The MT-07 Forum

Bad ass splash gaurd!!

captainfz07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChicagoAJ

Saw this a while ago. Be cool to mount your plate on there so you could really clean the fender up.

captainfz07

Yes I'm sure it's possible, I would Prefer to leave plate under the seat and showoff the look of the splash gaurd, I could be wrong but I feel a plate on the splash gaurd hides it's look.

captainfz07

It is a little, but I think the look is totally worth it, shorties, madstad visor, and saddlebags next on my list

• Premium Member

I like the idea, but not the execution.  The attachment arms seem too big/wide, and I don't really like the way they attach to the swing arm behind the chain adjustment bolts.  If they had a cleaner attachment system, I think I'd like them.

Why can't left turners see us?

I posted this guard a while ago asking people's opinion . Oh and If anyone is wondering, I contacted the seller, he said he would sell it for $100 but the shipping will be about a month.

No, this makes you crazy ....

[attachment id=1687" thumbnail="1]

You sound really thrilled, you should buy it and not let love slip away.

Beemer

603nytroxtx

If you plan on ever riding in the rain or even potentially getting caught for a minute and have a tail tidy this product is a 100% must have. I wear a back pack and after 2 minutes of riding in the rain there is a stream of water going down my ass crack. I really like the look on this as well. I might pull the trigger for $100 but I am concerned about overall quality. "Leon Group" is clearly a foreign entity with very poor online infrastructure. I don't want to be the $172 guinea pig for this.

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Works Finish
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*GearBrake Flashing Smart Brake Light
*Creese Tail Tidy with LED
*TST Industries Flushmount front LED
*Motionpro R6 throttle tube
*Yamaha Fly Screen
*X-Grip with Bruudt mount

twowheeladdict

I guess motorcycle manufacturers put for over Function. All the bikes in the 1970s had actual fenders that surrounded the rear wheel. I guess we are only supposed to ride cruisers in the rain.

2015 FZ-07

AlbatrossCafe
If you plan on ever riding in the rain or even potentially getting caught for a minute and have a tail tidy this product is a 100% must have. I wear a back pack and after 2 minutes of riding in the rain there is a stream of water going down my ass crack. I really like the look on this as well. I might pull the trigger for $100 but I am concerned about overall quality. "Leon Group" is clearly a foreign entity with very poor online infrastructure. I don't want to be the $172 guinea pig for this.
Not sure if it would be worth it to someone who rides ALL THE TIME in the rain. I rode in the rain for 4 months straight in winter here in Seattle (literally December reported rain every day of the month except for December 31st). 
I invested in a waterproof one-piece suit and waterproof backpack. At that point the bike was already completely dirty to the point of where it wasn't worth washing since it would just get dirty the next day. And I was completely dry with my gear & backpack. Since it was a one-piece I had no water in my crack either ;)

Not sure what purpose this would serve someone who already has waterproof gear/backpack except to prevent them from having to wipe off their rear brake light every once in a while. But I can see how it might be useful for someone who occasionally gets caught in light rain and isn't 100% dressed for it.

It could be mounted a few inches behind the exhaust pipe so that it deflects the sound of the pipe forward, making it a life saving device.  ;)

Beemer

captainfz07
It could be mounted a few inches behind the exhaust pipe so that it deflects the sound of the pipe forward, making it a life saving device.  ;)

I swear these days even the high beam isn't enough during the night, people Don't look, or care to signal.

I swear these days even the high beam isn't enough during the night, people Don't look, or care to signal.
When you know there are people out there with drivers licenses that are capable of pulling in front of a mile long freight train with a 20 million candle power headlight that's blasting it's gargantuan air horns you know there are others akin to them that will pull in front of everything smaller, quieter and not as bright. Real comforting, I know.

Beemer

When you know there are people out there with drivers licenses that are capable of pulling in front of a mile long freight train with a 20 million candle power headlight that's blasting it's gargantuan air horns you know there are others akin to them that will pull in front of everything smaller, quieter and not as bright. Real comforting, I know.
Ah man, what you are saying now is train pipes don't save lives. :(

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

captainfz07
Just looks like a Ducati wananbe to me.

True but alot of bike back in the day use to have rear fenders, or tire hugers, I wonder what the wheelie clearance on that is?

• 4 weeks later...
603nytroxtx
I posted this guard a while ago asking people's opinion . Oh and If anyone is wondering, I contacted the seller, he said he would sell it for $100 but the shipping will be about a month.
Did you contact him through eBay? I don't mind waiting a month to save $72.00. I go through a puddle and get splattered.  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

Did you contact him through eBay? I don't mind waiting a month to save $72.00. I go through a puddle and get splattered.
Yup! Mailed him through email

603nytroxtx
Yup! Mailed him through email
Great! Thanks. I will see what I get for a response.  

2015 FZ-07 Graphite
*2WDW ECU Flash
*OES Sliders
*Yamaha Fly Screen

Archived