The MT-07 Forum

Throttle body adjustment

gomeybear

Hello all just a quick question so I finished the throttle body adjustment job thanks to the help of many forum members, my only concern was that when I was doing the adjustment the check engine light stayed on the whole time.  I followed the procedure of using a tee on the left hand side of the bike so I did it by the book so to speak.

Guest Ralph

If you got things right it should not be on, did you
make sure the starter button returned to it's on position
they do stick and if starting the bike wile standing at
the side of it maybe it did not fully return.

I've seen the videos of the guy with his homemade manometer adjusting his throttle bodies, and I adjusted my throttle bodies myself, too. I was talking to the dealership I bought my fz from and the salesman got almost mad that I adjusted them, said it's all computerized and you shouldn't need to ever adjust them. I don't know if he's quite correct there, though. Was your check engine light on before you adjusted TBs or after you started adjusting them?

Guest Ralph

Both owners book and service manual call for adjustment at every service not that I will bother,
he probably thought you were talking about tickover speed or just did not know what he was talking about.

So it turned off when I finished the job it was only during the job the the check engine light was on.  Is that still not normal?

So I am thinking that it may be that I am using dissimilar plastic tubing one of the tubes is more of a rubbery flexible plastic (the one that houses the ATF fluid) and the other is more like a thick straw which is less flexible.  My thinking is that the suction pressure is not being able to cause a seal in the system because of the less flexible plastic tubing.  I just purchased more tubing on amazon that is alot more of the flexible plastic.  We will see how it works out.

Archived