The MT-07 Forum

Rob's FZ-07 - Blurple's Gold Lining

logiks

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Just for your reference, I also have the PCV + Yoshi CF but I had a DNA Air Filter and lid. The feedback, input and results I got with the DNA seems to be the best combo so maybe give it a look too. I got them on ebay and the links for your reference are below: 
I still haven't been able to take Dark-Y to a dyno run for a custom map so I'm currently using the map available at PCV website for the Akra+DNA filter & lid (22-065-008) that you can find here:

Whenever I have a chance to take it to a dyno I will share my custom map and if you could do the same that would be awesome.

Keep up the work bud! :)

- Pancho
Wow, awesome Pancho! I was debating between both K&N and DNA filters as well and wasn't sure about which would perform better. Additionally, I also plan to get mine properly dyno'd once I get suspension parts in (not till later this year) so I can have a shop owner do it all at once. I don't even want to attempt to mess with installing and dialing in suspension parts. Thanks for finding them less expensive on ebay too! $180 without shipping costs and directly from their site seemed expensive to me. :P 
Regarding the maps, yes lets definitely share once we get them tuned! I am currently using Dynopower's default Yoshimura map and still get a bit of popping (much less than before) when loosening up the throttle.

Yeah I hear ya... I got an autotune that I have to install yet too so whenever I have that "autotune" map updated I will share it with you too. Pretty sure that should help while we get the custom dyno one. :P

And about the mod list I have all the things that I have done to her in a spreadsheet at home (wish list too) so I can share that if you want (or maybe just update my Dark-Y post with that info it that's helpful to anyone) Keep in touch!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

babisstinson
The Bonamici Rearsets look really sleek and nice! Where did you order them from?
I purchased them directly through MotoDRacing who is a vendor for Bonamici. MotoD make some pretty sweet CNC accessories as well. They import the rearsets from Italy, so it's been taking some time for them to get to me. So fars it's been 3 weeks but I called and it sounds like I may receive them next week.  www.motodracing.com

Thanks for the answer, I will email them ;)

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Wow, awesome Pancho! I was debating between both K&N and DNA filters as well and wasn't sure about which would perform better. Additionally, I also plan to get mine properly dyno'd once I get suspension parts in (not till later this year) so I can have a shop owner do it all at once. I don't even want to attempt to mess with installing and dialing in suspension parts. Thanks for finding them less expensive on ebay too! $180 without shipping costs and directly from their site seemed expensive to me. :P 
Regarding the maps, yes lets definitely share once we get them tuned! I am currently using Dynopower's default Yoshimura map and still get a bit of popping (much less than before) when loosening up the throttle.

Yeah I hear ya... I got an autotune that I have to install yet too so whenever I have that "autotune" map updated I will share it with you too. Pretty sure that should help while we get the custom dyno one. :P 
And about the mod list I have all the things that I have done to her in a spreadsheet at home (wish list too) so I can share that if you want (or maybe just update my Dark-Y post with that info it that's helpful to anyone) Keep in touch!

- Pancho
@logiks Updated my thread with Dark-Y mods and wish lists so you can check it out. Also added some new pics!

http://www.fz07.org/thread/4766/chilean-rider-dark-love-story

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

@babisstinson no problem!

@chademinent yo I saw this! It looks awesome man. Hell of a job and way to be different. My only desire is for a larger bulb to "fit" the bike a bit more, which is more to why I like the design (not necessary the standard bulb they used) JVB put together. It's tough to gauge sometimes and I love seeing what you and many others have done (dual headlights n all that). It's great to see them come to life and how much the owner likes or dislikes their end result. Keep building, man!

@panchobullet Awesome I'll check it out!

So while waiting for the radiator guard to come in, I decided to take action on the other part of my plan to paint the radiator itself black. While I've read on several moto forums and myth busters on the effect it may or may not have, I said screw it and went ahead with the project. Along with that, I had a few more parts come in and some additional ideas that I thought may achieve the look I am going for. At this point, it's a primarily naked and industrial from mid to bottom, and sporty up top. 

