The MT-07 Forum

Compliments and Mtn Riding.

kawinight

CBF782CD-02E0-4C5D-A4F1-D985525A6A8C.jpg
I made my usual Starbucks stop as I usually do on my way to work. I was about to leave and I noticed this 80ish year old man checking out my bike. Figured he was gonna say something like "be careful" or say something negative about bikes. Instead he says "I like your bike,it looks good,it's nice!". I thought it was awesome! He must of use to ride. Then o nth way home this guy in a box truck says "I like the color scheme of your bike,looks good man". I was pleased! The only bike I ever got random compliments on was the Panigale. Even my CBR1000rr didn't get Compliments from strangers and I have to say I thought it looks pretty good too. Funny thing. I never got compliments on the Kawisakis had either.IMAG0213.jpg

So ive clocked 500 miles so far and have had the bike a week. I've done plenty of commuting (no highway cause break in) and some twiste local back roads. Seems to handle pretty nice and to me is planted in the corners. Haven't started getting off the bike/drag knee yet. But I may this weekend as I'm probably going on a mtn run. Trying to complete the breakin process before I go. Any advice from some of you who drag knee on this bike? Pointers? I'm so used to super sports. Not sure on proper body position on the more upright seated bikes. I hope it plays well in the mtns! It's an important quality I want in a bike.

In a world of neutered cats on their pretty little scooters and dressed out wannabes on their replicas, you stand out as the Lion King on your muscle bike. But, a lion should also roar so Akra carbon fiber.  P-)

Beemer

• Global Moderator
In a world of neutered cats on their pretty little scooters and dressed out wannabes on their replicas, you stand out as the Lion King on your muscle bike. But, a lion should also roar so Akra carbon fiber.  P-)
Screw the akro... just toss a turn down on that thing..
they may ban you from starbucks for being a hooligan... but its well.worth choosing dutchbros

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Btw, the ol' man you spoke of may not only HAVE ridden but may STILL ride. I'm pushing 70 (most younger people over-estimate older ones ages) and do... I'm far from alone, even here, hehehehe!!!

Btw, the ol' man you spoke of may not only HAVE ridden but may STILL ride. I'm pushing 70 (most younger people over-estimate older ones ages) and do... I'm far from alone, even here, hehehehe!!! 

Good point!

Archived