The MT-07 Forum

LED Turn Signals

howlinhoss

Hey all I can't take the massive turn signals one more day. I am trying to get some ideas of some LED signals you all are using. If anyone has a pic share and a link to the lights that would be much appreciated.

I am using the Yamaha accessory LED signals part # YME-W0789-00-00. As mentioned in the thread here, you will lose the running light feature and the signals will flash faster, but that can be resolved via an electronic flasher relay that will replace your original.

The advantage of using the Yamaha originals is that they come with "cover plates" (LED signals have round mounts, the signals that came with the bike are teardrop) and additional bullet connectors that you will need to use, as the connectors are different - so you don't need any extra parts to make it look finished.

Rizoma strikes me as having the same (or better) kind of level of detail and they have a wide selection of turn signals.

• Premium Member

Just ordered these from amazon. Can't go wrong with $8 for 4 signals and I have never had a problem with these chinese made signals on all my bikes.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM4QY3O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[/img]

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Amazon and eBay are the to spots to look.
A ton of photo's also but most of the cheap kits are 2 wire so you'll have to make a decision on what feature you want it to run unless you know how to trick it

"It takes an idiot to do cool things; that's why it's cool" - FLCL

I just ordered Rizoma all the way around. Will post pics once the install is done. Hard to beat the quality of Rizoma.
I am sure those are real nice. Do the front LEDs come with a 3rd wire for day running lights? I am still looking for some nice LEDs to go all the way around but the fronts need to have the third wire for DRL.

• Premium Member
I just ordered Rizoma all the way around. Will post pics once the install is done. Hard to beat the quality of Rizoma.
I am sure those are real nice. Do the front LEDs come with a 3rd wire for day running lights? I am still looking for some nice LEDs to go all the way around but the fronts need to have the third wire for DRL.
For the price they better.

missourifz07
Which ones? 

MarylandFZ07
howlinhoss,

I have an extra pair of LEDs turn signals (brand new). the same ones I installed on my bike. I can show them to you in silver spring tonight after work if you are interested. I'll let them go for cheap  8-)

• Premium Member

For those of you who have put "universal" turn signals on, how did the front go on considering there is a hole left over from the stock signals?

Am I the only person running DRLs on the front LEDs?

Howlinhoss here are the links for the guy I got my LEDs and tail tidy from.
http://stores.ebay.com/customizedbikeparts
And
Here is his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Customizedbikeparts

Quality is awesome. I am trying to get him to become a supporting vendor because I am very impressed with the quality of his work and lights he uses

Am I the only person running DRLs on the front LEDs? 
Howlinhoss here are the links for the guy I got my LEDs and tail tidy from.
http://stores.ebay.com/customizedbikeparts
And
Here is his Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Customizedbikeparts

Quality is awesome. I am trying to get him to become a supporting vendor because I am very impressed with the quality of his work and lights he uses
Bike has DRL in front so I am gonna utilize them with the LEDs I buy. Thanks for the link. I actually contacted the seller earlier to get all 4 LEDs.

Which ones?

I ordered the Avio 21's for the front and the Action ' s for the rear. They have an adapter wire that matches their signals directly to your factory plug. So yes the running light still works and you don't have to splice a single wire to do it. I'll post pics when they're installed.

• Premium Member

Wow those are some ugly turn signals. I don't mean any offense to you or your bike but they just don't flow.

Wow those are some ugly turn signals. I don't mean any offense to you or your bike but they just don't flow.

That reminds me of the Ricky Bobby "With all due respect"

If I was the kinda guy that got offended it would be hard not to from that.

I see you drive a Nissan Titan. Very ugly truck. Just saying ;)

I happen to like the signals. The quality of Rizoma's craftsmanship is half the appeal to me.

• Premium Member

I'm not making any comments about the bike in general, just the turn signals, could I have said it differently, sure.

Let me rephrase it for you, I personally don't like those turn signals as I don't feel like they flow very well with the bike at all, especially for what they cost each. I'm sure they are well made though, at least I would hope they were.

If I were going Rizoma I would have gone with the Action turn signals, all the way around.

I'm a really big fan of these Kellermann signals. All metal housing, and fits the street fighter angles.
http://www.motostarz.com/filter-by-bike/yamaha/fz-07-mt-07/kellermann-micro-rhombus-2-led-dark-indicator-each.html

About as pricey as most Rizomas though.

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

Here's the front one's. IMG_20140822_10174_edit_1408717077356_zpsqntczj0m.jpg

Still waiting on Tail Tidy to do rear ones.
Did you hook up the DRL wire?

I bought these. Amazing! for a knockoff. I'll post pics and vids tomrrow in dail light and night. They are super bright.

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=281282834748&alt=web

And, not trying to rain on your parade, but those ones he sells are terrible. They look really cool when off and should be legal, but they are not the least bit bright. I had them on my last bike.

• Global Moderator
Here's the front one's.....

I don't mind them. They look different.

It's good that not all people have the same taste. Imagine a world where everything looks the same. (puke)

Archived