The MT-07 Forum

Foot pegs?

caliesv

I put the R3 footpegs on mine. Easy inexpensive swap.
I still haven't seen a pic of that done lol I hear a lot of people doing it though

Simbadc650

Oooooooo Got me interested in another upgrade, more facts, pictures, prices people!

I think I'm going to take my old pegs down to Yamaha and see if they have any dirt bike pegs that will work.

Guest ChicagoAJ

I have the R3 pegs, they go perfectly with the bike. I put them on for the rider and passenger. Amazing grip, way better than the rubber stockers.

I was looking for the R3 pegs on amazon and found these. Says they fit the FZ-07. Look pretty grippy to me but I don't know if they're over priced.

http://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-GP-Footpegs-Rider-1GPY-R/dp/B000GRMG6S?ie=UTF8&keywords=r3%20foot%20pegs&qid=1465303502&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

They do come in different colors and they are more aggressive, they are machined grooves instead of knurled so they grip better.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
I was looking for the R3 pegs on amazon and found these. Says they fit the FZ-07. Look pretty grippy to me but I don't know if they're over priced. 

http://www.amazon.com/Competition-Werkes-GP-Footpegs-Rider-1GPY-R/dp/B000GRMG6S?ie=UTF8&keywords=r3%20foot%20pegs&qid=1465303502&ref_=sr_1_2&sr=8-2

They do come in different colors and they are more aggressive, they are machined grooves instead of knurled so they grip better.
The factory R3 pegs fit just fine and are like 30-40 bucks depending on your dealer's markup

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I personally like the look of this type peg:

28662f4743dfc48ec8f8dca779b95003.jpg

I just have to get down to the dealership and see what they can come up with

Guest ChicagoAJ
Where did you pick up the R3 pegs? How much?
PartsFish.com. They have them for front and rear for under 10 bucks a peg. I believe they still have a promo code FLAT5 working as well for $5 dollar shipping. I paid under $50 for all 4 shipped, still cheaper than both of my local dealers. 

Guest ChicagoAJ

@beemer  - They're about an inch narrower than the stock pegs but they're serrated so they're super grippy, even when they're wet. The stock feelers bolt right into them as well. I reused the stock cotter pins, so all you need to order is the 4 foot pegs from an R3. They bolt directly on. You do need to remove the shift arm from the peg bracket to get the clutch side peg on. Also, when you're doing the back be ready to chase a ball bearing for each peg unless you're real careful moving them out of the housing. 

2uyta4o.png

@beemer  - They're about an inch narrower than the stock pegs but they're serrated so they're super grippy, even when they're wet. The stock feelers bolt right into them as well. I reused the stock cotter pins, so all you need to order is the 4 foot pegs from an R3. They bolt directly on. You do need to remove the shift arm from the peg bracket to get the clutch side peg on. Also, when you're doing the back be ready to chase a ball bearing for each peg unless you're real careful moving them out of the housing.  

2uyta4o.png
Cool! they look to be grippier than the Rizomas and they're pretty cheap as well, cheaper than those things I posted from amazon. I wish they were adjutable, though. I still don't like how the ends of the pegs in the stock position poke me in the side of the leg. Never had a bike do that and it still irritates the fak out of me at times.

Beemer

Guest ChicagoAJ

These don't do that as much since they don't stick out as far, but I do notice it occasionally when fidgeting at a stoplight for a long time. As far as being adjustable, obviously they're not just like the stock ones. I'm starting to really want a rear set as I don't feel in a natural position on the bike as it. I'm taller though, at 6'2", so that's probably why.

@Beemer, did you delete your other post? I swear you asked for a picture... O_o

These don't do that as much since they don't stick out as far, but I do notice it occasionally when fidgeting at a stoplight for a long time. As far as being adjustable, obviously they're not just like the stock ones. I'm starting to really want a rear set as I don't feel in a natural position on the bike as it. I'm taller though, at 6'2", so that's probably why.  

