The MT-07 Forum

Hey from Houston

chewbakkah

My name is Chewy. I hail from Houston. I just acquired my trusty steed "the 07" (the oh-7) from Houston Motorsports. I purchased her used. She is a 2015 Graphite & Blue FZ-07 with 9700 miles when purchased. She came with a fender delete, led turn signals front and rear, and an aftermarket exhaust. I'm not sure of the brand of the exhaust, but it's not one of the big name ones that I'm familiar with. The 07 is my first bike, and I waited way too long to get her. I feel responsible enough at 33 years old to jump straight to the middle weight class of bikes and have loved it so far. I'm coming up on 400 miles of riding in the last week and have a long ride planned for this weekend.13418960_10100597468490697_4664664596607109827_n.jpg?oh=8370d6c4a421e5b038a557942d28c9f8&oe=580D0C94

I was at $6,400 OTD. I probably should have gotten them down to $6k but really didn't want to hassle with negotiations. It was the only used 07 on the market in Houston at a dealer so I wanted to snag it quickly and quietly.

So far I've had the suspension set as close as I can for my weight (going to have to go with inserts for the forks soon) and had the chain adjusted/cleaned/lubed. I've got a short/dark smoke Puig windscreen on order that I'll be putting on before riding this weekend as well.

Next up will be some protection in the form of sliders in various spots. Where should I start slapping them on first?
Oh also, I'm not fond of the mirrors, so I'll probably go with bar end mirrors eventually.

When you're ready for your mirrors, search the forums for the different types and brands to see what you like. If you're interested in CRG's, just make sure to read up on the CRG bar end mirror issues of how they're changing colors possibly due to heat hitting it. Thought I'd warn you since you live in Houston and more than likely have some pretty warm-hot temps. I live in SF which is cool weather and I just started noticing mine aren't black anymore.

jchin3081 thanks for the heads up, yes we have heat down here that would kill a native SF'er. The wife and I flew into SF to spend a week in Bodega last July, man it was NICE out there. If it weren't for the cost of living it'd be damn near perfect.

Welcome, kinda looks like a Delkivic pipe. How much did u pay OTD price? Thanks
I took a look at it at lunch. The exhaust is a Danmoto Titanium GP Full System exhaust.

• Premium Member

Welcome and congrats!

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Guest ChicagoAJ

That's exactly the type of exhaust I need so I don't blow out my ears with any of the other aftermarket exhaust options around here. I can't stand exhaust that's right next to my head!

Bike looks great, hope you enjoy it and welcome to the forums!

That's exactly the type of exhaust I need so I don't blow out my ears with any of the other aftermarket exhaust options around here. I can't stand exhaust that's right next to my head!  
It may be further back than the short exhausts, but its also WAY louder. So I don't think its going to help your head.

Guest ChicagoAJ
It may be further back than the short exhausts, but its also WAY louder. So I don't think its going to help your head.
Guess I'll never get an exhaust for this bike then, haha.

Just thought you should know that even though my Akra c.f. pipe is closer to my head than his pipe is it isn't so loud that it bothers my head/ears but then again you may be extra sensitive in that way, IDK. It's a shame you can't enjoy a nice sounding aftermarket pipe. 

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ
Just thought you should know that even though my Akra c.f. pipe is closer to my head than his pipe is it isn't so loud that it bothers my head/ears but then again you may be extra sensitive in that way, IDK. It's a shame you can't enjoy a nice sounding aftermarket pipe. 
Yea, I had a Coffman system on my last CBR and it stopped at the same point the exhausts on these bikes do. I couldn't even ride with ear plugs in. I need something like an under-tail that just shoots all the sound straight back. I really don't mind the stock exhaust, though. 

Archived