The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 MIVV Exhuast

2wheeldynoworks

babisstinson

Hi guys, thank you for the Dyno!

I am looking for an exhaust an thinking about getting the Mivv Speed Edge low mount:
Y.044.LRB
http://www.mivv.it/risorse/8/856/1180/Yamaha_%20MT07_14-_%2073Y044LRB_$21.jpg
http://www.mivv.it/risorse/8/856/1180/Yamaha_%20MT07_14-_%2073Y044LRB_$01.jpg

Is this the one you used for the dyno?

How do you find the quality of the exhaust? I know it is significantly cheaper than Akrapovic, Termignoni, Arrow, Zard, etc (main reason I am thinking of getting the Mivv instead of the others), but is the quality so much worse than them?

Is a reflash of the ECU necessary to achieve that Power+Torque figures, or these are without a reflash? I have a DNA Air Filter installed as well.

I just ordered a Mivv Speed Edge (same model mentioned above) from Italy. Once it arrives here and I get it installed I'll be sending the ECU off to you guys. Thanks for the post - it made my decision for me.

2wheeldynoworks
I just ordered a Mivv Speed Edge (same model mentioned above) from Italy. Once it arrives here and I get it installed I'll be sending the ECU off to you guys. Thanks for the post - it made my decision for me.
that's why we're here! glad to help :)

• Premium Member
@Fusbal...will you let me know how you like the Mivv Speed Edge once you get in installed.  I've been looking at that one for a while now.  I think it looks great on FZ-07. 
Thanks

@fusbal ...will you let me know how you like the Mivv Speed Edge once you get in installed.  I've been looking at that one for a while now.  I think it looks great on FZ-07. 
Thanks
Sure will.  It still hasn't been delivered yet - the perils of ordering direct from Italy.

• 2 weeks later...

@hawkizeTg4U2Hk.jpgpzWrtCi.jpgOOg6tDw.jpgDelivered Friday, installed Saturday.

I've installed it w/the DB killer in. Needless to say, it's a night and day improvement over stock. It may be my imagination, or my brain reacting to the sweet new sound underneath me, but the bike runs noticeably smoother with the new exhaust. It looks great too, in my opinion.

Payment sent to 2wdw, and ECU to follow this week.  I'll follow up once I get the ECU back and give it a ride.

Super easy. The exhaust springs were the hardest part, but Mivv includes a handy little tool in the box with the exhaust to install the springs, so even that part wasn't difficult.

Remove the mountings for the footpegs/brake/shifter and it's a piece of cake.

• 2 months later...

I've got probably 1,500 miles on it post-ECU flash and Mivv exhaust, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's great; smooth, loose, powerful, and the exhaust has a very clean note. I love it.

2wheeldynoworks
I've got probably 1,500 miles on it post-ECU flash and Mivv exhaust, and I wouldn't change a thing. It's great; smooth, loose, powerful, and the exhaust has a very clean note. I love it.
 Sounds good!

Archived