The MT-07 Forum

Foot pegs?

caliesv

Guest ChicagoAJ
"You literally just unscrew them ☺"  
So when you say you unscrew them...are we talking about the two screws UNDER the foot peg or are you saying you actually unscrew the peg itself? Sorry you would think this would be easy but with those two screws so tightly torqued in there would rather know exactly before we try some harder tactics to get those off...

Thanks!

Patty
There's a couple flat spots on the feelers themselves where the threads screw into the foot pegs at the top of the feelers. I think it was an 8mm box wrench I used to just unscrew them. They're in super, super tight with tons of powdery blue loc-tite.  
The other screw you're seeing under the peg next to the feeler holds the rubber part on the top of the pegs on. If you unscrew that, that part will come off. 

maygoddess
So when you say you unscrew them...are we talking about the two screws UNDER the foot peg or are you saying you actually unscrew the peg itself? Sorry you would think this would be easy but with those two screws so tightly torqued in there would rather know exactly before we try some harder tactics to get those off...

Thanks!

Patty
There's a couple flat spots on the feelers themselves where the threads screw into the foot pegs at the top of the feelers. I think it was an 8mm box wrench I used to just unscrew them. They're in super, super tight with tons of powdery blue loc-tite.  
The other screw you're seeing under the peg next to the feeler holds the rubber part on the top of the pegs on. If you unscrew that, that part will come off. 
ahhh...yep..just looked at them and see the flat part you speak of. Wow..and others told me they must be sawed off! doh! Will try and gather up some strength with my guy and twist them off..pray for us! LOL!  Thank you so much for replying so quick!!

Guest ChicagoAJ
ahhh...yep..just looked at them and see the flat part you speak of. Wow..and others told me they must be sawed off! doh! Will try and gather up some strength with my guy and twist them off..pray for us! LOL!  Thank you so much for replying so quick!!
No problem, definitely don't take a saw to your bike before posting here. Chances are, if you want to do something to your bike at least one person has done it here already (that's been my experience anyway)!  
Probably much easier to get the feelers off when the pegs are on the bike. I almost had to put my pegs in a vice but then I got angry and broke them loose.

I find it's easy to check out a fiche page for the way our bikes are assembled. That's how I knew they were just long screws, you can see them there - they're [HASH]24. If you look at the parts list on whatever site you pull up the fiche on it'll just call it a screw. 

waon4x.jpg

Thanks!

Patty
Sorry for the quick response with no detail at all, I was at work! But I sounds like someone explained it better! Hope it all works out for you! Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
@beemer  - They're about an inch narrower than the stock pegs but they're serrated so they're super grippy, even when they're wet. The stock feelers bolt right into them as well. I reused the stock cotter pins, so all you need to order is the 4 foot pegs from an R3. They bolt directly on. You do need to remove the shift arm from the peg bracket to get the clutch side peg on. Also, when you're doing the back be ready to chase a ball bearing for each peg unless you're real careful moving them out of the housing. 
Did the shorter R3 foot pegs bother you at all?

Been debating switching to the R3 peg as I find the FZ07 rubber pegs get slippery in the wet.  My only concern is that my boot is about the same width as the FZ07 pegs, and going to the shorter R3 pegs would result in about 1/4 of my boot not contacting the peg.

Guest ChicagoAJ
@beemer  - They're about an inch narrower than the stock pegs but they're serrated so they're super grippy, even when they're wet. The stock feelers bolt right into them as well. I reused the stock cotter pins, so all you need to order is the 4 foot pegs from an R3. They bolt directly on. You do need to remove the shift arm from the peg bracket to get the clutch side peg on. Also, when you're doing the back be ready to chase a ball bearing for each peg unless you're real careful moving them out of the housing. 
Did the shorter R3 foot pegs bother you at all? 
Been debating switching to the R3 peg as I find the FZ07 rubber pegs get slippery in the wet.  My only concern is that my boot is about the same width as the FZ07 pegs, and going to the shorter R3 pegs would result in about 1/4 of my boot not contacting the peg.

Nope, doesn't bother me at all. I love them, one of the best, cheapest mods for the bike in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

@caliesv can you post a pic of your bike with the Rizoma Pegs. I am all about Rizoma parts.

@caliesv can you poat a lic of your bike with the Rizoma Pegs. I am all about Rizoma parts.
840aeaa2eceee41014902e1fde50ca0c.jpgdcd5220029abbe4f7aa6c7e4c0cbb27f.jpgccbd29a72cb857a76e106b3183e42e6c.jpg04521d0309df87eea2781239659e24af.jpgd31d9a9a8aae67489297077840b72783.jpg

Sure, no problem.

• Premium Member

Thanks @caliesv!! I am blacking out both sides of my bike and I love the look of those pegs and I am quite partial to Rizoma parts. Was the adaptor required with these pegs? By the way where did you order yours from?

Thanks @caliesv!! I am blacking out both sides of my bike and I love the look of those pegs and I am quite partial to Rizoma parts. Was the adaptor requirednwith these pegs? By rhe way where did you order yours from?
Yup, gotta get the adapter! I bought it off a guy on this forum. $40 for everything. Not too bad.

• Premium Member

Wow!! Lucky you. Thanks for the info. I think I will be purchasing those.

Wow!! Lucky you. Thanks for the info. I think I will be purchasing those.
Good luck man

• Premium Member

@caliesv I placed my order for a set of rider and passenger Rizomo Pegs. Thanks!!

@caliesv I placed my order for a set of rider and passenger Rizomo Pegs. Thanks!!
Nice man! Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
voltron2129
Where did you pick up the R3 pegs? How much?
PartsFish.com. They have them for front and rear for under 10 bucks a peg. I believe they still have a promo code FLAT5 working as well for $5 dollar shipping. I paid under $50 for all 4 shipped, still cheaper than both of my local dealers.  

Which of the three did you choose from? Does it matter?    
YZFR3 (YZFR3GGY)

YZFR3 (YZFR3GL)

YZFR3 (YZFR3GW)

Thanks in advance!

I'm rocking the Slingshot Racing pegs which work beautifully to free up room for my rather large feet (size 14 US) to wear boots and shift. Before the SSR pegs I flat out could not ride this bike in boots.

Guest ChicagoAJ
PartsFish.com. They have them for front and rear for under 10 bucks a peg. I believe they still have a promo code FLAT5 working as well for $5 dollar shipping. I paid under $50 for all 4 shipped, still cheaper than both of my local dealers.  

Which of the three did you choose from? Does it matter?    
YZFR3 (YZFR3GGY)

YZFR3 (YZFR3GL)

YZFR3 (YZFR3GW)

Thanks in advance!
I believe if you check all 3 the foot peg part numbers will all be identical so it shouldn't matter which color version you pick. 

voltron2129
I believe if you check all 3 the foot peg part numbers will all be identical so it shouldn't matter which color version you pick. 

K..Thanks again. Just ordered a set :-)

~Gustavo

Guest ChicagoAJ
K..Thanks again. Just ordered a set :-) 
~Gustavo
You'll love them. Every time I get on my bike I notice them immediately compared to stock. 

Archived