The MT-07 Forum

Thoughts on gold rims on white bike?

rxSpeeD

I've been shopping for a new exhaust after my M4 got dented and scratched up after my crash and stumbled upon SC Project. Youtube videos of the exhaust sound amazing and it looks great too. Then I saw a picture of the exhaust on a white FZ-07 with gold rims and I absolutely fell in love! I'm seriously considering powder coating my rims from black to gold, and getting gold grips and levers. My current bike just has black rims with red rim tape, red grips, and black shorty levers. What does everyone think of the white and gold color scheme on the FZ-07? Yay or nay?

SC Project Exhaust

I agree the silver bits have to go. I'm also thinking of getting the kick plate and side cover powder coated or buy the black ones from the 2016 armor gray model. Whichever is cheaper.

Looks good but I would prefer a black, ceramic coated pipe over the silver pipe.

Beemer

• Premium Member

Looks good. Coming from a rider who has gold rims, he said they're a pain to keep clean. Something to consider...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Great looking bike. I always wanted a white or black bike with gold rims. Guess I'll settle for the matte silver and Blue frame/wheels on the FZ that I can't match with anything (I still love it though). Lol.

• Premium Member

White on gold - not a bad look at all. But what doesn't look good on this white bike!? (Biased opinion here)

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Sorta like this.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Global Moderator
Sorta like this.
Nice daleks...
I prefer the black/ red myself

b46e38956c41b311c4dfc4b95bd314b4.jpg

As for the bike... i'd choose a carbon fibre wheel
  • Like 1

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

When I read white and gold I thought "yuck", but then I looked at the photos and it looks great. The only thing I would not like it's keeping the wheels clean. I do not clean my black wheels as much as I should.

*raises hand*

Alright imma come clean: I have several Rizoma Gold parts and upgrades coming in the mail very soon. I have a blurple with dark grey tank (2015) and didn't even want to bother trying to match that color. So I figured Black/Blurple with gold accents would be great. Then I considered painting my tank white (not sure if I'll go through with this yet), though I never thought of gold rims on it as well. I decided to focus on Italian parts and really try to achieve a sporty and clean look with some unique colors here. I can't wait to start posting about my project!

Also excited for my Bonamici's Rearsets (black with gold accents) are coming in!!! Didn't see anyone review them yet so I thought I'd try something new. AHH YEAH so stoked!

rxspeed: Thanks for the motivation!

Here's what what my rig looks like now:

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/roblogics/IMG_20160601_164153-01_zpsojnycnsu.jpeg

*raises hand* 
Alright imma come clean: I have several Rizoma Gold parts and upgrades coming in the mail very soon. I have a blurple with dark grey tank (2015) and didn't even want to bother trying to match that color. So I figured Black/Blurple with gold accents would be great. Then I considered painting my tank white (not sure if I'll go through with this yet), though I never thought of gold rims on it as well. I decided to focus on Italian parts and really try to achieve a sporty and clean look with some unique colors here. I can't wait to start posting about my project!

Also excited for my Bonamici's Rearsets (black with gold accents) are coming in!!! Didn't see anyone review them yet so I thought I'd try something new. AHH YEAH so stoked!

rxspeed: Thanks for the motivation!

Here's what what my rig looks like now:

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q487/roblogics/IMG_20160601_164153-01_zpsojnycnsu.jpeg
Sweet looking bike logiks! How did you make your headers, kick plate, and side covers black? Did you wrap the headers with exhaust wrap?

rxspeed For the headers, I bought the biked used so it came like that. It doesn't look or feel like wrap. Not sure how it's black either, lol. I'll inspect further when I get a chance.

As for the kick plates and side frame cover, I plasti-dipped them black but to be honest it didn't hold very well. Especially the kick plate. Going to either spray paint, powder coat, or just purchase the side frames from the newer model. Havn't decided yet.

• 2 years later...
  • Premium Member
On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 12:00 AM, sorkyah said:

Nice daleks...
I prefer the black/ red myself

b46e38956c41b311c4dfc4b95bd314b4.jpg

As for the bike... i'd choose a carbon fibre wheel

I'm with you on this choice lol Dr. Who ftw

huffer.jpg

• Like 1

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

white with gold rims is a mainstay of Japanese-market bikes. Especially Hondas. I personally love the combo and despise black rims across the board. Silver or silver machined (black) rims I can tolerate. Otherwise rims should be a useful color.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Liquidmetal

Dark colored rims for me, anything else is too hard to keep clean looking.  Quite content with the black rims on mine.

Edited by Liquidmetal

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

" A thread from the dead" again.

So long as it holds my tyre and stays reliable, colour of my rim is immaterial. The width , on the other hand, is an0other matter...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Global Moderator

glad to see a lot of these threads getting resurrected.

light wheels for me are an absolute nightmare. 

i wouldn't be able to spend the time needed to keep them clean, and therefore i would have one black rear wheel and one off coloured front wheel

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

My 07 is as black as crows nuts but I think that sc project bike looks skits af... except for the levers and grips, overkill imo, everything else though 👌

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, sorkyah said:

glad to see a lot of these threads getting resurrected.

light wheels for me are an absolute nightmare. 

i wouldn't be able to spend the time needed to keep them clean, and therefore i would have one black rear wheel and one off coloured front wheel

I was looking through the search bar to find white panels on a blurple frame and came across white with gold wheels..then I saw the Dr. Who reference so I had to say something.