The MT-07 Forum

eBay TophomeTeam Brake & Clutch Levers - Black & Blue

07echelon

LINK TO PRODUCT

IMGUR ALBUM PICS

[u style=font-weight:bold]WHY I BOUGHT IT:[/u][span style=font-weight:bold] [/span]Inexpensive, short style, looked good. I've seen a lot of riders buy these levers with good experience. This is good for those who don't want to fork over the $100+ for a single lever, and those who want different colors.

TOOLS NEEDED:
- 10mm socket/wrench
- Flat head screwdriver
- Lube/grease

[u style=font-weight:bold]INSTALLATION:[/u][span style=font-weight:bold]

[/span]There are many posts about installing levers. Simple even for those not mechanically inclined. 2 sets of nut and bolt.

Two notes:
1. On the stock clutch side lever, there is a metal sleeve that is in the mounting hole of the lever. THIS SLEEVE HAS TO BE TRANSFERRED TO THE NEW CLUTCH LEVER.
2. When installing the new brake lever, I adding a pea sized dap of lube on the peg that the lever pushes on. PIC HERE

[b style=text-decoration:underline]REVIEW:[/b] Pics at top of thread for those interested. They feel just as solid as the stock levers, look better, feel better, and are inexpensive at $21 for me. I have no complaints about these levers, only one note below.

One thing I'll say is that the blue adjuster color isn't a perfect match to the blurple FZ, but I wasn't expecting it to. I only expected a dark blue and that's what I got. I'm happy. I took pics of the lever against the frame with direct lighting and in a bit of shade for some reference.

• 4 months later...

here is what $22 on ebay gets you.
pulled these levers off after 1 month.
parked bike outside, but covered, in the shade of an awning the first half of the day.
after lunch it went inside the warhouse.

Dave

FB_IMG_1469461573417.jpg

FB_IMG_1469461641560.jpg

Lol. Well, they still function. Haha. I personally am not looking into these, but my GF needs a replacement for her SV. (She accidentally dropped it and the brake lever end broke off.) Maybe getting the black or silver would be fine. She just hates looking at the broken lever. Haha As long as it functions and possibly with the black or silver not fading as bad, these may still work for her.

I went with the "RideIt" brand ones on Amazon. I was going to get the really nice ones, but tried these on my Grom and really liked them.

I'm expecting that they'll likely fade over time though.

Archived