The MT-07 Forum

I need help!!!

maalna2

So here's how the deal went down.
First I bitched and moaned about how slow my vintage "Dragon Tattoo" replica and step though scooter was.
Then I ragged on the 16 MPG the Tacoma got, (she likes when I get environmentally responsible).
Finally I started whining about how I am taking so many shifts at work that life is starting to loose its meaning, (all women want to pick up babies when they cry).
So I set the hook, and she bit. I asked she would understand if one day I might get another fast street bike... and then immediately started talking about how the ZX12R had scared the hell out of me and how stupid it was to ride in traffic. I knew I had her, she said she understood how I missed the excitement. When she took her daughter and granddaughter on a little vacation I bought the FZ07. Before I told her I said, "remember you said you understood how I needed some excitement in my life?"
Done deal, dudes!

• Global Moderator

Here's how it went: I said to my wife that I was planning on buying a bike. She said "are you sure?" I said "yes" and I went out and bought a FZ-07. :)

I had more of a challenge with my first bike. Wife was set on me getting a used bike this time. Only looked at one, a 2009 Yamaha FZ6. I was set on the FZ so that's what I got too.

• Premium Member
Here's how it went: I said to my wife that I was planning on buying a bike. She said "are you sure?" I said "yes" and I went out and bought a FZ-07. :)

Basically how it went for me. Once I mentioned 58 mpg she seemed more excited than I was. (Enviromental science major)

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

What she doesn't know won't hurt her. ;)

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

The best advice I've seen here is to retake the msf class, this time with her. She will probably find out for herself how much fun it is and get the fever. Or at least realize that it can be made "safer" with proper training and gear. If not, you could start with a dirt bike if she's afraid of traffic killing you. You might really like that and when the kids get old enough, get them their own little dirt bikes and teach them to ride. Most things in life are a gamble; you never know if you might slip in the shower and hit your head! If you really, really, really want to ride, you should. You just may have to start small and work up slowly.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Convince your wife? That's a piece of cake compared to convincing your mom at my age! (puke) Just thinking about the year long arguments and fights and screaming and convincing it took me to win my mom over finally, i don't even want to think about all that, makes me feel sick bleh :-S

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

Just buy it man she will get over it after you take her for a ride haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just buy it man she will get over it after you take her for a ride haha.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Take her for a ride"  
3pi6r1.jpg

"Shoot? I'm a hippie. The only thing I've shot is acid. I heard of a dude snorted it once. Thought his nose was a kangaroo and the moon was a dog! WOOH!" - The Truth (GTA San Andreas)

In my opine it's all about compromise. And a little bit of the headstrong attitude that she will get over it. She will. And if it ends the marriage it was doomed from the start. Let her know if the shoe were on the other foot, you would support her in something she is passionate about.

It took me 14 years of constantly bugging and pleading to finally get the blessing to buy one. Im glad though I got the blessing because I dont ever want to lie about something like that. plus, this is the best bike I have seen that is totally perfect for me anyway :)

Someone here said what happened to all the men? That's a very good question, and the answer is, there is no more men.
Your significant other not letting you buy a motorcycle it's like telling a firefighter to not enter a house because it's on fire. I know it's not a perfect example but same analogy.
I am a machinist, and work with electrical, laser, plazma, etc that are dangerous fields, and motorcycle is the same thing.
I know it may sound very very dumb and selfish of me, but I am only going to die once, and if that happens to be while riding, even better cus I left this life doing something I enjoyed...

My two cents

Ok, time for this thread to go bye bye before it goes further south and potential female members get offended an choose not to join us.

It was a good topic, but some of the responses are a lil out there. It's now locked an will fade away to bye bye land.

Archived