The MT-07 Forum

My New Armor Grey FZ07!

motofunfz

Welcome and congrats on your new FZ! Careful where you store your bike overnight, you could wake up one day and be missing your tank sticker!  >:D  (jk) Enjoy, be safe!

Beemer

Welcome and congrats on your new FZ! Careful where you store your bike overnight, you could wake up one day and be missing your tank sticker!  >:D  (jk) Enjoy, be safe!

Lol I'll be sure to take that sticker off and store in a safe place.

Man I need to wash my bike. My rims haven't looked like that since the day I bought it lol. Armor Grey FTW!

• Premium Member

howdy
nice, you just got your bike and have more mods on it than I have on mine!

• Global Moderator

Welcome dude... wanna swap wheels?

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

howdy nice, you just got your bike and have more mods on it than I have on mine!
Ha I bought everything about a month before I bought the bike so it was all ready to go. Lot more mods in the future, just not sure what to do next! Maybe EJK.

The dealer I went to messed up my paperwork and built me the wrong color FZ. There was 1 armor grey in the showroom that had just sold to someone else. They tried to hunt down a new armor grey and the whole East coast of Yamaha dealers cant get them. Yamaha said maybe more in August! I was PISSED!! They ended up finding one 2 states away, called the guy who bought the showroom model (who was nice enough to let me buy it and wait for another one) and I ended up riding it home.
They also gave me a $500 discount and bought me lunch for the mix up. 
It was their fault but I give Motorcycle Mall (Lloyd, Gary and Kim) huge props for their superior customer service. I would highly recommend them.

howdy nice, you just got your bike and have more mods on it than I have on mine!
Ha I bought everything about a month before I bought the bike so it was all ready to go. Lot more mods in the future, just not sure what to do next! Maybe EJK.

From what I've seen from other forum members and from my personal experience of using both the EJK and the ecu reflash from 2WDW, I can confidently recommend getting the reflash over the EJK. The slight cost difference pales in comparison to the added benefits of the reflash. I have many mods on my bike, and I would rank the reflash the highest out of any of them. Just my 2 cents worth.

From what I've seen from other forum members and from my personal experience of using both the EJK and the ecu reflash from 2WDW, I can confidently recommend getting the reflash over the EJK. The slight cost difference pales in comparison to the added benefits of the reflash. I have many mods on my bike, and I would rank the reflash the highest out of any of them. Just my 2 cents worth.
Doesn't the reflash void the warranty? I have a 36 month warranty that I would hate to lose...

Doesn't the reflash void the warranty? I have a 36 month warranty that I would hate to lose...

Oh if you've already paid for the 3 year warranty then it would be best to check what your options are. I was told by my dealership that anything that adjust the fueling in any way voids the warranty. If they are right in this, I would assume that includes the ejk. I would check first.

Guest ChicagoAJ
If you get the reflash you get unlimited flashes. So if something happens, send the ecu to get flashed back to stock and you'll be good to go. That's what I plan on doing as soon as I get my ecu flashed. 

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

How would they know if it was flashed? Of things to fail I would say ecu are pretty low on the list. They can only void warrenty if they can prove that the mod did the damage. If you add a exhaust and get it flashed you are adding fuel which is safer for the bike. It's really better than exhaust and no flash.

Guest ChicagoAJ
How would they know if it was flashed? Of things to fail I would say ecu are pretty low on the list. They can only void warrenty if they can prove that the mod did the damage. If you add a exhaust and get it flashed you are adding fuel which is safer for the bike. It's really better than exhaust and no flash.
A quick check of the ecu would show it's not running Yamaha's tune. Any ecu changes automatically will void the manufacturer's warranty if they want to wash their hands of any claim quickly. 

Archived