The MT-07 Forum

Fz-07 or Panigale...Am I crazy!?

kawinight

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member

Congrats!
Let us know how you like it in the long-term.
I think you'll be happy.

straydogeod
Original offer 
Fz-07 $7700 incl (tax tag doc) etc

For

2012 panigale 1199 @ estimated trade value
$10,000

= $2300 check to me and new fz07

After wreck offer at this point

$300 check and fz-07

Parts to fix Panigale/ put back to the way it looked at the original offer total $2000 just parts. Not including labor.

Thoughts? Should I take It? I did my own research and even if I buy the parts myself off eBay or forums used but good condition I'm not saving much off retail. Seems like one of those take it and move on things.

I also have a brand new exhaust I can sell carbon clutch cover and if I cancel the warranty I can get money back prorated.

Ofcorse the extra $2k would of been nice, but can't go back before the wreck.

Or keep the duc and all the expenses that come with it...?

I was telling my friend earlier today. I thought I wanted a panigale, but now I feel I was betrayed by its staggering good looks. When behind the looks is a bike that is brittle, high maintenance, and not the most reliable. (I don't like this chick!)
I think I learned the hard way, like hitting the ground hard.

I think I like my bikes like my women. Low maintenance, still look amazing, are tough, and one you can count on.

I am still waiting for my Ducati Multistrada to sell.  It's been on consignment for about a month for the exact reasons you listed for not liking it.  I completely understand that part of your dilemma, sorry to hear about the bad luck with the drop.  

And there is something to be said for good lookin', low maintenance, tough chicks. 

Original offer 
Fz-07 $7700 incl (tax tag doc) etc

For

2012 panigale 1199 @ estimated trade value
$10,000

= $2300 check to me and new fz07

After wreck offer at this point

$300 check and fz-07

Parts to fix Panigale/ put back to the way it looked at the original offer total $2000 just parts. Not including labor.

Thoughts? Should I take It? I did my own research and even if I buy the parts myself off eBay or forums used but good condition I'm not saving much off retail. Seems like one of those take it and move on things.

I also have a brand new exhaust I can sell carbon clutch cover and if I cancel the warranty I can get money back prorated.

Ofcorse the extra $2k would of been nice, but can't go back before the wreck.

Or keep the duc and all the expenses that come with it...?

I was telling my friend earlier today. I thought I wanted a panigale, but now I feel I was betrayed by its staggering good looks. When behind the looks is a bike that is brittle, high maintenance, and not the most reliable. (I don't like this chick!)
I think I learned the hard way, like hitting the ground hard.

I think I like my bikes like my women. Low maintenance, still look amazing, are tough, and one you can count on.

I am still waiting for my Ducati Multistrada to sell.  It's been on consignment for about a month for the exact reasons you listed for not liking it.  I completely understand that part of your dilemma, sorry to hear about the bad luck with the drop.   
And there is something to be said for good lookin', low maintenance, tough chicks. 

Funny how the look,sound, and name pull the wool over your eyes to keep you from seeing what's behind the cover. I'm just ready to move forward. This whole deal has been stressful!

Congrats! Let us know how you like it in the long-term.
I think you'll be happy.

Guess will find out how many posts I acru on this forum. If you see me posting regularly then I must love it. If I disappear well.. Something happened.

Congrats! You may notice you don't have to get the bike in a certain gear for curves and turns like with some other bikes. Get to know your torque band/test it out a little and you'll love how it pulls. It will probably make the 2up riding more relaxed/enjoyable with less shifting.

Beemer

• Global Moderator

Nice ! Congratulations. Post a picture when you have it. Peeps love pics. When is deivery scheduled?

Nice ! Congratulations. Post a picture when you have it. Peeps love pics. When is deivery scheduled?

Not sure when I'll take delivery, they didn't have one in stock but on Friday they said "we have one locked down for you, will call you on Tuesday after the holiday weekend and touch base" whatever that means...ill be sure to post pics as soon as I have a chance to take some. Excited but stressed as well. Been a long week!
I think I'll be more myself when I get the FZ in my possession!

