The MT-07 Forum

Grom owners post up!!

kawinight

• Global Moderator
I was curious how many of you also have Groms? Thinking about Purchasing a 2017 grom as a second bike.
Dont do it....

get a '15 instead :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I've never owned a Honda... but I am waiting on these things to get filthy cheap so I can get one for the cheapest commuter bike ever.

• Global Moderator

I saw two Honda Ruckus trikes today riding with two regular Ruckuses. Florida is an odd place.

I was curious how many of you also have Groms? Thinking about Purchasing a 2017 grom as a second bike.
Dont do it....  

get a '15 instead :P

None anywhere close private sell. The dealers around here havn't dropped prices even though they're over a year old.

I saw two Honda Ruckus trikes today riding with two regular Ruckuses. Florida is an odd place.

Odd, but I'm sure they had fun as a group.

Get the new Kawasaki. Supposed to be a great option.

Long story short not a fan of Kawasaki based on my manufacture experience last time I owned one. Ignore my username... It was easy for me to remember. Haha

• Global Moderator
Odd, but I'm sure they had fun as a group.
I am sure that they were having a blast. I kinda want a Ruckus, but not a trike version. 

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Have all my love, time & money on my loved FZ and I'm pretty sure she won't be happy if I start "sharing" the love nor my wallet so not getting any other bike in the near future

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator
Have all my love, time & money on my loved FZ and I'm pretty sure she won't be happy if I start "sharing" the love nor my wallet so not getting any other bike in the near future 
- Pancho
I'm in the same boat... or i would certainly have an fjr1300 as well

but a grom? Really?
theyre just 125cc kid bikes
with a bit more power

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Get the new Kawasaki. Supposed to be a great option.
Long story short not a fan of Kawasaki based on my manufacture experience last time I owned one. Ignore my username... It was easy for me to remember. Haha
I would gladly buy you a hamburger Tuesday, for a story about your Kawasaki manufacturing experience, today!

Beemer

Motorboat McGoat

I'm sorry it's the funniest thing to see some dude who's 6' + riding a grom. The proportions are so good. :D

Fearedbynone

my friend had a grom, sold it and got an fz-07. its a death machine lol. enough power to get you in trouble, but not out of it. hard racing modded one and talked about how garbage the stock parts are in the video.

Dave

I would gladly buy you a hamburger Tuesday, for a story about your Kawasaki manufacturing experience, today!

Maybe Starbucks instead, lol (yes I'm addicted). But I'm not typing it all down. Too long a story.

Seems the FZ-07 club is not a fan of Groms...? I guess because the FZ-07 is a larger version of this.

To each their own. I think the grom has a great following aftermarket wise. I think they're pretty cool little bikes and would work well for some hooliganism and a little local riding here and there. Maybe even a good bike for my wife to learn/have some fun on or to teach my kids when they're a little older. Just some of my thoughts. Don't worry the FZ isn't going anywhere.

my friend had a grom, sold it and got an fz-07. its a death machine lol. enough power to get you in trouble, but not out of it. hard racing modded one and talked about how garbage the stock parts are in the video. 
Dave

My wife wants one, but they don't seem safe enough for use on the road anywhere but in town, and even then I feel like they are too low to be seen.

I bought a Grom last winter for my off-season riding. I love it. Other bikes may come and go but the little Grom will stay.

I used to have a blast riding my little 74" Yamaha DT100 back in the day and this wouldn't be much different except it's a four stroke and more expensive. Fun wise, a Grom would be hard to beat. You can be a hooligan and still stay under the speed limit in town. Plus, you wouldn't be spending much in gas for all that fun. In the early stages of buying a bike, just before I bought my FZ, I was originally thinking of just getting a bike to ride just for fun around town and was contemplating getting a Suzuki DR200S which would've been a really fun bike to have. It's capable of off road riding as well but when I got to thinking about maybe wanting to ride to other towns (I knew I would want to occasionally) it just didn't offer enough h.p. and in walked Mr. Bad-ass FZ-07 to steal the show. If I could have a Grom also I surely would. It would be perfect for riding on the golf cart path for kicks and getting negative points and curse words thrown at me. I would be the Sun City Scourge!  P-)  Aaargh!

Beemer

Fearedbynone

they are great for around town riding, like groceries etc. buddies topped out at 58ish on a good day. i almost bought one, then started the research. found out it would cost a bunch of cash to make it a decently reliable bike. decided to spend the extra upfront and got a cb500f. then i was going to get one as a second play bike, to ride with my buddy. then he went and got an fz-07, so instead of buying the grom, i used that money to trade up to the fz-07 myself. so glad i did.

i personally didnt like riding it. felt way too vulnerable and slow. dont let me talk you out of buying one, do your research and then decide for yourself. i highly recommend hard racing long term review and mods video. lots of scary parts got replaced.

Dave

they are great for around town riding, like groceries etc. buddies topped out at 58ish on a good day. i almost bought one, then started the research. found out it would cost a bunch of cash to make it a decently reliable bike. decided to spend the extra upfront and got a cb500f. then i was going to get one as a second play bike, to ride with my buddy. then he went and got an fz-07, so instead of buying the grom, i used that money to trade up to the fz-07 myself. so glad i did. 
i personally didnt like riding it. felt way too vulnerable and slow. dont let me talk you out of buying one, do your research and then decide for yourself. i highly recommend hard racing long term review and mods video. lots of scary parts got replaced.

Dave

I'll check it out. Hard Racing is here in North Carolina. Moors evilly I think.

Archived