FZ07?

ldCHuAo.jpg

To be fair, I found it in the general vicinity of 3 motorcycles (well, the fz07 was closest to it) and 1 weight machine.  It might have come from the weight machine but I couldn't find any other screw on it that resembles that.

It has been over a year since I've find this... :D

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

Thats the adjustment cap for the defibrillator valve. On California bikes only. If you don't have a California bike, then never mind. 
That ones a crankcase pressure equalizer ventilation  cap for an 83 Dodge Monaco. If you don't have a Monaco it could be a Le Baron. You don't really need it.
Hehehe . . . .

• Global Moderator
I want to play too. 
Does this look like it came off the FZ07?

ldCHuAo.jpg

To be fair, I found it in the general vicinity of 3 motorcycles (well, the fz07 was closest to it) and 1 weight machine.  It might have come from the weight machine but I couldn't find any other screw on it that resembles that.

It has been over a year since I've find this... :D

Nothing on the 07
probably a fairing bolt
btw thats a helluva lot of loctite

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Guru, yours is clearly a marital aid for munchkins.

Archived