The MT-07 Forum

Rukka airman review

motocr

I decided to be a Guinea pig and buy the rukka airman jacket. Rukka gear is pretty expensive but from what I've read and found online it seems to be one or the better brands of gear. This particular jacket is its lower end simmer jacket. Lower end being $429 US.

My initial impressions:

For fit the armor is huge and will take some getting used to and breaking in to get it sitting right. Arms are perfect and height fits me spot on. My one gripe on fit is the crotch strap meant for keeping the jacket down when not paired with riding pants as it just feels wierd to me.

Armor: these things are huge and will hopefully break in and fit better as they kinda spray out at the moment making them fit weirdly mainly in the shoulders. I am confident they would protect well in a crash!

Airflow: this thing flows soo much air I feel like I'm wearing mesh or nothing and it's completely opaque which is interesting supposedly knitted fabric or some sort but it works! I was skeptical and will have to ride more in the jacket to test out different Temps and speeds. (trip planned this weekend)

Any questions on the jacket feel free to ask! I will be updating as I get more time in the jacket but the 30 minutes Todau in 88 degrees felt 1000x better than they did in my a* tp jaws wp jacket.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hoping this was supposed to be 'summer,' "...lower end simmer jacket." If not I'll remember for winter. ;-) Thanks for your impressions.

• Premium Member

picked up a pair of there gloves.... I like them but a bit bulky https://www.amazon.com/Rukka-Motorcycle-Ceres-Glove-Black/dp/B00V28IA2O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466638795&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=rukka+gloves+gortex

Have not used them in the rain but the quality is exceptional
 Holey smokes look at the price of that thing ......that is a nice jacket

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

picked up a pair of there gloves.... I like them but a bit bulky https://www.amazon.com/Rukka-Motorcycle-Ceres-Glove-Black/dp/B00V28IA2O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1466638795&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=rukka+gloves+gortex 
Have not used them in the rain but the quality is exceptional
 Holey smokes look at the price of that thing ......that is a nice jacket

Honestly I have road about 500 miles and it was worth it.I don't dread the hear anymore have road in 110 degree 80 percent humidity and felt fine as long as I was moving of course. It was expensive but definitely got the build quality to match the regular airman is 899.

• 4 weeks later...
I decided to be a Guinea pig and buy the rukka airman jacket. Rukka gear is pretty expensive but from what I've read and found online it seems to be one or the better brands of gear. This particular jacket is its lower end simmer jacket. Lower end being $429 US.  
My initial impressions:

For fit the armor is huge and will take some getting used to and breaking in to get it sitting right. Arms are perfect and height fits me spot on. My one gripe on fit is the crotch strap meant for keeping the jacket down when not paired with riding pants as it just feels wierd to me.

Armor: these things are huge and will hopefully break in and fit better as they kinda spray out at the moment making them fit weirdly mainly in the shoulders. I am confident they would protect well in a crash!

Airflow: this thing flows soo much air I feel like I'm wearing mesh or nothing and it's completely opaque which is interesting supposedly knitted fabric or some sort but it works! I was skeptical and will have to ride more in the jacket to test out different Temps and speeds. (trip planned this weekend)

Any questions on the jacket feel free to ask! I will be updating as I get more time in the jacket but the 30 minutes Todau in 88 degrees felt 1000x better than they did in my a* tp jaws wp jacket.

Yes it is expensive. I ride in PNW so i had to invest and didnt want to gamble on something id have to replace. I have the flexius jacket, armass pants, and argosaurus gloves. So far the quality is great. They work really well for my riding

Archived