The MT-07 Forum

AP motoarts

aaronjbush12

aaronjbush12

Wow!!! I recently upgraded to an Ohlins shock and it made a big difference in performance, but now I installed the suspension link from AP motoarts and it's a completely different bike!!! It raises the back a couple of inches and makes my bike feel very similar to my last track bike and that was a 600rr. Turn in is incredible and it no longer "folds up" right before the apex like it used to. Just an amazing difference!

Wow!!! I recently upgraded to an Ohlins shock and it made a big difference in performance, but now I installed the suspension link from AP motoarts and it's a completely different bike!!! It raises the back a couple of inches and makes my bike feel very similar to my last track bike and that was a 600rr. Turn in is incredible and it no longer "folds up" right before the apex like it used to. Just an amazing difference!
Nice!  Did you do the install yourself?  Do you ride your fz on the street too??

aaronjbush12

No, I'm not set up for suspension work so a local race shop helped me. I ride on the streets some but not usually more than a couple canyon runs and a bit of commuting each month

No, I'm not set up for suspension work so a local race shop helped me. I ride on the streets some but not usually more than a couple canyon runs and a bit of commuting each month

How much did the link raise the back?? I'm not on the track at all but would like to give the rear some height. Think it's worth trying??

aaronjbush12

It's about 2 inches, I think it's great for everything but definitely taller and might be a problem for shorter riders, I don't have a ton of miles on it yet but seems to be without any drawbacks,

It's about 2 inches, I think it's great for everything but definitely taller and might be a problem for shorter riders, I don't have a ton of miles on it yet but seems to be without any drawbacks,
If you don't mind me asking, what did they charge you to install the link?  I know the part is about $150 or so. 
Thanks!!

• Premium Member

not super impressed by the ohlins for the fz07-way more rebound than compression,not balanced,but way better than stock.thinking about raising the rear-maybe a ride adjustable shock.i know what your saying about not finishing a corner.

AlbatrossCafe

You think a suspension change really made that much of a difference for you? I'm 6'2" 230lbs and I've gotten by on stock so far just fine. Wish I could ride one with a suspension change side-by-side to feel how different it really is...

You think a suspension change really made that much of a difference for you? I'm 6'2" 230lbs and I've gotten by on stock so far just fine. Wish I could ride one with a suspension change side-by-side to feel how different it really is...
im wondering the same thing.. im 6'0'' and weigh the same. would really like to start upgrading the suspension but i want to make sure its worth it

aaronjbush12

I'm 6'0 and stock I had both feet completely flat and the bike felt super small, almost like I was sitting on a Harley, this was a big difference I'm not quite on my toes but not far away. It really feels like a 600 SS. I can't even imagine how your comfortable at 6'2

Archived