The MT-07 Forum

PRICE DROP! Ceramic Wheel Bearing Kit Group Buy! (ENDED)

bellissimoto

bellissimoto
UPDATED PRICING!!!  Just got word that the first ever FZ-07 Ceramic Bearing 5 piece kits are finally done, and as an unexpected surprise the price has DROPPED!!!

THE NEW GROUP BUY PRICE IS $325!!!

Hello FZ-07.org members!

I'm excited to bring a new product to the market for the FZ-07...Ceramic Wheel Bearings!!!

I've heard the benefits of ceramic wheel bearings for quite some time now, and listened to racers rave about them at track days etc.  High time I try them for myself.  Trouble is, no one makes a set...until now.

The timing of this couldn't have been better, as I recently got a second set of wheels for my own personal FZ-07 to install race rubber for track days and wanted to try ceramic bearings since the wheels are off the bike.

After researching and finding out that no one makes a set, a forum member asked me if we sell them and it got me thinking...maybe there's a demand?

I contacted one of the best in the business, WORLD WIDE BEARINGS and asked if they would produce a fitment for the FZ-07, since they have many other moto fitments available and are well regarded as the standard in producing ultra high quality ceramic bearings for motorcycles in factory race teams and in all types of other motorsport disciplines.

Heard back from them today, and they are going to have an application for us in less than two weeks!

The FZ-07 application will be a complete 5 piece Hybrid Ceramic kit.  2 for the front wheel, 2 for the rear wheel, and 1 for the sprocket carrier.

The Hybrid Ceramic Bearings are whats used in the factory race teams, using steel races with ceramic balls.

- 40% less friction over steel (less friction = more horsepower)
 - 60% less rotating weight
 - Lasts 3-5 times longer than steel
 - Lower vibration levels and cooler running conditions

Retail on the complete 5 piece kit is inline with their other moto kits at around $400 $375 , but we are going to do a GROUP BUY PRICE of $350 $325 with FREE SHIPPING (within the USA, add $30 for international)

All we need is 3 people to place the order and get this going!!!

1.  @sorkyah
2.  @panchobullet
3.  @trustydrip

Super excited to not only bring this to the market but it happened all because of YOU, a FORUM MEMBER, simply asked.  Because of that, and one phone call, the first FZ-07 Ceramic Wheel Bearing Kit is coming to market.  Thank you guys for being the enthusiasts you are.  This is a great community and proud to be a supporting vendor.

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Global Moderator
Hello FZ-07.org members! 
I'm excited to bring a new product to the market for the FZ-07...Ceramic Wheel Bearings!!!

I've heard the benefits of ceramic wheel bearings for quite some time now, and listened to racers rave about them at track days etc.  High time I try them for myself.  Trouble is, no one makes a set...until now.

The timing of this couldn't have been better, as I recently got a second set of wheels for my own personal FZ-07 to install race rubber for track days and wanted to try ceramic bearings since the wheels are off the bike.

After researching and finding out that no one makes a set, a forum member asked me if we sell them and it got me thinking...maybe there's a demand?

I contacted one of the best in the business, WORLD WIDE BEARINGS and asked them if they would produce a fitment for the FZ-07, since they have many other moto fitments available and are well regarded as the standard in producing ultra high quality ceramic bearings for motorcycles in factory race teams and in all types of other motorsport disciplines.

Heard back from them today, and they are going to have an application for us in less than two weeks!

The FZ-07 application will be a complete 5 piece Hybrid Ceramic kit.  2 for the front wheel, 2 for the rear wheel, and 1 for the sprocket carrier.

The Hybrid Ceramic Bearings are whats used in the factory race teams, using steel races with ceramic balls.

- 40% less friction over steel (less friction = more horsepower)
 - 60% less rotating weight
 - Lasts 3-5 times longer than steel
 - Lower vibration levels and cooler running conditions

Retail on the complete 5 piece kit is inline with their other moto kits at around $400, but we are going to do a GROUP BUY PRICE of $350 with FREE SHIPPING (within the USA, add $30 for international)

All we need is 3 people to place the order and get this going!!!

Super excited to not only bring this to the market but it happened all because of YOU, a FORUM MEMBER, simply asked.  Because of that, and one phone call, the first FZ-07 Ceramic Wheel Bearing Kit is coming to market.  Thank you guys for being the enthusiasts you are.  This is a great community and proud to be a supporting vendor.

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

Mark me down...
longevity and less friction might mean better fuel econ for commute... and perhaps the bump in rwhp would be welcome

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

Alright all you racers out there... you know you want this

bellissimoto
Alright all you racers out there... you know you want this

Right?  No takers?

We still have time.  The kits are supposed to be available by the end of next week, so those on the fence still have plenty of time to get in.  I would expect the folks who track or race their FZ-07 will be all over this...

:)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bellissimoto

Monday bump as we get closer to the first ever ceramic wheel bearing kit for the FZ-07!!!

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

AlbatrossCafe

For me as a non-track guy, the break even point of MPG savings for a $400 (even $350) cost would be like 60 years worth of riding. Seems like a money sink. It is a cool idea, but they look like a mod you would only put on your bike if you had absolutely EVERYTHING else done. I'd be concerned of their durability on rough public roads as well. Maybe for track guys it is different? It improves the feel or something of the bike?

