The MT-07 Forum

ANOTHER AWARD...best value bike on Motorcycle.com

thestache

http://www.motorcycle.com/uncategorized/best-value-bike-2014.html

And I agree wholeheartedly, I think a lot of us were looking at other bikes. For me it was Honda CBR650F, I had seen Spacep0ds review, and loved it, but when I saw the FZ07, I thought...bigger engine, naked coolness....WHAT $2K LESS...and then I realized, this was by far the better decision

• Premium Member

Nice. I was looking at a 300 and trying to talk myself out of a 636. This bike came up and I took the middle ground. Don't regret it one bit. Its good to see the recognition that this bike is getting.

I was all Honda, looking at the500 and 650. But honda wouldn't do test rides on either then wouldn't flex on the price of the 650. Saw the Yamaha 07, got a test ride and fell in love.

I was set on trading my CBR500R for the 650.

Never even heard of the FZ7 until May.

Then I knew I wouldn't want the CBR650F no more. That things a pig haha

Guest unknown

It was between a 690 Duke, the Fz-07 and a sv650 gladius. Felt "at home" on the FZ. The duke is pretty awesome though, but it's too vibey for me.

Was looking at the NC700X for its mpg and huge cargo space, but the power delivered was weak.
The FZ7 give up a bit on the mpg (about 10 mpg less), but gain a lot more on power. For $800 less.

I thought the Vstrom 650 was my bike. After sitting on the Vstrom and the FZ it was over for the Vstrom. I am sure the Vstrom is a great bike but FZ had me at "liquid graphite". My dilemma now is do I wait it out for the color I want or take the next one available. They all look good. But the liquid graphite hits the sweet spot for me.

olderthandirt

I had EVERY intention of buying a FZ-09. Then I started reading all the complaints about the JERKY THROTTLE...junk suspension etc and knew I didn't want it.

Then I started reading about the rave reviews of the FZ-07 over in Europe. Then I started reading about all the rave reviews when it was released in Canada six months later. I never read any magazine article where they complained about anything. I had my deposit on an FZ-07 two days before the official Yamaha confirmation they were going to sell it here in the USA.

Been happy ever since. Only other choice would have been the new CB650F....but I already owned a CB600F.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

I thought the Vstrom 650 was my bike. After sitting on the Vstrom and the FZ it was over for the Vstrom. I am sure the Vstrom is a great bike but FZ had me at "liquid graphite". My dilemma now is do I wait it out for the color I want or take the next one available. They all look good. But the liquid graphite hits the sweet spot for me.
Glad im not the only one that was leaning towards a V-Strom. Its just so hard to justify the extra cost for the adventure bike capabilities that i may or may not use. And the inventory of used current gen ones around here is non existent.  
I had a '07 FZ6 before and loved that bike. Only sold it when i moved across the country. Waiting on my local dealer to call me when he has a FZ-07 in stock so i can go sit on one, then depending on numbers im pretty much sold. 

• Global Moderator

Hi @alphalima, glad you joined our group!
Depends on where you live, but I would actively search for one to sit on if that is what's holding you back. The riding season is getting shorter, at least where I live.
I bought it straight out of the box, never sat on one before making the decision. First time I heard a running FZ-07 in real life was when I picked mine up.

I had EVERY intention of buying a FZ-09. Then I started reading all the complaints about the JERKY THROTTLE...junk suspension etc and knew I didn't want it.
I wouldn't say that the 09 has junk suspension. Both bikes are build on a budget and come with a basic setup. Some complain about a jerky throttle, but I suspect that it has a lot to do with the rider and the setting they use too. The 07 and 09 serve a different group of riders. If one fits, the other one will fit less. 
What's up with the Caps Lock? No need to shout.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

I had considered a Ninja 300, a Gladius, and most seriously a Honda CTX 700. When I discovered the FZ07 was coming out it was all over!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Archived