The MT-07 Forum

Which bar end mirrors to get?

dentalprodigy

dentalprodigy

Hi everyone, I'm interested in getting bar end mirrors but not sure which ones would be compatible with my aftermarket handlebars. Currently I only have the left side mirror and don't have space for the right side mirror.

My bike has the clubman machine handlebars. I have attached the bar end shot for context.

https://goo.gl/photos/EH9NTaC5p3VGTuFSA

I'm a big fan of CRG Arrow mirrors

I've got a set of replicas that I'll sell you for cheap if you want them, might need some re-threading though

I'm a big fan of CRG Arrow mirrors 
I've got a set of replicas that I'll sell you for cheap if you want them, might need some re-threading though

I'm really happy with my Arrows.

Have CRG lanesplitters on my ride. Love them and their function!

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member

I just picked up my bike from the shop. I had a pair of Rizoma SPY-R 80 Mirrors put on. I love them!!

dentalprodigy

Thanks for all the replies. I'm leaning towards the CRG mirrors. Will report back once I order & install them.

I used to like CRG. I mean, I own 2 of their products, but then I saw 2 forum members have those faded brown arrows.

So I compared my older CRG product to the newer one and I notice the old one is brownish black, while the new one is black. That's such a POS.  No more CRG products for me. 

I would go Rizoma since they powder coat their stuff but a lot of their stuff is a hassle to install as they don't have ready-to-install adapters. Some of them do, but the ones I was interested in is handle bar space install only.

No cheapie ebay mirrors for me.  Seen way too many posts here where they show off their ebay mirrors, proclaim they like it, then a few months later they have to spend more money on real mirrors.

So eh. We need a new premium bar end mirror company that makes ready-to-install products that don't easily get sun faded.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Global Moderator
I used to like CRG. I mean, I own 2 of their products, but then I saw 2 forum members have those faded brown arrows. 
So I compared my older CRG product to the newer one and I notice the old one is brownish black, while the new one is black. That's such a POS.  No more CRG products for me. 

I would go Rizoma since they powder coat their stuff but a lot of their stuff is a hassle to install as they don't have ready-to-install adapters. Some of them do, but the ones I was interested in is handle bar space install only.

No cheapie ebay mirrors for me.  Seen way too many posts here where they show off their ebay mirrors, proclaim they like it, then a few months later they have to spend more money on real mirrors.

So eh. We need a new premium bar end mirror company that makes ready-to-install products that don't easily get sun faded.
Oberron and napoleon make decent mirrors
not the best, but not ebay quality

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/

http://naps-moto.com.au/products/list.php?maker_id=3

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

I love my CRG Lane Splitters, but on Friday I think I did notice some fade, and I'm not happy about that.  Where can I get bar end mirrors like that (bar end folding) with better anodizing? 

Why can't left turners see us?

I love my CRG Lane Splitters, but on Friday I think I did notice some fade, and I'm not happy about that.  Where can I get bar end mirrors like that (bar end folding) with better anodizing?
Plastidip? Or I wonder if anyone ever got a hold of crg and asked for a replacement?

Have a question. Even though the bar end mirrors use convex glass, if you were to adjust them so that you can see vehicles coming up behind you in your lane will you still be able to see vehicles close to you in the next lane over? My standard mount/glass mirrors don't allow both and even though I like their looks/where they mount better, the need to see more is stronger. Those Moto-Elite's are tempting at that price. (thank you sorkyah)

Beemer

• Premium Member
Have a question. Even though the bar end mirrors use convex glass, if you were to adjust them so that you can see vehicles coming up behind you in your lane will you still be able to see vehicles close to you in the next lane over? My standard mount/glass mirrors don't allow both and even though I like their looks/where they mount better, the need to see more is stronger. Those Moto-Elite's are tempting at that price. (thank you sorkyah)
I have my CRGs adjusted so I can see directly behind me from both sides, and I get a side view that shows cars until they are right beside me.  I still do a head check for lane changes mostly out of habit.  The images are smaller than stock, but the field of view is very good. 

I'll try and take pics for you today. But yeah, I can see behind me and to the side of me.

I'll try and take pics for you today. But yeah, I can see behind me and to the side of me.
You don't have to do that. I trust what you say is true, although pics would be a plus.

Beemer

You don't have to do that. I trust what you say is true, although pics would be a plus.
Too late. Already took them.

First pic is what's actually behind me.

f730a0e6f147228e6c13e31b43b7043a.jpg

Left mirror

51c4c9889285d34d2d0f32455a5e3963.jpg

Right mirror

0d46b486041b7fc3fb915e7bd92caa61.jpg

Not sure if that actually helped or not lol

• Premium Member
Too late. Already took them. 
First pic is what's actually behind me.

Left mirror

51c4c9889285d34d2d0f32455a5e3963.jpg

Right mirror

0d46b486041b7fc3fb915e7bd92caa61.jpg

Not sure if that actually helped or not lol

I think that does a good job of showing that you can see the white car from both mirrors, so the behind works, and you can see the car beside you in the right mirror, so the beside works.  Nice! 

caliesv

Awesome, great pics (excellent job!) ... and mirrors! The images in them don't appear too small but just right. Something like this is what everyone should have. Not sure what brand I'll go with but I'm certain I will get some convex mirrors of some brand soon after I punish my eyes for hours researching. A big thanks to everyone for their input!

Beemer

caliesv 
Awesome, great pics (excellent job!) ... and mirrors! The images in them don't appear too small but just right. Something like this is what everyone should have. Not sure what brand I'll go with but I'm certain I will get some convex mirrors of some brand soon after I punish my eyes for hours researching. A big thanks to everyone for their input!
I was skeptical of bar ends. I really bought them just for looks, but after I rode with them, I was highly impressed! Of course there is no substitute for a head check, but these, to me are by far much better than stock type mirrors. Good luck with your choices. Keep us posted!

Archived