The MT-07 Forum

Venom stands

motofunfz

• Premium Member

They are fine. I use them for storage and maintenance. I would advise getting the front triple tree stand instead of the front fork stand. It's more sturdy and easier to use for more applications

• Global Moderator
They are fine. I use them for storage and maintenance. I would advise getting the front triple tree stand instead of the front fork stand. It's more sturdy and easier to use for more applications
+1 to this
I have the venom front and rear stands
i had the welder at work beef up the welds on the supports... but otherwise not bad

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 4 weeks later...

im really considering these. i have maintenance/ cleaning coming up. would rather do it myself. im hesitant whether to get these or those damn pitbulls, which are a kick in my groins (hurt now than keep hurting later?). Amazon reviews got me in a pit...

im really considering these. i have maintenance/ cleaning coming up. would rather do it myself. im hesitant whether to get these or those damn pitbulls, which are a kick in my groins (hurt now than keep hurting later?). Amazon reviews got me in a pit...
I have two sets of those damn pit bull stands. Purchased them years ago when I first bought my Kawasaki Versys and a second set when I had two bikes. Not to say anything bad about a cheaper stand, but when my bikes are on the PB stands, I can climb on and off the bike while raised and they are rock solid. One mishap from an entry level stand and you will have to fix your bike and upgrade your stands. It is easier to invest one time up front for good equipment. 
Pit bull stands will outlast all of your remaining bikes. I have no doubt that my stands will be around longer than me.

BTW, I have the forward handle rear stand and the traditional rear handle. I always grab the forward handle first. It is really this easy.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHkDtS9we0]

Edit added 7/17/2016:

The forward handle rear stand above does not work well with the Gilles Spools Adapters shown below:

MT-07_AXB_zpsuu9irhkz.jpg
The spools are too far back and the forward handle stand hits the rear tire before reaching the spool. When I extended the fingers of the stand all the way out, I could not get the leverage to lift the bike. The normal pit bull rear stand lifts the bike quite easily (I have both).

The forward handle rear stand will work fine if you lift with the pads (not spools).

• Premium Member

I'm all for quality gear, but the world will not end if you use the venom stands. They are quite fine.

I roll mine around the shop on stands and have done plenty of maintenance on mine. Have the 07 on venom stands right now with the rear wheel and front sprocket off.

Regardless of what stands you use though, secondary support is a good idea so I keep blocks under the oil pan.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

Pit Bull Stands are the best but the Venom's do a find job. I use them for winter storage and working on the bike.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

I just bought the venom triple tree stand with the PN2 pin kit, that's the one with 20-21-23-25-27mm pins I believe. Either the 20 or 21mm will work on -07 and it seems to be sturdy enough and should last my lifetime with a little care.

Thanks gents. Im about quality too but my utensils dont need to be gold plated silver. I ordered the venoms. Just being cost effective w.o risking saftey. Savings go towards fund an akro exh foundation.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

I'm pretty new to this, only have had the bike since June.  Could someone point me in the right direction on what exactly I need to order.   I plan on going with the Venom stands and save some cash.   They will be fine for what I need them for.  I remember reading something about spools?  Apologies for the "newbie" questions.

Thanks guys.

• Premium Member
I'm pretty new to this, only have had the bike since June.  Could someone point me in the right direction on what exactly I need to order.   I plan on going with the Venom stands and save some cash.   They will be fine for what I need them for.  I remember reading something about spools?  Apologies for the "newbie" questions. 
Thanks guys.
Wanted to follow up.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'd prefer not to have to clean and lube the chain on just the side stand. 
Thanks,

Thanks guys.
Wanted to follow up.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'd prefer not to have to clean and lube the chain on just the side stand. 
Thanks,

I have the rear axle sliders/spools from oes accessories and they function perfectly with the venom rear stand. I have a head lift stand for the front end so I can't say how the other style functions. I love the head lift stand.

