The MT-07 Forum

Pattonme?

bmwpowere36m3

bmwpowere36m3

Anyone hear from him?  Starting talking about forks, details, sent money and haven't heard back from him since end of May.

• Premium Member

I recently received my Matris cartridge from him, though it took a while.

In an email to me he apologized that it took so long and also mentioned that he had had some health problems (his back), was busy at his "real" job, and the Matris shipment he received was a bit mixed up.

But he sorted it, and I've received everything I bought from him.

Installed and working great! Thumbs up.

• Global Moderator

Ordered a jri shock through him about 2 weeks ago...
i believe he's abroad for work... @pattonme wouldnt leave us like that

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I believe the low end model of the JRI shock may still has wrong clevis end part to connect to the swingarm when I placed my order way way back in January...I changed it to a matris... he explained to me way way back then on a good weekend when he does majority of the work, he can do up to 5 sets of refits(various thinges effect that amount)...I would highly recommend doing suspension upgrades over the winter time since it's already getting to the point of peak riding season... if you want the stuff quicker your best bet now is to DIY for the forks... rear shock took just over a month to reach my door step after it was found by pattonme to have a wrong clevis end from the factory... overall it took just under 2.5 months to get it all back... I would still do the same thing all overy again...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator
I believe the low end model of the JRI shock may still has wrong clevis end part to connect to the swingarm when I placed my order way way back in January...I changed it to a matris... he explained to me way way back then on a good weekend when he does majority of the work, he can do up to 5 sets of refits(various thinges effect that amount)...I would highly recommend doing suspension upgrades over the winter time since it's already getting to the point of peak riding season... if you want the stuff quicker your best bet now is to DIY for the forks... rear shock took just over a month to reach my door step after it was found by pattonme to have a wrong clevis end from the factory... overall it took just under 2.5 months to get it all back... I would still do the same thing all overy again...
I have his retrofit forks already and have the bike apart because of a low-side

still waiting on replacement parts so i figured i'd use a bit of the insudance money i saved by ordering parts online to purchase the shock

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

Same experience as @piebald. It took 2 months from payment day to receive the product. Took a while but I'm the type of consumer that just doesn't mind for the most part. It's actually still sitting in the garage waiting for install.

bmwpowere36m3

That's unfortunate to hear about his health. I hope all is well. 2 months... hmmm. I guess I should have asked prior to paying to level-set my expectations.

Same experience as @piebald . It took 2 months from payment day to receive the product. Took a while but I'm the type of consumer that just doesn't mind for the most part. It's actually still sitting in the garage waiting for install.
Sort of helps that you have another bike in the stable. ;)

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I also had a long wait for my matris kit but i think moat of that was due to shipping from Italy. Keep in mind that just because he is a supporting vendor here does not mean he does not have a day job. I ran into the same issue when i was a vendor. I could not provide parts as fast as people were ordering them. With a full time job and family its a lot to manage. I think pattonme travels a bit for work as well so weekends are all he has to work. Trust me when I say its hard to do that.

I ordered the matris kit from him as well, and since I'm incredibly impatient I called or emailed him twice a week until it arrived. I can confirm what @wickedtwister said that the majority of the waiting was due to matris mining. I think they had to actually mine the ore for the steel.

potatochips

I had a good experience retrofitting my forks, I want to say he had the forks less than a week, really fast turn around and good communication. I can't say everyone should expect that quick of a turn around, but he told me beforehand he had the time to do it right away. Hope Matt is ok and you get this worked out.

Yea I waited two months for mine.
It rides nice but can't really adjust rebound the screw on left side won't stay in one place. Right side holds its position correctly.
He told me same excuse he was sick.
Took forever for him to get back to me when I had questions but I saw him respond to people on the forum's.
Bad experience but live and learn go with reputable company not unknown random person.
Hope u you get your your order and not get taken.

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

So while it did also 2 months to get mine most of that time was in shipping from Italy. If you order from PJ'S it takes just as long. It's not like he was just sitting on the parts to piss you off. As I said earlier he does work full time and does most of his work on the weekends. So give the guy some slack when he doesn't drop everything he has going on and send you your cartridge kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the Matris order was a bit of a disaster. took 4+weeks just to get here then to do the updates and such.

If you're waiting on Andreani improvement parts, I have the bits, just need to get them out the door.

This spring was a bit of a learning experience - I overbooked and wasn't able to turn things around in a timely fashion. Please forgive me.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

@batscat, I don't seem to have a PM from you. I've PM'd you my contact info. Whatever it is, I'll make it right.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

The left side rebound screw has no resistance so won't hold a setting.
I just leave it wide open.

Archived