• Global Moderator

For me as a non-track guy, the break even point of MPG savings for a $400 (even $350) cost would be like 60 years worth of riding. Seems like a money sink. It is a cool idea, but they look like a mod you would only put on your bike if you had absolutely EVERYTHING else done. I'd be concerned of their durability on rough public roads as well. Maybe for track guys it is different? It improves the feel or something of the bike?

The ceramic bearings are nearly as durable, lighter weight, and less friction than the steel bearings

as far as public roads, the durability should be very similar to steel bearings as the suspensions should be absorbing the bumps not the bearings

bellissimoto

@albatrosscafe , I agree that the return on investment may not be as high as some other mods, but this is one of those mods where every little bit helps, and when all the little things are all done together, it all adds up.

It's it worth it to you? That's a question only you can answer Sir. I do have just about everything already done to my personal FZ-07 so to me it's worth it. It may not be for someone else. For example, if you want to go faster on a track, $400 towards rider instruction will definitely make you faster than a set of wheel bearings IMHO. $400 towards engine tuning to specifically reduce your MPG may work out better than the bearings also. As I said though, all the little things add up. I'm just glad we're able to bring these to market, so people have a choice :)

As far as street riding, they run cooler and last longer than the OEM bearings, so to me there is no downside, aside from the initial buy in.

Having said that, the discount we're offering does help a little, as you're basically getting $50 off a set :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bmwpowere36m3

@bellissimoto

The problem you'll find, in general, the FZ-07 appeals to young and new riders... and a lot of them are "cheap". Being brutally honest. You're better off offering GBs on "farkles" or more "visible" mods than bits like this.

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Really???.. again???... dear mother of god, why you doing this to me man!... I know I was looking and wanting this but as they were not available it was in my "check again later" list... Let me do some math and I'll get with ya!

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

bellissimoto

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that @bmwpowere36m3, but it's nice to know these parts exist for when people do want them...even if its a select few. :)

Oh and @panchobullet, no worries my friend, just let me know :)

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
panchobullet

All right... you already know you can sign me in bud!

Guys, I'll ask you all a really special request/favor... If at any time and by any chances you see my bike on sale for standard retail price for a 2015 bike or maybe just a little bit above it (considering all the mods on her) PLEASE DON'T BUY IT AS MY WIFE SHOULD HAVE PUT THE ADVISE!!!... and you all know we always said everything was really cheap but we know the trust right? :-p

- Pancho

bellissimoto

LoL, @panchobullet , you are too funny my friend! Got you down for a set of bearings...

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

bellissimoto

UPDATED PRICING!!! Just got word that the first ever FZ-07 Ceramic Bearing 5 piece kits are finally done, and as an unexpected surprise the price has DROPPED!!!

THE NEW GROUP BUY PRICE IS $325!!!  ($25 cheaper than before)

See original post for details

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
panchobullet

Awesome news!!!! Really no body else signed up yet? At least for me this was a win/win, as I'm getting something that will last more, reduce friction, maybe increase mileage and I'll have the stock ones as spare whenever I need to raplace them in the loooong future. If I haven't pull the trigger for so many awesome goodies from @bellissimoto when I saw this I may have ordered 2 sets. Plus, we don't even know how long this could be available and/or if it will be "massively" produced in the future so right now is an unique feature for our bikes!

So please just one more get it before I ask for an extra set! :P

- Pancho

• Premium Member
panchobullet
You know you want it @panchobullet !!! 

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com
LOL !!! Plz don't do that !!!.. I'm too easy... shopping... :P 
- Pancho

• Global Moderator

@panchobullet has the female psychology of shopping

Buy it if its a steal... if its not... beg for forgiveness

• Premium Member
panchobullet
@panchobullet has the female psychology of shopping  
Buy it if its a steal... if its not... beg for forgiveness
LOL !... yeap, that sounds pretty much like me :P

- Pancho

• Global Moderator
I might eventually do the r6 wheels conversation, the bearings are not the same I assume?
I cant say for sure... they have a differentnpart number but that could just bbe yamahas doing

bellissimoto

Monday Bump!

Bearings will be here this week! Any last takers? Not sure if we'll see the price this low again, so if you're on the fence now would be a good time to get in and save $50 on a set with the new low price of $325

- Paul

www.bellissimoto.com

• Premium Member
panchobullet
Count me in!
Awesome! We're all set then!.... :D

- Pancho

• 2 weeks later...

If you are offering a bearing kit why not add a set of external and internal spacers you can put in at the same time. Stiffer axle and more lighter weight bits.
Here is the front externals I made for the 07. Could be sourced from China in bulk for really cheap. No picture of the middle spacer unfortunately.
FRwheelspacers%204.jpg
FRwheelspacers%202.jpg

Here is rear ones for the Suzuki. All simple turnings. Same can be done for the 07.
front%20wheel%20spacers%202.jpg
front%20wheel%20spacers%201.jpg

Just a thought. With ceramic bearings would give overall lighter and stiffer axles front and back.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived