The MT-07 Forum

Givi TankLock System and XS307 Tank Bag

biggaudi

• Premium Member

So as the title stated this is all about some awesome Givi products that my lovely lady was gracious enough to donate for my birthday.

20f56ed31a364592948d215b57eb8252.jpg5059b7c6b288eb9b995aaac406ed6742.jpg

The tanklock system works great with its quick attach and release mechanism, is easy to install, and feels solid. I personally think it's low profile and doesn't hurt the aesthetics of the bike. Here is a specific link for our bike.
Givi BF21 Tanklock Tank Bag Fitting Kit - Yamaha FZ-07 MT-07 (14-16) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SKMF96U/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_TW4wxbJ6AQ6DZ

d6fd6db4b6091ffad4b14d0d5c2f71cb.jpg1dee305699b4e2165c8337ef5b8f3223.jpg79c5da19d660f6b762fa59995a122de9.jpg

The XS307 tank bag is solid construction! Feels like quality. 15L space that can be expanded by unzipping the bottom, which why not leave it that way IMO. Spot on top to put your map and electronic device as well as slots to run cables to charge devices. Two external side pockets for small items and documents. Internal waterproof liner/pouch. A high lighter green waterproof cover comes with it too that you can easily throw on in a pinch (that also has a transparent window on the top to see your map or whatever).

GIVI XS307 Xstream Range Tank Bag XS307 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CCE8FJU/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_V94wxbA85HVHY

And a revzilla video review with other Tanklock products

So yeah, I think it's awesome. I usually carry some documents, my tire repair kit, and my waterproof over coat and pants in it. Any other questions or concerns about my experience with the product just let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

The adaptor/bracket can be found on Amazon or other sites too. Let me know if you need a link.

Watched the video, is that really how you pronounce Givi? Makes me question what the correct pronunciation of Gif is. My whole world is falling apart.

• Premium Member

Looks very convenient, but in the interest of full disclosure, I actually ordered an XS308 with that bracket and ended up sending it back.
I had seen pictures of other applications of the tank ring mount, and it was just that: an extra ring over the top of you gas cap mounting bracket, so that's what I expected. When it arrived, I was shocked at the size of the mounting bracket with the "tank ring" actually sitting in back of the filler cap mounts. Well, probably due to my initial expectations... it kinda burned my eyes.
If they could come up with either: A) a removable non-magnetic mounting system, or B) a much less obtrusive mounting system, I'd be all over it, but for now, I'll just have to fit what I can in my tailbag and backpack and carry less stuff. :(

Why can't left turners see us?

chademinent
Looks very convenient, but in the interest of full disclosure, I actually ordered an XS308 with that bracket and ended up sending it back. I had seen pictures of other applications of the tank ring mount, and it was just that: an extra ring over the top of you gas cap mounting bracket, so that's what I expected. When it arrived, I was shocked at the size of the mounting bracket with the "tank ring" actually sitting in back of the filler cap mounts. Well, probably due to my initial expectations... it kinda burned my eyes.
If they could come up with either: A) a removable non-magnetic mounting system, or B) a much less obtrusive mounting system, I'd be all over it, but for now, I'll just have to fit what I can in my tailbag and backpack and carry less stuff. :(

SW Motech and Hepco & Becker both have options for the 07.  The H & B is a magnetic one. 

• Premium Member
Looks very convenient, but in the interest of full disclosure, I actually ordered an XS308 with that bracket and ended up sending it back. I had seen pictures of other applications of the tank ring mount, and it was just that: an extra ring over the top of you gas cap mounting bracket, so that's what I expected. When it arrived, I was shocked at the size of the mounting bracket with the "tank ring" actually sitting in back of the filler cap mounts. Well, probably due to my initial expectations... it kinda burned my eyes.

SW Motech and Hepco & Becker both have options for the 07.  The H & B is a magnetic one. 

I've seen the SW Motech solution and it has the same "second tank ring" mounting that the Givi does.  I wish there was a cleaner "solid mount" solution. 

Why can't left turners see us?

chademinent

I've seen the SW Motech solution and it has the same "second tank ring" mounting that the Givi does.  I wish there was a cleaner "solid mount" solution.
You wont find one, especially since you want a larger bag.  The 07 tank is just too odd shaped and too plastic to do anything else.  

Archived