The MT-07 Forum

Port Renfrew-Cowichan Loop (British Columbia)

Burley

Very cool to do the Port Renfrew-Cowichan loop yesterday with some riding friends from work.  On the first anniversary of getting my MC license too!

Port Renfew-Cowichan Loop

• Premium Member

Man, Vic is my hometown, I'd give almost anything to be riding the island regularly, my road trip to that beautiful place, it's become a constant daily daydream. Edmonton AB is dull and depressing in comparison. :'( One drab highway after another that seemingly stretches out to nowhere. Hours to get anywhere even remotely pleasant, endless jackass 'squids' zipping around in city traffic...It's kinda F'n Drags-ville.

You've really got it good, so enjoy it well comrade!

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

I'm jealous. I'm sure that would be some awesome riding there.

@ Mr.Puss  "One drab highway after another"

Just like Florida! I feel your pain.  :'(   A friend in Indiana told me he was going to have some real fun and do what he used to do as a kid. (not suggesting you do it to battle the blues but wouldn't stand in your way either ;) ) He said he was going to buy a Taco Mini Bike, fix it up all bad-ass and ride like a demon on the back, county roads just so the "County Brownies" or sheriff's will give chase. That was one of our favorite pass times as kids, they never caught us and it was always a rush & feeling of accomplishment. (Jr. Law Breakers, lol!) He probably doesn't mean it at his age but I'm sure he truly is bored just for the fact he thought of doing that. I think we've all been there. Are there any good dirt bike trails around where you live? A dirt bike can be a lot of fun, too. None here so I bought a kayak awhile back to fill the void. Awesome on the water!

Beemer

Yeah it was a great ride -- a 280 km day. Not long but a great journey. A bit challenging in places for my first time around. Some of the riding surface is pretty patchy in places and when they warn you to slow down, they do so for good reasons. I plan to ride it again within the month.

• Premium Member

Im going to have to try that next time over on the island. At the beginning of the month I did a ride up the sunshine coast, over to comox and did the gold river ride. The island is such a beautiful place to ride!

I did the route clockwise. The guys I rode with say that's the preferred route for them anyways The part from Sooke to Port Renfrew can be a little gnarly so it was good to get that over early. Also, the northbound lane is generally in better shape than the southbound lane in that section. That said, I'll probably take a run at it the other direction at some point.

Archived