The MT-07 Forum

Can't get it up...

liami

On 6/1/2016 at 9:57 PM, liami said:

That is true...all good points. Your method described is how I accidentally did my first two wheelies and then I kinda started on purpose from there. Now I ride 2nd to 6k rpm, one finger clutch in while simultaneously ripping the throttle to 8-9k and then dumping the clutch. I don't let it get past 9500 rpm.

This could explain why your engine is now "low" on power. You do not have a broken-in bike but instead a broken bike due to not following the OM and abusing the engine during the first miles. 

• Premium Member

Wheelies make you go slower 😁.. But to me a wheelie is a tool to get over obstacles off road on my dirt scooter... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:23 PM, quapa said:

I'm 5' 10" 230lbs. Anyone here my height and weight, and can wheelie? I'm have trouble.

What's your skillset?  I'm 6'1" 215 (newbie) and have no issues pulling power wheelies in 1st/2nd.  I unintentionally clutched up once and scared the s*** out of myself.  My best wheelie to date

• Premium Member
Littlebriar

Earlier this year I attended a day long wheelie class at wheelie university. He rents a dragstrip outside of San Diego for the day. He has 2 Triumph Speed Triples that are equipped with a device that is connected to the ECU. He can dial in wheelie height and when that height is reached, the rev limiter kicks in and prevents you from going further. As the day progresses, he brings you up higher until you can be up the whole distance. What a blast! Really nice guy and good, patient instructor. At $600 it's not cheap but I thought the experience was worth it.  Learning on your own bike could be much more expensive with bike damage or broken bones.

His method is to bring the bike up to about 4 grand, then quickly drop the throttle, wait a brief moment for the front suspension to compress and then snap the throttle up. The Speed Triple came up easily. No clutch is involved.

wheelie1 (Medium).jpeg

Steve, 2017 Yamaha FZ-07, 2016 BMW 1200RT, 2019 Ducati Monster 1200s - Harbor Beach, Michigan