The MT-07 Forum

Does anyone have the cortech super 2.0 24L?

ianvan

I'm debating between the 24l cortech, the 16/18l ( I forget) cortech or the Nelson rigg1060s. My main concern is, is the 24l cortech wayyyy too wide for the fz07 tail section? I know more space is good but I'd like this bag to mostly stay on the bike so I want to avoid any Awkward large bags. Hence why I love the Nelson rigg. I can also get a 24l cortech for a steal right now...Any opinions on those 3 bags specifically with the fz07? Thanks guys!

captainfz07

I just got the cortech contour 2.0, fits sport bike bikes better with a curvy back end like ours. They work great for now might end up buying a Hardshell later on. Here are some pics
20160610_172503_zpsxwcm0uyg.jpg
20160610_192604_zpsyv5ymutn.jpg
IMG_20160610_225533_zpspx8lb276.jpg

They are not perfectly parallel they kind mount at an angle because the take up same shape as tail end, hope this helps

I recently picked up the Nelson Rigg 1060s tailbag and it fits the bike quite well, not too big that it looks gaudy on the bike.

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Here is a pic of the Nelson Rigg 1060s on the bike.

1e31ea4b1773af74049df0343b6b8d26.jpg

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Gosh dang that Nelson looks too sexy. Looks perfect. That's the one I'm getting. Xeon, you can easily fit a face shield in there with it closed right?

I can check it when I get back home tomorrow and let you know, it may be tight but I honestly never tried.

I currently have the Nelson Rigg 1060 and it works great for commuting. I am also considering the cortech contour 2.0 for longer trips. Has anyone fitted both of these bags to their FZ-07 at the same time?

Thanks

Was looking at these as well, was considering the touring version but not sure if that loots too bulky. Really the only reason I was considering that version is because it can fit a helmet and you can lock the bag for extra security.

• Premium Member
I'm debating between the 24l cortech, the 16/18l ( I forget) cortech or the Nelson rigg1060s. My main concern is, is the 24l cortech wayyyy too wide for the fz07 tail section? I know more space is good but I'd like this bag to mostly stay on the bike so I want to avoid any Awkward large bags. Hence why I love the Nelson rigg. I can also get a 24l cortech for a steal right now...Any opinions on those 3 bags specifically with the fz07? Thanks guys!
Take a look at these as well, Shad e-48.  
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-luggage/shad-e48-review/

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

13233143_10207839360600164_7274885284712578952_n_zpsl8qlhlyq.jpg

i have the regular expandable saddle bags (not the contour ones) and the 24L tail bag. I personally like it.

Think you sold me @mrpuss, was going to get the SW Motech. But the Shad E48 is $143.xx cheaper!  I actually like that the Sw is slimmer but for $143 I will happily have the extra cargo space.

Thank you Sir!

• Premium Member

Think you sold me @mrpuss , was going to get the SW Motech. But the Shad E48 is $143.xx cheaper!  I actually like that the Sw is slimmer but for $143 I will happily have the extra cargo space. 
Thank you Sir!
Glad I could be of service. My initial go to was the SWMotech as well, but after seeing/researching these along with the price... ( I havent bought these yet but plan to do so. )

Hope they work out and I haven't steered you wrong.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Gosh dang that Nelson looks too sexy. Looks perfect. That's the one I'm getting. Xeon, you can easily fit a face shield in there with it closed right?
Just to confirm, you can indeed fit a face shield in the 1060s in it's reduced capacity configuration. It fits my Arai shield inside a Revzilla shield bag with no issues.

• 9 months later...

As you have the 1060s I was wondering how often you wish you had gone with the slightly larger 1060ST? I am really confused which i can best be served by - so hearing you get your full face shield Arai in the 1060s makes me happier no matter my choice.

Just to confirm, you can indeed fit a face shield in the 1060s in it's reduced capacity configuration. It fits my Arai shield inside a Revzilla shield bag with no issues.

It all depends on what you want to carry. For me an extra shield and a few bottles of water is all I usually carry around town. I haven't had a need to attempt any longer trips so I'm sure there is a good use case for some of the larger packs.

X

Mr. Puss is spending all my m/c money with his suggestions, I looked at the Shad E48 side bags he recommended and am thinking of getting a set but was wondering if anyone had a picture of them mounted on an FZ-07...thanks

Never mind, I searched and found them from Redstang4.

I have the smaller Nelson and I do like it quite a bit. I feel it fits the bike well and holds quite a bit especially if you expand it. My only complaint is that the thing fades in the sun VERY fast. I tend to keep the rain cover on it just to protect it from the sun. I will say I live in one of the highest UV areas in the US. 7600ft elevation with New Mexico sun beating down on it but after only a couple months I saw quite a bit of fade. Thats when I put the rain cover on it and it has slowed it down but it does make another step to try and get things out of the bag.

Dan

• Premium Member

Went on a 400mi round trip ride two weeks ago. I was able to fit in my 1060s:

-a hoodie
-thermals
-pair of sneakers (we were walking for a bit after)
-thermos
-extra shield
-allen tool
-small flashlight
-tire pressure gauge
-extra vape juice
-wallet
-ibuprofen

I find the 1060s to be extremely useful. Only time I through my soft bags on are for overnight trips.

It's all about keeping that rubber side down.

I've got the Coretech 2.0 24 l. I use it as my daily commuter bag. Extra clothes, lunch, running gear, sometime laptop. I often shop on the way home too. A few times I have had the bag at its absolute limit, and it did stress the zippers out a bit. I even use it when I'm not riding, as I keep standard stuff for my work day in there (like cords and adapters, my building pass etc.) so I don't have to keep switching bags, which inevitably leads to something being forgotten. Could I use a bigger bag? Sure, but mostly that would lead to me carrying around more stuff.

Hey Mr Puss did you order the E48's ive been trying to find them on amazon, but dont see them in stock. If you did order them can you provide a link.  TY 

• Premium Member

@Simbadc650 I havent ordered these yet. I've found them up here in Canada...There might be more places but I havent searched for them for a while now.

https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/motorcycle/luggages-and-accessories/bags/52-l-shad-semi-rigid-saddlebag-e-48

@simbadc650 I havent ordered these yet. I've found them up here in Canada...There might be more places but I havent searched for them for a while now.  
https://www.kimpex.com/en-ca/products/motorcycle/luggages-and-accessories/bags/52-l-shad-semi-rigid-saddlebag-e-48
thanks for the link, i found a few on ebayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzy as well.  might pull the trigger  

Archived