@beemer , did you delete your other post? I swear you asked for a picture... O_o
 I was asking to see a closer close up but your pic is good enough for what I was looking for so I deleted it. 
Was just looking through the dirt bike pegs and some are expensive, some are cheap and according to Amazon they fit the FZ-07. My pop up that says they don't fit my FZ-07 didn't come up when I clicked on these:

https://www.amazon.com/Flo-Motorsports-Blue-50-525-FPEG-795BLU/dp/B00T6JHJMS/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1465386956&sr=8-12&keywords=yamaha+dirtbike+foot+pegs

https://www.amazon.com/Foot-Yamaha-YZ125-YZ250-YZ400/dp/B01F81BP40/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1465386956&sr=8-14&keywords=yamaha+dirtbike+foot+pegs

Beemer

@beemer , did you delete your other post? I swear you asked for a picture... O_o
 I was asking to see a closer close up but your pic is good enough for what I was looking for so I deleted it. 
Was just looking through the dirt bike pegs and some are expensive, some are cheap and according to Amazon they fit the FZ-07. My pop up that says they don't fit my FZ-07 didn't come up when I clicked on these:

https://www.amazon.com/Flo-Motorsports-Blue-50-525-FPEG-795BLU/dp/B00T6JHJMS/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1465386956&sr=8-12&keywords=yamaha+dirtbike+foot+pegs

https://www.amazon.com/Foot-Yamaha-YZ125-YZ250-YZ400/dp/B01F81BP40/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1465386956&sr=8-14&keywords=yamaha+dirtbike+foot+pegs
I like those blue ones. I'm iffy about buying cheap since I sometimes stand up on my pegs to adjust my twig and berries. I'd be scared of the cheaper metal snapping mid stand.

Agreed!! Euell Gibbons and I have great concerned for the grape nuts, therefore, inferior pot metal is our enemy!  P-)

The blues just look sooo much better anyway. I stand on mine as well to give my ever aching gluts a break.

Howz bout deez babies!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KYMS24?psc=1

Beemer

Agreed!! Euell Gibbons and I have great concerned for the grape nuts, therefore, inferior pot metal is our enemy!  P-)  
The blues just look sooo much better anyway. I stand on mine as well to give my ever aching gluts a break.

Howz bout deez babies!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KYMS24?psc=1
Man! For that low price! I might buy an extra set to collect dust in my garage!

maygoddess

Hi all! I am new FZ-07 owner. Just got my break in inspection done and going to take it on its first track day. Not MY first. My GSXR 600 is my dedicated track bike, but I want to get more comfy with the FZ-07 on the street, so will take it on the track to see how this bike handles. The trackday provider I ride with is a Yamaha sponsored provider, so they ride the FZs are R6, R1, etc..I think I did a 2 up with the owner on his FZ-09..not sure which it was..

Anyway..had a foot peg question. I actually want to remove the feelers and wondering how easy it is. We found two screws under the pegs, but they are proving difficult to unscrew, so thought I would ask if removing those screws gives me access to easily remove the feelers or will that only give me access to remove the rubber top for replacement? Everyone is suggestion I just have to saw them off, but seems that should not be the case.

If this is that easy, let me know and we will keep trying to get them unscrewed..they are way overtorqued or we are just weak!!

I also have to figure out better pegs for street/track use. I was introduced to a gal who is riding her 07 across country. She also races but not on this bike..she found a guy who made her custom adjustable plate so she can move her pegs up or down..street riding comfort or rear set like for track/racing. I am not there yet..just want the feelers gone and perhaps a new peg altogether.

• Global Moderator

Hi all! I am new FZ-07 owner. Just got my break in inspection done and going to take it on its first track day. Not MY first. My GSXR 600 is my dedicated track bike, but I want to get more comfy with the FZ-07 on the street, so will take it on the track to see how this bike handles. The trackday provider I ride with is a Yamaha sponsored provider, so they ride the FZs are R6, R1, etc..I think I did a 2 up with the owner on his FZ-09..not sure which it was.. 
Anyway..had a foot peg question. I actually want to remove the feelers and wondering how easy it is. We found two screws under the pegs, but they are proving difficult to unscrew, so thought I would ask if removing those screws gives me access to easily remove the feelers or will that only give me access to remove the rubber top for replacement? Everyone is suggestion I just have to saw them off, but seems that should not be the case.

If this is that easy, let me know and we will keep trying to get them unscrewed..they are way overtorqued or we are just weak!!

I also have to figure out better pegs for street/track use. I was introduced to a gal who is riding her 07 across country. She also races but not on this bike..she found a guy who made her custom adjustable plate so she can move her pegs up or down..street riding comfort or rear set like for track/racing. I am not there yet..just want the feelers gone and perhaps a new peg altogether.

That girl is a user on here @zombiephone

Her plates are from Andy at AP Motoarts who make the FZ-07R race/track bike

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

You literally just unscrew them ☺

maygoddess

"You literally just unscrew them ☺"

So when you say you unscrew them...are we talking about the two screws UNDER the foot peg or are you saying you actually unscrew the peg itself? Sorry you would think this would be easy but with those two screws so tightly torqued in there would rather know exactly before we try some harder tactics to get those off...

Thanks!

Patty

Archived