The MT-07 Forum

FYI Front fender

hnesbit

SO on my home Friday and heard a different noise from the front of my bike and was not sure what it could be. I had decided it was my key fob for my garage door. Sunday while washing the bike I noticed the front fender was loose. After washing I looked at the fender more thoroughly and found the problem. If you look in between the wheel and the fender there are 4, I'm guessing stainless, bolts 2 on each side. Well they were so loose that 1 is missing. I took the remaining 3 out applied blue Loctite and tightened them up tight with a 6mm wrench. Has anyone else had or heard of this before? I only have 700 miles on the bike for reference.

Guest ChicagoAJ
SO on my home Friday and heard a different noise from the front of my bike and was not sure what it could be. I had decided it was my key fob for my garage door. Sunday while washing the bike I noticed the front fender was loose. After washing I looked at the fender more thoroughly and found the problem. If you look in between the wheel and the fender there are 4, I'm guessing stainless, bolts 2 on each side. Well they were so loose that 1 is missing. I took the remaining 3 out applied blue Loctite and tightened them up tight with a 6mm wrench. Has anyone else had or heard of this before? I only have 700 miles on the bike for reference.
Was it a rattle? I get a pretty loud rattle between 4-6k on my bike and the only thing I can think of is my radiator guard (the double stick tape used to cushion it blew out one day and I never added it again). I've checked just about every nut and bolt I could find but never thought to check the front fender. I'll have to check in a bit and see if perhaps that's my issue. 

thats a first for me, i even have my bike cover sagging on the front fender when im being lazy, and still has not popped off. Ill double check mine now, thanks for the heads up!

Was it a rattle? I get a pretty loud rattle between 4-6k on my bike and the only thing I can think of is my radiator guard (the double stick tape used to cushion it blew out one day and I never added it again). I've checked just about every nut and bolt I could find but never thought to check the front fender. I'll have to check in a bit and see if perhaps that's my issue. 
It was a rattle but I don't remember hearing it at a specific RPM range. It was the seams or cracks in the road where I noticed it. Mostly at slower speeds <35. 

Archived