The MT-07 Forum

Someone decided they wanted me in the hospital tonight.

fzguider

I was wondering when it would happen this way, today was that day. I was out riding with my buddy (him following on his Harley) just cruisin nice and easy 35-45
0 mph, and the next thing I know I'm hard on the brakes but it was too late . That guy was looking clear in the opposite direction of me as he pulls out. Police called, he was cited and clearly at fault .
I just had x-Rays done
My neck is sprained according to my paperwork (I know it hurts lol) .
I was wearing full armor /gear
I'm really hoping insurance pays for my aftermarket stuff that was on it. And hospital bills. And all my gear that's gonna have to be replaced: Helmet, glasses, armor head to toe, backpack, gloves, pants, jacket, riding shoes, etc.
According to my counsel the car driver's insurance should pay for all of it.
It's the best weather all season and I'm gonna be out a motorcycle until insurance either fixes (fat chance) or totals the bike so I can get a new one.
FZ-09?
R6?

[ul type=disc][*]Glad you're not badly hurt![*]Did you go over, under, or straight into him? (Your body, not the bike.)
[*]In hind sight, would you do anything different?
[*]His insurance should pay for the bike & all your gear, no problem.
[*]The problem is getting them to pay all the medical.  They'll want you to sign off before all treatment is complete.
[*]See if their insurance would pay for a rental bike until it's sorted.  If not, your insurance company.[*]Who is your insurance carrier?
[/ul]

“The real cycle you're working on is a cycle called yourself.”
— Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values)

Sorry about your unfortunate meeting with a dumb cager but glad you're still with us and not hurt bad. When that happened to me it took a month before I saw a new bike but as ornery said, try to get a rental out of the other or your insurance company. Your insurance company should handle it either way, they have the lawyers that won't be ignored and it is their job to try. 

Beemer

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Could have been worse, glad your somewhat ok. 

• Premium Member

Good to hear you're OK. Wish you a speedy recovery and that you're back on two wheels soon!

• Premium Member
panchobullet

That sucks but I'm glad you are ok bud... bike, parts, gear, all that can be replaced but life cannot. Hope to "see" you out there soon!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Global Moderator

Good to hear you're mostly alright...
get better and get another fizzy... we'll be waiting for ya

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I hope you have medical insurance. I haven't even finished rehab or got all of the medical bills and they are already at $175k plus a $35k helicopter ride. His insurance and my insurance aren't even half of just the medical bills

Glad you're alright. Luckily your speeds were relatively low.

Archived