Anyone know where the "warehouse" the dealers get their bikes from is? Or shipping times? I'm guessing they're getting it from there is how it sounded in the beginning of the whole deal. At the that time they also said they had one coming but could put it on a rush if I decided I wanted it. Said about two days. But since I didn't decide till Friday morning because of the wreck, and this Monday is a holiday. I'm worried it won't come till the end of next week. Uhhggg it's driving me CRAZY!!!!

• Global Moderator

I wouldn't worry too much. Enjoy the long weekend. The deal is done so you can relax. You will have plenty of time to ride the FZ. It may sound crazy, but try and enjoy the anticipation. 

In the meantime you could browse the forum for some cool mods. We have an extensive list of Tech Tips too. 

I wouldn't worry too much. Enjoy the long weekend. The deal is done so you can relax. You will have plenty of time to ride the FZ. It may sound crazy, but try and enjoy the anticipation.  
In the meantime you could browse the forum for some cool mods. We have an extensive list of Tech Tips too. 

I've been browsing the sh** out of the forum and probably watched every FZ YouTube vid there is. I've also been listing what mods I want to do. I know for sure the full Ackro titanium. Still figuring out what to do on tuning. I want to upgrade the forks, and what rear sets to get. Only other thing is a windscreen which will probably be the first upgrade since I commute more than I ride the mountains.

• Global Moderator

I've been browsing the sh** out of the forum and probably watched every FZ YouTube vid there is. I've also been listing what mods I want to do. I know for sure the full Ackro titanium. Still figuring out what to do on tuning. I want to upgrade the forks, and what rear sets to get. Only other thing is a windscreen which will probably be the first upgrade since I commute more than I ride the mountains.

givi or madstad for wind protection
gilles rearsets or ebay versions seem to be the most popular
and 2wdw ecu flash w/ dna filter, lid and akro ti exh seems to be top trumps in power so far

Aside from @hordpower's mods that is

And for your question from earlier, the 'warehouse' is a shipyard in washington state
the FZ-07 is made in Japan and imported

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

givi or madstad for wind protection gilles rearsets or ebay versions seem to be the most popular
and 2wdw ecu flash w/ dna filter, lid and akro ti exh seems to be top trumps in power so far

And for your question from earlier, the 'warehouse' is a shipyard in washington state

Thanks for summing it all up!! That was very helpful.

• Global Moderator
givi or madstad for wind protection gilles rearsets or ebay versions seem to be the most popular

Np,
just want to see others enjoy this bike as much as i do

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

Np, just want to see others enjoy this bike as much as i do

Just asked bellissimoto if I can get in on that group buy of the Gilles 

Dang, I got pushed back to the second page! Time for a post!

According to the dealer today, supposed to have the FZ by the end of the week.."Friday". Haha seems that's when a few other newbs are recieveing theirs as well, haha. They had to pick it up a state away.

Should know more in the am. Contacted bellissimoto about rearsets. Probably pull the trigger on those when I officially own it.
Then
Windscreen,FE, and led signals.
And
Finally exhaust and 2wd flash.

Update: dealer said they're going to pick the bike up tomorrow. So my guess is Saturday at this point. Unless they surprise me.

Finally!!! Felt like forever! Loving it, rode about an 1.5hr after picking her up. Took so twistie backroad to home. This bike pulls surprisingly hard :D it seems very agile and easy to ride. Doesn't make you work like my other super sports. The seat/ergonomics in my opinion is pretty comfy coming off of sport bikes. OE tires felt pretty good and the wheels don't show as much dirt as I thought they might. Can't wait to break it in and really test it out! Very pleased with my purchase. Best of all I own it! 

D32BE494-A501-48DA-A6FF-49DB1B7301F4.jpg7137DD04-28F2-46B9-9B61-115805539629.jpg4E36813D-CECE-4331-8F86-79C6D3891956.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
bugsyclarkdale

1199 is not the most ideal commuter. can you? yes? but id say keep the Duc, but you need to ride her more and your throttle control and smooth riding will improve. And of course take her to the track! lol. The FZ 07 is a blast for farting around town esp if caught in traffic.

Archived