The MT-07 Forum

Windscreen with 1.5" Woodcraft Clip-ons

12ival

• Premium Member
panchobullet
I actually went today to my local dealer who had the Yamaha Sport available and it looks like it fits. I was not allowed to actually install it to be 100% sure but did took a good look to how it will be in place (basically try it on without putting the screws but did a full preview)  
I'll probably get it as soon as I can sell my Givi screen and already have a buyer but he's out of town until next week. I'll keep you all posted. 

- Pancho
Is that a red tint on the screen or is it just the lighting? Looks like a nice windscreen.
Just the lighting.. It's dark smoke similar to Givi one.  It has a little bit more upright displacement & profile compared to Givi too but looks nice. 

- Pancho 

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

has anyone tried the woodcraft clip-ons with OEM Yamaha windscreen?
I actually went today to my local dealer who had the Yamaha Sport available and it looks like it fits. I was not allowed to actually install it to be 100% sure but did took a good look to how it will be in place (basically try it on without putting the screws but did a full preview)  
I'll probably get it as soon as I can sell my Givi screen and already have a buyer but he's out of town until next week. I'll keep you all posted. 

- Pancho
Thanks, that's good to know! I just installed the Yamaha Windscreen, as it is my favorite out of all the aftermarket options!

YMsc2nIl.jpg

• 1 month later...
has anyone tried the woodcraft clip-ons with OEM Yamaha windscreen?

- Pancho
That doesn't look like the Yamaha OEM screen I have.

Update; I installed woodcraft clip-ons 1.5" in down position, and there was no way they were going to fit with the windscreen. The top of the screen would prevented me from even installing the risers. I had to remove my screen, as I really want the aggressive woodcrafts on. Now I am in search for a new windscreen. I really just want something tall enough to cover the speedo, and cover up the 4-bolts on top of the headlight.

Ideally, I want a short sceen, that would integrate my speedo behind it, and cover up the messy cables.

jngmK94.jpg

I wish we had a thread where someone posted exactly which screens fit and which don't with the clip-ons in up/down position. I'm trying to find a screen I like that will fit with the risers in the 1.5" down position. I've already had an Ermax and a Puig touring screen.

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

I wish we had a thread where someone posted exactly which screens fit and which don't with the clip-ons in up/down position. I'm trying to find a screen I like that will fit with the risers in the 1.5" down position. I've already had an Ermax and a Puig touring screen.
so far, it seems like the only screen that will fit the 1.5" down is the PUIG sport screen. 
There was also a thread here about the GIVI screen made to fit with some modifications to the bracket.

I'll do some more research, and if I cannot find anything else, I will just order a PUIG sport!

• Premium Member

Hi all!... First, apologies as I have been off forum for a little while due a lot of work and family activities. Now, going straight to what it matters, I just got the Yamaha Sport Screen and it DOES fit Woodcraft 1.5 in both Up & Down possitions! It has a really nice tint and look and it's really easy to install. Here are some pics so you can see it.

Front View:

[attachment id=2329" thumbnail="1]

Side View:

[attachment id=2327" thumbnail="1]

Drive view:
[attachment id=2328" thumbnail="1]

I know it's not available in the US market and I got mine from the following Euro site: 
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu

They do free international shipping for all orders over 250 euros so check out other accessories you may also want to try to hit the amount or coordinate with someone else that may also want something. All you need to know is the proper Yamaha code for the items you want and once in the site just go to "Part Number Search", select Yamaha and input the item code. For the screen the code is the following:

Yamaha Sport Screen: 1WS-F83J0-00-00

If you want to check a bunch of original Yamaha accessories, you can go to here: 
http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-motorcycle-accessories/yamaha-mt-series-accessories/yamaha-mt-07-accessories.html

Inside each item listing you can find the proper Yamaha code for the item that you can just copy and paste to search for it in the other site. I couldn't buy from yamabits because they didn't ship to my country so try that one first if you like. Unless my experience shopping from MSP site was great and all items were delivered successfully. Even though they forgot to include one of the items I order, I email them and got immediate response with an apologies and letting me know they were going to ship the missing item free of charge too. Ironically, they missed to ship the Screen but got it just a couple of weeks after they responded.

Hope it helps some of you to know there is another option available out there that is proven to FIT!  :D

- Pancho

I really like the look of the Yamaha OEM sport screen. But I'm still undecided between that or the MRA double bubble screen. I just don't know if the MRA screen will fit with our Woodcraft 1.5" down clip-ons??

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
@panchobullet  
That's not the one I have. I had the short one.

yYUEfS4.jpg
I see now... So you have the Yamaha Fly Screen. Could you explain why it does not fit? Just curious to know :)

- Pancho

@panchobullet  
That's not the one I have. I had the short one.

yYUEfS4.jpg
I see now... So you have the Yamaha Fly Screen. Could you explain why it does not fit? Just curious to know :) 
- Pancho
The top sides of the screen hit the risers

Update, the rizoma polycarbonate screen did not fit with the woodcraft 1.5" clip-ons down. The bracket would not clear the brake hose.

Kinda pissed off, because I really like the way the rizoma looks.. back to square one. Anyone running something other than a Puig with the woodcraft clip-ons?

I'll have to see if my local yamaha has a MRA double bubble screen for our ride I can test fit on my clip ons. I'm fairly sure it should fit, just wish I had one in person to test it

I have the 1" bars in the up position with the factory Yamaha sport screen and it doesn't work.
It rubs against the brake line.
I made it work by cutting the screen to compensate.
Not 100% satisfied with the end result.
So I may order another Yamaha one and try something else, unless someone knows of one that works.

I have the 1" bars in the up position with the factory Yamaha sport screen and it doesn't work. It rubs against the brake line.
I made it work by cutting the screen to compensate.
Not 100% satisfied with the end result.
So I may order another Yamaha one and try something else, unless someone knows of one that works.
Yea, now imagine that screen with the 1.5" in the down positon. No way to make it work without chopping the screen up. 
I gave up and just ordered the PUIG sport screen. That is guaranteed to fit, and I saw someone even integrate their speedo into the PUIG bracket, so I may be able to knock out two birds with that one stone

@raven I'm still very ever hopeful for a non-Puig screen to fit that I like lol

I basically gave up and made myself learn to like the looks of the Puig. Lol. I do have "what if..." thoughts of different windscreens on the bike every so often.

I really think I could use the bracket from the Puig and customize a rizoma or OE Fly screen, but then that would mean I would need to get my hands on one of those to try. Not only that, I'm not even sure if I'm wasting my time because in my mind, I'm thinking it will either stick out too far or be too much of an angle facing up.

Maybe someone might attempt it or already has and can chime in.

I basically gave up and made myself learn to like the looks of the Puig. Lol. I do have "what if..." thoughts of different windscreens on the bike every so often. 
I really think I could use the bracket from the Puig and customize a rizoma or OE Fly screen, but then that would mean I would need to get my hands on one of those to try. Not only that, I'm not even sure if I'm wasting my time because in my mind, I'm thinking it will either stick out too far or be too much of an angle facing up.

Maybe someone might attempt it or already has and can chime in.
I gave up as well and installed a puig today. Fit perfectly, and I'll just learn to love it.

One thing that pushed me over the edge and pulled the trigger on the puig is the fact that I can fab up a bracket to relocate my speedometer into the windshield. I saw someone who did this with a piece of license plate on Facebook, and it would make me love the puig if I could get the speedo in there.

IMG_5076.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived