The MT-07 Forum

Windscreen with 1.5" Woodcraft Clip-ons

12ival

Does anybody run a windscreen with the 1.5" Woodcraft clip-ons in the down position? i have a givi windscreen that no longer fits now that i switched to the clip-ons.

Been wondering the same thing! I have an Ermax sport screen on mine, hoping that'll fit when I go for my woodcraft clip-ons

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

I haven't ordered the Yamaha fly screen yet because I'm afraid it may not work with my clip-ons. They look to be in the way, but I have seen some people who were able to get a windscreen on. Maybe just a few modifications or extra washers for the windscreen, but never seen one that had it done in person. Not sure if it will stick out too far and look weird.

I'm going to pick up the puig sport from one of the forum members later today. I'll see how much work is needed to install with the 1.5 clipons (down). I might pick up a Rizoma or Yamaha short screen later down the road, but atleast this will give me an idea if it works seeing as the member thats selling is local.

• Premium Member

I have the 1" in the down position. I also have the fabbri gen-x sport screen. There is just enough room between where the top of the screen meets the connection point of the cable to the master cylinder.

I have the 1" in the down position. I also have the fabbri gen-x sport screen. There is just enough room between where the top of the screen meets the connection point of the cable to the master cylinder.

That's the only thing. If the 1" clip-ons is just enough room, the 1.5" down will probally have a good chance of needing some type of modification. Hopefully it's just small washers or something to that effect that's needed.

I'm going to pick up the puig sport from one of the forum members later today. I'll see how much work is needed to install with the 1.5 clipons (down). I might pick up a Rizoma or Yamaha short screen later down the road, but atleast this will give me an idea if it works seeing as the member thats selling is local.
let me know if it works out. thanks for being the guinea pig. lol

Alright guys... So... I guess the Puig fits with no modifications. As one of the other members mentioned, his screen was very close to the brake master/reservoir, but looks like it still works. Unless I put the bracket in wrong, looks like we have a winner (atleast for Puig), not sure of other brands. Pics below.

ba16970a408f6b4868abd58d1f599dbb.jpg518a6ec509ab1d5ceb589aed5b4483bb.jpg968518424b09ba24f329da07640cc18a.jpg

Does anybody have the clip-ons with an Ermax sport screen? Would love to know if buying it means I'll have to buy a diff screen as well

'15 Pearl White FZ-07 | Yoshi R77 Exhaust | ECU Reflash | Mad Hornets Shorty Levers | EvoTech Rad Guard | Yamaha Comfort Saddle | TST Industries Integrated Taillight | Motodynamics Fender Eliminator | Yamaha OEM Front LED Signals | Phillips MaxVision 130+ Bulb | OES Front/Rear Axle Sliders | Driven Racing TT Rearsets | Woodcraft 1.5" Clip-Ons | Woodcraft Engine & Water Pump Crash Cover | OEM Motocage Cage | LEDGlow SMD Mini Advanced Lighting Kit | Gilles Tooling Gauge Relocation Kit |

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
yay
How close are you able to fitting the Givi? Would getting maybe 1/2 inch spacers work? Not sure what possible solutions you've tried. 

yay
How close are you able to fitting the Givi? Would getting maybe 1/2 inch spacers work? Not sure what possible solutions you've tried. 
they might. I'd have to try. @jeffkisthename made his own bracket. maybe he could chime in here.

yay
doesn't come close. i can't even get the brackets on because of the front brake master cylinder.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
doesn't come close. i can't even get the brackets on because of the front brake master cylinder.
Damn, maybe @jeffkisthename needs to produce the brackets and become a vendor  (rofl)

• 2 weeks later...
Been wondering the same thing! I have an Ermax sport screen on mine, hoping that'll fit when I go for my woodcraft clip-ons

Nop, i had the ermax and it did not fit with the woodcraft clip ons!

yay

I had the ermax had to remove it to install the clip ons it does not fit anymore!

Noooo! Damnit... I don't wanna lose this thing! It's such a great screen... I wish I could retain both!

Anybody here try the MRA double bubble screens with 1.5" clip-ons? I'm still hoping to keep a windscreen function with highway speeds while having the lower aggressive position. From these google images it looks like they'd be able to clear with no rubbing issues. Also, the Powerbronze screen looks like it could clear the master cylinder issue too.

MRA Double Bubble Screen:

a4fe6bac31ce2df5eb3d6e587f70f793.jpg
2b9a4da6af08a3cbd38536e72282a738.jpg

Powerbronze Screen:

ab4b6950fe0fc2f85482604e3e2ffd7a.jpg
fb5a1f49145d0448b8b3e4af9b99e02b.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
panchobullet

Noooo! Damnit... I don't wanna lose this thing! It's such a great screen... I wish I could retain both!
Dang... I sent Ermax a message on they Facebook page asking if sport screen will fit with the woodcraft 1.5 inches in the down position and they said yes, but looks like my hope is gone now. Can you let me know why it doesn't fit or maybe share some pics if possible?

I had the Givi screen and was able to fit it with the woodcraft 1.5 in the up position with some minor tweaks to the mount bracket but as know it doesn't fit in the down position without some serious changes/spacers. I was planning maybe cut the Givi screen a little bit to see if it fits but wanted to see others screens options first too.

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

• Premium Member
panchobullet
has anyone tried the woodcraft clip-ons with OEM Yamaha windscreen?
I actually went today to my local dealer who had the Yamaha Sport available and it looks like it fits. I was not allowed to actually install it to be 100% sure but did took a good look to how it will be in place (basically try it on without putting the screws but did a full preview)  
I'll probably get it as soon as I can sell my Givi screen and already have a buyer but he's out of town until next week. I'll keep you all posted. 

[attachment id=2067" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=2068" thumbnail="1]

- Pancho

You've never seen me cause I'm too damn fast!

has anyone tried the woodcraft clip-ons with OEM Yamaha windscreen?
I actually went today to my local dealer who had the Yamaha Sport available and it looks like it fits. I was not allowed to actually install it to be 100% sure but did took a good look to how it will be in place (basically try it on without putting the screws but did a full preview)  
I'll probably get it as soon as I can sell my Givi screen and already have a buyer but he's out of town until next week. I'll keep you all posted. 

[attachment id=2067" thumbnail="1]

[attachment id=2068" thumbnail="1]

- Pancho

Is that a red tint on the screen or is it just the lighting? Looks like a nice windscreen.

Archived