The MT-07 Forum

yamaha demo in mn today and tomorrow aug 15-16

gtmn

tously sports in white bear lake mn I already own an fz07 and wanted to ride a 09 also drove a super tenere. like a shipso drove a 09 and didn't like it. its a totally diff bike then an 07 not that its not a great bike just very different. not starting any fights in my opinion the 07 is much more natural to ride. fits me better I like the torque more then top end it seemed at least on the 09 I rode I really had to push the bar to get it to turn, it didn't seem to corner as nice as the 07 I think the 7 drives easier then the 9 this may be because the set up is for newer riders. the 9 is probably set up to be faster but for me at 48 im not looking to mountain race with the boys I also drive a c650gt bmw scooter ant it handles very fast, drives a lot better in the corners then you would ever believe I use it for 2 up riding don't laugh till ya try it so 2 things I thought was funny 1st when I said I had to really push the bars in the corners the Yamaha guy snickered 2nd all the guys said they liked the07 but 1 guy said it was under powered and the Yamaha guy said then you didn't ride it I have said it before there is always someone faster so you should ride or drive whats comfortable for you you will have a lot more fun at the end of the day I think it would be real hard to beat the 07 in a day to day rider if you don't already own a Yamaha I say go see these guys on sat and drive some bikes the very cool thing is that Yamaha and magazines keep calling it an entry level bike and all the real men out there wont buy itcause all their buddies have faster bikes and sport bikes, that means I wont see one at every corner big motor go fast American males I did polish the day off with 165 miles on the scooter through some great mn and wi back roads with the wife of coursek said enough got to go. do love the 07 though. now if some one would have accessories for the damn thing   

hey I got a question the 7 I was driving next to also had a really loud chain this cant be that Yamaha just put a crap chain on these things can it be its driving me nuts to listen to it I may just put on a real chain and see what happens mine is tight and if lubed goes a couple of relatively quite days and then right back at it and then chain lube all over the bike its getting old in a hurry

Archived