The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha comfort seat

jrhoyt84

I recommend talking to someone at a local upholstery shop. You may be surprised at what they can do cheaper than big name companies. Mine used gel in mine and it's way more comfortable for much longer. 

Beemer

I own the comfort seat @jrhoyt84. I have to say it is comfier than the stock seat but not by much. The quality and look of it is top notch, but in terms of comfort it's more stabilizing than comforting. It's slightly softer than stock but the material it has grips your butt way better. It tends to break in better with the mold of your back end and keeps you planted in seat. I went for the yamaha comfort seat because it's an easy replacement to our Stock seats. The Corbin and other companies may make a more plush seat, but it's crazy expensive or only a cover over our stock seat. I like that the yamaha is still firm enough for harder riding in the canyons

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

I own the comfort seat @jrhoyt84. I have to say it is comfier than the stock seat but not by much. The quality and look of it is top notch, but in terms of comfort it's more stabilizing than comforting. It's slightly softer than stock but the material it has grips your butt way better. It tends to break in better with the mold of your back end and keeps you planted in seat. I went for the yamaha comfort seat because it's an easy replacement to our Stock seats. The Corbin and other companies may make a more plush seat, but it's crazy expensive or only a cover over our stock seat. I like that the yamaha is still firm enough for harder riding in the canyons

I'm looking for the best comfort. Where I live there is no canyons, or anything like that. Just lots of long boring roads. Might look into seeing what a custom shop can do if people say the Yamaha seat isn't much of an improvement.

Yeppp if that's the case then def find a diff option than the "comfort" seat lol @jrhoyt84

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

Suspension upgrades is the only solution I found...I hated the stock seat after a few weeks...ordered comfort seat...much better improvement but really didn't get comfortable till I upgraded my suspension... I ride up to 8hr at a time...no complaints...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Archived