Guest ChicagoAJ

Get these!!! For 103 bucks you're getting the equivalent of 3 stands: front fork stand, triple tree stand, and swingarm stand that will lift nearly any motorcycle with a double sided swingarm. These are what I use for maintenance and winter storage and they work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Rear-Headlift-Dual-Lift-Stand-For-Yamaha-FZ-07-/152199721567?hash=item236fcf725f:g:BakAAOSwHoFXrkLG&vxp=mtr

• Premium Member
Get these!!! For 103 bucks you're getting the equivalent of 3 stands: front fork stand, triple tree stand, and swingarm stand that will lift nearly any motorcycle with a double sided swingarm. These are what I use for maintenance and winter storage and they work great.  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Rear-Headlift-Dual-Lift-Stand-For-Yamaha-FZ-07-/152199721567?hash=item236fcf725f:g:BakAAOSwHoFXrkLG&vxp=mtr
@chicagoAJ Do I need spools?  They work well for you?  $103 bucks seems like a great deal

Guest ChicagoAJ
@chicagoaj Do I need spools?  They work well for you?  $103 bucks seems like a great deal
No spools necessary. The rear stand has a rubber coated L shaped bracket that just rests under the swingarm. I love these stands, I wouldn't spend over what that kit costs on one pitbull stand, it's just not necessary. I've used these stands on 3 bikes: two smaller CC Honda sport bikes and the FZ-07. These stands worked for every bike, no issues at all. If you're unsure of how to use them, just watch a quick YouTube video before trying it for yourself the first time. 

• Premium Member

Awesome, will purchase tonight.  For the minor work / maintenance I do these will work perfect.  Appreciate the help.

Guest ChicagoAJ
Awesome, will purchase tonight.  For the minor work / maintenance I do these will work perfect.  Appreciate the help.
You'll be able to do some pretty in depth work with these stands. 

@chicagoAJ Do I need spools?  They work well for you?  $103 bucks seems like a great deal

With those you would not need spools.

• Premium Member

Yeah the Venom stands are not the best quality but they work well for me. Use them all the time for mods and maintenance. I'm going to pick up the triple tree head lift attachment for mine soon. It's included already on the one you're looking at.

The link ChicagoAJ sent you is well worth the price.

:: '15 Pearl White FZ-07 - OES Frame/Fork/Swingarm Sliders - Motodynamic LED Tail - Yoshimura Fender Eliminator - RIDEIT Levers - Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Exhaust - Seat Concepts - Evotech Radiator Guard & Pillion Kit - TechSpec Grip - Cyclops H4 LED - LED Turn Signals - Progrip 699s - R6 Throttle Tube - K&N Filters - SM M1 Handlebars - EPFA Pads - Gilles Rearsets - 2WDW ECU Flash - CRG Arrows - Forks By Matt Cartridges - K-tech Razor-R Shock - GoCruise Throttle Lock::

Guest ChicagoAJ
Yeah the Venom stands are not the best quality but they work well for me. Use them all the time for mods and maintenance. I'm going to pick up the triple tree head lift attachment for mine soon. It's included already on the one you're looking at. 
I wish I would've bought that kit when I got the stands originally. I think I paid like $35 bucks for the Venom fork stand, crazy they charge $55 bucks for the triple tree attachment. I'll have spent about $140 on everything, but it's still far cheaper than pitbull stuff. 

• Premium Member
I wish I would've bought that kit when I got the stands originally. I think I paid like $35 bucks for the Venom fork stand, crazy they charge $55 bucks for the triple tree attachment. I'll have spent about $140 on everything, but it's still far cheaper than pitbull stuff. 
So I ordered those tonight.  Is there another piece I should look at ordering that you guys mentioned?  If I were ever to add spools will these work?  I don't plan on it, just wondering.  They look like they will work great for what I need. 

So I ordered those tonight.  Is there another piece I should look at ordering that you guys mentioned?  If I were ever to add spools will these work?  I don't plan on it, just wondering.  They look like they will work great for what I need. 

When I bought mine from Amazon, I bought them as a front and rear set. The front was the triple tree but they also included the rubber coated rocker arm attachments that go under the forks in the event you don't want to use the triple tree. The triple tree peg inserts (idk the exact part name) that were included fit in the triple tree hole of the bike, but the base of the headlight bottoms out on the arm of the stand and therefore, makes it unusable. There is one specific for Fz-07's on Revzilla, but idk if it'll be a direct fit on the Venom stands.

As for the rear stand, It's the same stand regardless if you ordered the spool or swingarm attachments. You could always order the spool attachment later and it'd be a direct fit. Other than my triple tree issue, I have zero complaints about the Venom quality.

I have the venom triple tree stand and I think it works great. I also have a T-Rex rear swing arm stand I got like 6 years ago that has never failed me, but it looks deformed now. I used both to take my forks off and left it overnight only to find my bike on the ground after the 2nd night :(

Sighh, I'm pretty sure it was the rear that caused the bike to fall.. I was able to get my bike upright and on jack stands under my frame sliders. But now I need to figure a way to get the bike high enough to be able to get the forks back on. I'm thinking of jacking it up by the headers or else drilling some anchors to my garage ceiling and using ratchet straps.

Archived