Here are the updates:
-Painted Radiator Black - I discovered it is bent and most likely due to previous owner's drop. 
-Removed Radiator Guards
-Removed Front Wheel Reflectors
-Removed Side Fender Panels (silver part). Since I will not be adding any blue to the bike, the idea here is to show off the frame as much as possible to let the natural blurple do it's thing. This is also in "trial"
-Reorganized/rewired brake-side and PCV cabling to behind frame
-Removed Cable Organizer bracket from right side
-Installed T-Rex Case Savers - For the money, I think these are best looking (just my opinion though). Yoshimura's are sexy as hell but pretty sure I wont pay $350 for it. Trying the T-Rex's out for now.

And now for some phooootos

Rad1_zpseyjdbful.jpg

Rad2_zpsojuxnsv9.jpg

Rad3_zpskeguwmsy.jpg

FZ-1Left_zpszojno2kt.jpg

FZ-2Right_zpsqchicg3a.jpg

FZ-3Front_zpsijkhzzub.jpg

FZ-4Rear_zps40gkoe1g.jpg

FZ-5Radiator1_zps3wah6oxk.jpg

FZ-5Radiator2_zps6cc2qucq.jpg

Have you looked at motodynamics for a headlight kit? They do a full 7" LED [span]    [/span][span]    [/span]
Yeah I've seen Motodynamics headlight conversions. They are not a bad option by any means. Personally however, I feel the 7" looks too large on the FZ and the mounting is fairly basic. Not to mention it's very expensive ($500-$900 depending on the bulb style if I am not mistaken). The JVB headlight assembly (unpainted) and standard bulb will run you $450 + shipping. In a nutshell, it's more my style too. 

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I know it's been MONTHS since I posted. But here how she's looking as of today.

Added:
-Bonamici Rearsets - Gold
-Ended up with Amazon Drag bars - Black
-Gold Fork Covers - Ebay
-Rizoma Pegs for Pillion - Gold
-Rizoma Spool Covers - Gold
-Rizoma Gas Cap with Key - Black/Red (not photo-ed)
-Magahzi Round Mirrors - Gold (Not sure if I like these. May sell them)
-Leon Radiator Cover - Black
-Footstand Plate - Black
-Continued with keeping the Radiator Side Covers and the bike's side fairing (that coves the frame) off.

In the Future:
-DPM Warrior Frame Sliders
-DID 525 Chain - Gold (no 520 conversion for me)
-Ohlins Rear Shock (Winter Time)
-Mattrixx Front Forks (Winter Time)
-Most likely different Mirrors

IMG_20160819_160417_zpsolqij0v7.jpg

IMG_20160819_160637_zpslniuuunt.jpg

IMG_20160819_160451_zpsmf9qyqzn.jpg

IMG_20160819_160440sm_zpsiqtuzw7n.jpg

IMG_20160819_132739_zpsej6k8nep.jpg

IMG_20160819_1603522_zpsflu2ykbu.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yo fellas!

Just recently I switched out the mirrors for the tomahawk looking ones on Amazon. They match much better to the angler design of the bike. Round mirrors go with round headlights. I realized this going in but I wanted to give it a shot anyway,

Added Cyclops LED. Looks so much brighter and clearer at night!
Added radiator "07" radiator reservoir cover with gold stripe.
Coming in the mail are the DPM Warrior frame sliders! Can't wait to put them on. :)

FZ-Left_zpspc5cbkzl.jpg 

FZ-Front_zpsn1p4wesc.jpg

FZ-Center_zpsug6ymmjm.jpg

FZ-RRight_zps26qnbfpo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey man big fan of the bike and all the mods you've done, looks sharp. Currently saving up right now to get a red Fz 07 and was wondering how you like those rear sets you purchased? How much more aggressive does it get as far as foot position?

Archived