The MT-07 Forum

Riding Game

rotaryryan24

• Global Moderator

I think our fall colors all blew away in the last couple of days :) .  I will have to try and get out tomorrow and see if anything is left. 

Boom! Mural!

I wanna see a mountain range next please! ( I'm in Texas, it's on landscape we don't have 😭)

20211026_114132.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I think our fall colors all blew away in the last couple of days :) .  I will have to try and get out tomorrow and see if anything is left. 

Majority of our trees are just starting to turn here in the middle of Michigan. If fall has pasted in most areas i would second BIGTURBOMAX's call for some mountain ranges. Pretty flat around my area.

• Global Moderator
14 hours ago, C.Overly said:

Majority of our trees are just starting to turn here in the middle of Michigan. If fall has pasted in most areas i would second BIGTURBOMAX's call for some mountain ranges. Pretty flat around my area.

Fall colors still work.  We just had some 50+ mph wind gusts here over the last few days but some trees are still have leaves.  If it gets less blustery I was hoping to get fall colors and mountains.  It will not happen today though. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Global Moderator
1 hour ago, FZWes said:

So this typic is dead...it would have been fun.

It does not need to die, although we have rain forecast for the next forty days and forty nights so I will probably not get out to take any photos for a while.  

As nobody seems to want to post the next challenge with their photos I will just do it for them.  How about by a power generating station (wind turbine, dam, nuclear plant, etc.)

• Like 1

Well its not the best shot but this power house is set back a ways on its property. I might have been able to get a bit closer but i would have to venture down their drive to the plant and security is quick to ask questions.

Above the gas tank you can see two smoke stacks from the coal fired generators at the Karn Weadock Plant in Bay City, Michigan. In the right of the picture is some of the transmission towers leading away from the facility.

We do have a range of PV and Wind farms in our area too. If weather is nice ill try to snap a picture of those too. We have a couple small power generating dams in midland but they recently had failures 

Since weather hear in Michigan is getting chilly, lets keep the game rolling with some sunny beaches.

20211108_125425.thumb.jpg.9a1476849d7115a72925a67f81ccf534.jpg

Edited by C.Overly
  • Like 4

This picture might be a little unsatisfying thanks to the wall blocking the view of the actual sand, but I promise its a beach. It was a little crowded so I had to take what I could get in terms of angles. Photo was taken at Howard Park in Tarpon Springs, FL.

Next lets do a local coffee shop (no Starbucks!).

1162993723_PXL_20211114_193801217-Copy.thumb.jpg.d50a5d5736e57a4d93e10b6585d8c578.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, Kurt said:

This picture might be a little unsatisfying thanks to the wall blocking the view of the actual sand, but I promise its a beach. It was a little crowded so I had to take what I could get in terms of angles. Photo was taken at Howard Park in Tarpon Springs, FL.

Next lets do a local coffee shop (no Starbucks!).

Well Kurt, I see your beach pic and call on the local coffee shop. 

Picture is of a local coffee shop a couple mile down the road from me in Midland, MI. Best dirty Chai in town.

In the spirit of local eateries, I raise to the group a non franchised burger joint. No Applebees or 5 Guys, a mom and pops place only.

20211118_103054.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Local Burger joint.  Good fresh burgers and they also serve a fresh ahi burger that's delicious.  Used to also serve beer on tap, though that has not been available for a while.  Their house lemonade is a decent option in lieu of your standard soft drinks.

Burger.thumb.jpg.dcfde77357628d710e58748a470efd66.jpg

Since it's spring time (ie: the rainy season).  I'd like to see a stream; river; etc.  Basically running water.  Get creative and get out there and ride.  Bonus points if it's raining.

• Like 1

Sac river. It’s not raining but it was foggy as hell. Does that count? 

While we are on the subject of water, let’s see a boat in the picture. 

Side note: That ride was miserable. I rather ride in rain than heavy fog.

FA213482-DD2E-41D6-B5D3-B238330E2D6C.jpeg

Edited by Mt707
  • Like 1

Just now, Mt707 said:

Sac river. It’s not raining but it was foggy as hell. Does that count? 

While we are on the subject of water, let’s see a boat in the picture. 

Side note: That ride was miserable. I rather ride in rain than heavy fog.

FA213482-DD2E-41D6-B5D3-B238330E2D6C.jpeg

Yes - Fog counts - Extra bonus points!

Agreed about riding in fog.  We have a road that crosses the saddle between two very high mountains and it gets foggy regularly and very rapidly.  Years ago it was notorious for people hitting "ghost" cows.  Literally could not see a cow standing in the middle of the road 20ft away.  it's better now with regards to the cows, but the fog is still daunting.  Definitely a tense ride both in cars and moto.  I'm going to give others a chance to jump in on the boat.  I may still see if I can get a pic with one "just in case".  Thanks for playing.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ooh this brings back memories, we used to do this back in the day.

Anyone interested in bringing back an old thread and playing? 

On 9/6/2023 at 9:23 PM, Paulb5950 said:

Ooh this brings back memories, we used to do this back in the day.

Anyone interested in bringing back an old thread and playing? 

I'm interested

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

I forgot about this thread.  Go ahead and start it up again, looks like a boat is the current challenge. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Boat? NICE! any excuse to get out and about is fine with me.

Next, an animal shelter (Like SPCA)... bonus if there is a cute critter in the pic.

Forum.jpg

Forum 1.jpg

• Like 3