The MT-07 Forum

Summer Boots

kyrtgr

I'm using these http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-asphalt-c2b-shoeslink

the difference to non perforated/mesh boots is huge. You can actually feel the air over your feet as you ride.

I just watched a video on those @ revzilla and those are awesome boots! Perfect for what I'm looking for in a summertime boot except for one big drawback (not your fault, I forgot to mention it) I need at least a D size and even then those can be tight. I would buy them this second if they were wide enough. Thanks for the great input, they look so good I'm a little depressed that I can't wear them.  :-/  I don't understand why most shoe makers assume everyone has a narrow foot, what a pisser!

Beemer

For me, it's the opposite! I have super thin feet, there's actually NO racing boots on the market that I can wear, I need shoelaces!!!

BTW, about perforated shoes, I have Alpinestars Faster Vented boots and it's awesome how you feel the wind around your feet!

Baniere%20300x60_zpstsvyokit.jpg

• Premium Member

Good luck! Haven't heard of any moto boots that come in different widths... AND perforated at that.

Just wear flip flops. :P

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

I would trade off vented for waterproof b/c of the unpredictable weather here in VA. Rockin' Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots

For me, it's the opposite! I have super thin feet, there's actually NO racing boots on the market that I can wear, I need shoelaces!!! 
BTW, about perforated shoes, I have Alpinestars Faster Vented boots and it's awesome how you feel the wind around your feet!
Thanks for that, they're nice boots! From what I've read, Alpine stars sizes run a little larger than euro sizes so that's a little comforting to me but still, no size EE. I don't like having to return things. I've been eye-balling these and they're nice, a little pricey but no wide width.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-sp-1-vented-shoes#ask_and_answer_tab

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Thanks for that, they're nice boots! From what I've read, Alpine stars sizes run a little larger than euro sizes so that's a little comforting to me but still, no size EE. I don't like having to return things.

The astars boots arent much off kn the euro sizes

I normally wear a 46 euro (11.5us) in everything
the 45 smx3 and smx plus boots ive gotten are fantastic... a little snug but have broken in well
(smx plus not worn in yet)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I would trade off vented for waterproof b/c of the unpredictable weather here in VA. Rockin' Gaerne Balance Oiled Boots
Nice boots but my feet need air flow.

Beemer

• Global Moderator
Smx 3,5, or Plus have vented options
the plus and 5 are on closeout with revzilla atm

Smx 3,5, or Plus have vented options the plus and 5 are on closeout with revzilla atm
Right, I've been looking at those (SMX 3's my favorite) and they're nice but I really can't wear what most people can wear. I need boots in a wide width, like an EE because of my high instep. Anything snug or too hot and my foot gets inflamed and turns into a balloon. I must seem like a hard to please, high maintenance ho.  :-S

Beemer

• Global Moderator
Smx 3,5, or Plus have vented options the plus and 5 are on closeout with revzilla atm
Right, I've been looking at those (SMX 3's my favorite) and they're nice but I really can't wear what most people can wear. I need boots in a wide width, like an EE because of my high instep. Anything snug or too hot and my foot gets inflamed and turns into a balloon. I must seem like a hard to please, high maintenance ho.  :-S
Yes... you do

Yes... you do
What do you want for $500??  ;)

Beemer

Archived