The MT-07 Forum

Venom stands

motofunfz

When I bought mine from Amazon, I bought them as a front and rear set. The front was the triple tree but they also included the rubber coated rocker arm attachments that go under the forks in the event you don't want to use the triple tree. The triple tree peg inserts (idk the exact part name) that were included fit in the triple tree hole of the bike, but the base of the headlight bottoms out on the arm of the stand and therefore, makes it unusable. There is one specific for Fz-07's on Revzilla, but idk if it'll be a direct fit on the Venom stands.

Turns out the pipe used for a shower head is the correct size to make a sleeve:

shower_arm_pipes.jpg

I happened to have one left over from a new shower diverter kit.  Swapped it with an old one that had tarnished over time.  Cut it to length and cross drilled for a 5/32" roll pin.  A washer with 17mm ID would work as well.

dsc00002.jpg

dsc00003.jpg

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Guest ChicagoAJ
So I ordered those tonight.  Is there another piece I should look at ordering that you guys mentioned?  If I were ever to add spools will these work?  I don't plan on it, just wondering.  They look like they will work great for what I need. 

When I bought mine from Amazon, I bought them as a front and rear set. The front was the triple tree but they also included the rubber coated rocker arm attachments that go under the forks in the event you don't want to use the triple tree. The triple tree peg inserts (idk the exact part name) that were included fit in the triple tree hole of the bike, but the base of the headlight bottoms out on the arm of the stand and therefore, makes it unusable. There is one specific for Fz-07's on Revzilla, but idk if it'll be a direct fit on the Venom stands.

As for the rear stand, It's the same stand regardless if you ordered the spool or swingarm attachments. You could always order the spool attachment later and it'd be a direct fit. Other than my triple tree issue, I have zero complaints about the Venom quality.
Other members here have said to take out the two headlight housing bolts to allow the headlight housing to move a bit upward to accommodate the triple tree lift. Others have said to simply put a towel on the triple tree arm so the headlight can rest on that. It shouldn't put enough pressure on the headlight housing to break anything, the whole headlight assembly is pretty flimsy and will move around enough to makes the Venom triple tree lift work. 
@jbone - if you're not using the triple tree attachment and want to get rid of it, I'll buy it off you assuming you have all the parts and correct pins. I really don't want to spend $56 bucks on it.

@ornery - That's way too much work for what is needed. Now Venom has two different pin size kits available. People with FZ-07s just need to get the correct pin size kit and everything will work fine. 

Nice to know Venom has the correct pin now. (Pin Kit [HASH]2) When I got my Venom stands, they didn't include a 21mm pin. Pitbull wanted $12.95 plus more than $5.00 shipping. So, free materials and fifteen minutes work VS $20 and a week wait. It's one option...

Speaking of saving on shipping, might as well buy the Rear Spool Lift Attachments at the same time.  Quicker than the paddles when you don't need to lift by the swingarm.

— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Other members here have said to take out the two headlight housing bolts to allow the headlight housing to move a bit upward to accommodate the triple tree lift. Others have said to simply put a towel on the triple tree arm so the headlight can rest on that. It shouldn't put enough pressure on the headlight housing to break anything, the whole headlight assembly is pretty flimsy and will move around enough to makes the Venom triple tree lift work. 
@jbone - if you're not using the triple tree attachment and want to get rid of it, I'll buy it off you assuming you have all the parts and correct pins. I really don't want to spend $56 bucks on it.

Not looking to sell the TT attachment as long as I can get the correct pin. These were the pins that came with my Venom stand kit . Apparently the [HASH]2 pin kit is the correct one, but which pin of that group is the right one? If the "correct" pin still puts even moderate pressure on the headlight, then I wont even waste my money. I was wondering if the TT attachments had different head tube angles but I couldn't find anything on it. Hopefully I'm just a moron with the wrong pin.

The 21mm pin should do the job for you. The shoulder in the middle will keep it from going too deep. You could get the largest pin in your current kit (19mm) to work, by putting a pin (or bolt) through it. It will be a little sloppy in the bore, but should work fine.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Not looking to sell the TT attachment as long as I can get the correct pin. These were the pins that came with my Venom stand kit . Apparently the [HASH]2 pin kit is the correct one, but which pin of that group is the right one? If the "correct" pin still puts even moderate pressure on the headlight, then I wont even waste my money. I was wondering if the TT attachments had different head tube angles but I couldn't find anything on it. Hopefully I'm just a moron with the wrong pin.
21mm pin is what you want. I believe it's in the Venom #2 pin kit. Aside from swapping pins, that's the only thing that you can do, just take off the top headlight assembly bolts and you're good to go. 

• Premium Member

Received the venom stands a couple days ago. Seem really solid, though I couldn't get the rear stand lined up correctly. I think I'm going to put a 2 by 4 under the kickstand to get the bike more vertical. The other issue is the pads are too narrow. I have them both on past the 2nd pin with the springs still in. Do I just push the spring in more and tighten the locking bolt? Or remove the spring?

Thanks for your help.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Received the venom stands a couple days ago. Seem really solid, though I couldn't get the rear stand lined up correctly. I think I'm going to put a 2 by 4 under the kickstand to get the bike more vertical. The other issue is the pads are too narrow. I have them both on past the 2nd pin with the springs still in. Do I just push the spring in more and tighten the locking bolt? Or remove the spring? 
Thanks for your help.
Leave the springs, it takes some getting used to. I have both brackets on the rear stand at the furthest possible hole configuration. Then I get the stand under the chain side of the swing arm and use by body/hip to push the bike by the tail/pillion seat to get everything lined up. Once you get both pads under the swing arm you can balance the bike there and adjust the stand until you're comfortable the bike is level enough.  
I use these stands for winter storage and I've never had a problem with them.

Archived