The MT-07 Forum

Find me a dual H4 headlight to buy!

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe
Have you ever wanted to see how a particular dual headlight setup would look on the FZ-07? Now is your chance!

As some of you have seen, I set up my FZ with dual h4 headlights. I used these Dominator headlights as a test. They were cheap as ****. Basically they were "one-time use".
I had to grind various pieces of them down to make bolts fit, bend pieces of metal so I could take them apart, and cut the inside of the bracket just to get the old bulbs out. In the end, they were just not even worth putting back together because to take them apart required so much bending of what should be an easy process. Not to mention the bulbs they came with both went out after only 2 weeks.

Luckily, and I mean "luckily", a piece of rubber flew off a car on my way home Friday and broke one of them. So now one has a hole in it and doesn't work at all, and the other has only the low-beam working on like a $3 bulb.
http://i.imgur.com/zfKJVcB.jpg

I need to replace them with another dual headlight setup. The problem is, there is barely anything available. I really want to avoid buying another pair of these as they are garbage. Anyone have a dual H4 headlight setup they think would be good? Maybe single H4 bulb housings that I can put together?

The current ones are mounted via a fork tube mounts like the brackets below. Ideally the ones would be similar... help!
http://www.store.extremecreations.com.au/content/images/thumbs/0000150_headlight-fork-mounting-bracket-kit.jpeg

AlbatrossCafe
haha yup, I literally just ordered those yesterday. I was wary at first because it was the same garbage brand of headlight, only $120 more expensive. But after scouring the internet for 7-8 hours over multiple days I couldn't find almost any dual headlight sets. I would have had to buy 2 singles and pair them together, but couldn't find anything small enough that was non-HID. 
I'll try these. I'm gonna see if I can convert them to use H4 bulbs in each so I can have both lights on at the same time instead of one for low and one for hi-beam. I also want to try to fit LEDs instead of halogen. They should be here & installed by next weekend.

• Global Moderator
haha yup, I literally just ordered those yesterday. I was wary at first because it was the same garbage brand of headlight, only $120 more expensive. But after scouring the internet for 7-8 hours over multiple days I couldn't find almost any dual headlight sets. I would have had to buy 2 singles and pair them together, but couldn't find anything small enough that was non-HID. 
I'll try these. I'm gonna see if I can convert them to use H4 bulbs in each so I can have both lights on at the same time instead of one for low and one for hi-beam. I also want to try to fit LEDs instead of halogen. They should be here & installed by next weekend.

According to the description... they are h4 bulbs

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

AlbatrossCafe

I think they are a single h4 connector that goes to 2 h7 bulbs. But if they are dual h4 then even better. I have now have 3 h4 connectors at the front of my bike so I can pretty much do anything...

Archived