The MT-07 Forum

AP Motoarts Rearset mounting plates

fzguider

Went by the shop today and its pretty much a garage. The front end of the business is never really opened from what they said. Let me tell you it is pretty sick in there with all the bikes ready to race. Saw a dope ass fz07r in there being worked on. Once i paid for my plates and had them in my hand, all the stress and anger of trying to get them went away! So far I'm happy now i just have to install them.  
Ill keep you all posted.

I guess the guy who owns it is always out at different tracks and can never answer his phone. The guy selling me the plates was a mechanic who tried to call the guy for a price and he couldn't even get a hold of him. lol

Aside from going into the location i have no advice on contacting this ghost ass shop.  

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/krisvsbh/IMG_0682_zpsm98zrqip.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/krisvsbh/IMG_0683_zpsjpp2psiw.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee486/krisvsbh/IMG_0681_zpsky30gnxg.jpg

i need pics after you install. would like to see if this replaces the stock mounting plate and if the silver cover still fits.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i need pics after you install. would like to see if this replaces the stock mounting plate and if the silver cover still fits. 

Shoot!  i didnt think about the silver cover fitting after.  I actually not even sure how to install this.  I'm kinda stressing out  haha

Shoot!  i didnt think about the silver cover fitting after.  I actually not even sure how to install this.  I'm kinda stressing out  haha
From the pics on fz07r.com, it looks like it bolts directly to the frame, replacing the stock plate. 0ff271057ff034f900bdc592811b986e.jpg

it looks llike the silver cover might fit cuz it uses the stock bolt. the silver doesn't even bolt to the stock plate. but i could be wrong. the fz07r has fairings after all.

it looks llike the silver cover might fit cuz it uses the stock bolt. the silver doesn't even bolt to the stock plate. but i could be wrong. the fz07r has fairings after all.

I read that you have to remove the swing arm pivot bolt.  Any idea where this is?

thanks!!!!!

I read that you have to remove the swing arm pivot bolt.  Any idea where this is? 
thanks!!!!!
i believe thats the one pictured. underneath the silver cover. i had to unbolt it to install my akra carbon bracket. pain in the ass. i suggest a breaker bar. its 80 ft/lbs of torque. not sure how to remove the actual bolt though. havent seen the other side.

i believe thats the one pictured. underneath the silver cover. i had to unbolt it to install my akra carbon bracket. pain in the ass. i suggest a breaker bar. its 80 ft/lbs of torque. not sure how to remove the actual bolt though. havent seen the other side.
Thanks!! 

howlinhoss

There is a thread showing you have to cut the round part of the silver side plate to avoid interference with the shift linkage.

There is a thread showing you have to cut the round part of the silver side plate to avoid interference with the shift linkage.
I can't seem to find that thread. Could you send a link?  Thanks

Just talked to Andy at apmotoarts and he offered to do the install for me when he's back in town. I'll get some pics and do an install how to. Seems like there is some cutting and you need to support the bike when that swing arm bolt comes out. Hey I'll take the offer,
Looking to have them in before the end of the month.
Keep you all posted.

Wow. Seems like a lot of work just to put in some relocation brackets. Yoshimura just needs to hurry and make a set for this bike. I guess new rearsets aren't too bad of an option for those that don't live in SoCal. Keep us updated though.

• Premium Member
Wow. Seems like a lot of work just to put in some relocation brackets. Yoshimura just needs to hurry and make a set for this bike. I guess new rearsets aren't too bad of an option for those that don't live in SoCal. Keep us updated though.
Haha, don't think Yoshimura plans on doing so. Maybe bug them a bit and see if that changes their minds. 

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Haha, don't think Yoshimura plans on doing so. Maybe bug them a bit and see if that changes their minds. 
tell them we got at least 10 people that wasnt it. lol

• Global Moderator
They dont have any in development

Ive begged em for a while... they finally stopped returning my emails
they make em for the R3 but not the fz's....

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Just FYI: these adapters will replace the stock silver plates. They will also relocate the kickstand and make them closer to the ground. Therefore, you will have to either cut the kickstand shorter or raise the bike. You will also need to drill the stock kickstand holes a little bigger for proper fit.

I have those and loving them so far.

Just FYI: these adapters will replace the stock silver plates. They will also relocate the kickstand and make them closer to the ground. Therefore, you will have to either cut the kickstand shorter or raise the bike. You will also need to drill the stock kickstand holes a little bigger for proper fit. 
can you take a couple of pics?

can you take a couple of pics?

It's the same like the pictures posted in the first page.

I'll talk to Andy and see about stocking the plates at my shop. He uses my airboxes so we're already doing a bit of biz together. He is on the road a lot, supporting a MotoAmerica racer. More later.

J.D. Hord

• Global Moderator
I'll talk to Andy and see about stocking the plates at my shop. He uses my airboxes so we're already doing a bit of biz together. He is on the road a lot, supporting a MotoAmerica racer. More later.
Sounds good to me :)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

I got a hold of Andy on Facebook also. I told him we have a bunch of FZ-07 members looking to purchase his relocation brackets and also some that are looking for the race fairing set. I'll keep in contact with him to see how we can order a certain amount all at once and what is the best option to move forward with the purchase.

• 1 month later...
I got a hold of Andy on Facebook also. I told him we have a bunch of FZ-07 members looking to purchase his relocation brackets and also some that are looking for the race fairing set. I'll keep in contact with him to see how we can order a certain amount all at once and what is the best option to move forward with the purchase.

I want to buy a racing set as we'll please inform me with the information you get please

I want to buy a racing set as we'll please inform me with the information you get please

I got ahold of him awhile ago and he said he was willing to work something out if we could get everyone who was interested. When I replied back and asked for more details about the groupbuy so I could relay the message back to everyone, I never received a reply back.

Lets not hold our breath when dealing with Andy and AP motorarts. He refuses to ever get back to me or anyone else around here. Oh well.

Archived