The MT-07 Forum

SCR950

mjh937

• Global Moderator

I just saw this on the Yamaha website. I had not even heard about it before. Any comments?

• Global Moderator

Yes, they literately mention it here:

[video src=https://youtu.be/5H3jU5M-wCQ]

• Premium Member

Ducati Scrambler is only 410 lbs. Just sayin'

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator

Yes, but the Triumph Scrambler is 507 lbs.

• Premium Member
Yea, and I consider the Truimph Scrambler a pig too. :) 

Why can't left turners see us?

• Global Moderator
Yea, and I consider the Truimph Scrambler a pig too. :)

+1 for consistency then :)

• Premium Member

But the Yamaha has 150 cc on the Ducati also? I think it looks nice. There are already some customs floating around, I like the look. Not saying I'm ready to swap my fz, but still nice looking. Better than the alien-looking fz10 at least!

-JT

First of all, when I did a 360 deg. spin I have to say I love the looks. It looks like a real bike. It's has a Bolt engine  :-S   but is dressed in scrambler attire. I would take it over a Bolt just for the handling and comfort but doubtful it's going to win many races anywhere but then again, it's not really made for racing (not like a Harley XR750 or XG750R is) and with it's weight I don't think it's in serious competition with other scramblers, at least not on a real flat track. All the street scramblers are just posers. It's kinda laughable. I would only buy one mostly for it's looks alone and cruise around on it for the most part. Short sprints would be fun because of the torque and maybe some back road twisties but that's about it. Oh, and maybe an occasional sprint around a flat track, if you can actually ride it like it's meant to be ridden on a track, ha! It may be the perfect bike for someone not expecting a lot of performance. If I were tame I would have one.

http://www.hotbikeweb.com/harley-davidson-racers-dominate-flat-track-at-x-games-austin#page-2

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename
But the Yamaha has 150 cc on the Ducati also? I think it looks nice. There are already some customs floating around, I like the look. Not saying I'm ready to swap my fz, but still nice looking. Better than the alien-looking fz10 at least!
I'm going to get that alien looking beast of a bike haha!

SigSide.jpg

Archived