The MT-07 Forum

guy flips FZ07 during a demo ride

i28

• Premium Member

Found his video of a guy flipping an FZ-07 during a demo ride. Crash is around 14:00 
Looks like he wasn't experienced enough and didn't know about the power band of the bike. poor guy

Yep I saw this a lil while ago too lol. Don't let that be you bro! @i2837856393

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

I remember watching this when I was deciding on what bike I wanted to get, was painful to watch. He revs the crap out of the bike then dumps the clutch, he was lucky though I think they let him just walk away without having to pay for damages.

Simbadc650

Yea I Saw this before my bike like serval times, like what not to do when I get it!!

I saw it before too, watched it a bit closer. He was shifting it like a sport bike, even looked like he hit the redline a couple times. Way more torque than he was used to. He did not look confident and almost seemed like a new rider. Thank God he didn't get on the F-zero-9.

• Premium Member

Jim talked fast. No wonder he couldn't pay attention. :) I had a feeling this guy wasn't very experienced within 30 seconds of the ride starting. Listening to the bike bounce off the rev limiter was painful to hear.
On a serious(ish) note, where was the sweep rider when this went down (no pun intended)? Was that the 2nd group that went by after the crash? That must've sucked to be out there by yourself and not knowing WTF was going to happen. You could tell the adrenaline was pumping, and not just from pushing it out of the street.

- Andy

• Premium Member

Found his video of a guy flipping an FZ-07 during a demo ride. Crash is around 14:00 
Looks like he wasn't experienced enough and didn't know about the power band of the bike. poor guy
Do they have like a national demo days blacklist directory or something. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Premium Member

Did they really let me just walk away?

Do they only take your info in case you decide to ride off with the bike?

It all came down to inexperience/education.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Yup, you don't red-line the torque monster unless you know what your doing.

Did they really let me just walk away?  
Do they only take your info in case you decide to ride off with the bike?

It all came down to inexperience/education.

Looks like he stalled it cause the guy in front him had a hiccup. You can tell he gets real ancy trying to restart it. Gets it started and revs the piss out of it and dumps the clutch. I think he just freaked cause he stalled it and everyone else was way ahead. Got ancy and nervous.

He probably doesn't need to be on the 600rr either. I noticed he was riding it like a SS, over revving the bike and bouncing off the rev limiter.

• 1 month later...
He probably doesn't need to be on the 600rr either. I noticed he was riding it like a SS, over revving the bike and bouncing off the rev limiter.
To be fair the limiter is there for a reason. There is no harm in bouncing it off of it.

The only real thing, particularly for the FZ07 is why? The peak power band is well before that.

Not only didn't he know about the powerband, he didn't know how to give it gas, let out the clutch, etc, etc, etc. I had a feeling from the beginning that he was doomed when he called it the "F zero 7" and revved it high when easing the clutch out in the parking lot that. That's a sure sign of a noob.

Beemer

To be fair the limiter is there for a reason. There is no harm in bouncing it off of it.  
The only real thing, particularly for the FZ07 is why? The peak power band is well before that.

That was pretty much my point. Zero point in revving it to the moon.

That was pretty much my point. Zero point in revving it to the moon.
Eh. Makes some people tingle in their pants I guess.

Archived